X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Picks on the Best Heng Long Tanks That You Own

I don’t know if this was done in our forum before. As Christmas approaching, I feel that some of our members are in search of a tank to purchase. With our own top picks, they might feel more confident in getting that tank that they like and know a little bit about the tanks they are getting into.. For all those HL tanks you all have purchased, worked on, and played with, can you share with everyone your top picks on two or three of them. I only have 3 categories on my mind at this time. Please take your time and share with all of us your picks term of….

1. Durability in running, upgrading, maintenance, and IR battling.

2. Appearance in details and accuracy.

3. Values. Your greatest deal tank.

If anyone wants to add a category or put a subdivision into a category, please do so. Again, this is based on the tanks that you own and had made your hands dirty from playing with them :-)

Comment

1st place in durability: KV-1

It runs well with those wide, heavy and durable tracks (I upgraded from a static displayed model to all metal running gears and steel gearboxes. It has big sprockets at the rear. The turret is large enough for easy work. It climbs on everything. I screwed the gearboxes into the base so it is very strong. With its short barrel, I had less issue in IR battle between those buildings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8346.JPG
Views:	457
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	330563

Name:	IMG_8347.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	330564

Comment

2nd place durability: T34/85.

It is well built and runs great in battle. It is simple and durable. Its tracks don't grab the ground as good as the KV-1 but they are still wide enough for a good performance. The on/off switch is easily reached in the driver hatch for the 7.0 version. The turret is also big for easy work inside. Upgrading all the wheels, idlers and sprockets to metal were also easy. I don't have to work or check on it much before taking it to play IR battle.

Here is the picture of the 1st and 2nd place
        tanks together:

Name:	IMG_E8157.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	330568

Comment

3rd place for durability: Panzer III.

It’s small and easily maneuvers in battle. Its tracks can be replaced with Toro or Taigen metal tracks. I sent it into battle 3x so far and it had given me no problem. I put it the stock battery (1800mAh) and loaned it to a boy to battle in LA. He ran it (and abused it) for 4 battles. He also ran it during the break times between battles too.

Name:	IMG_8349.JPG
Views:	454
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	330570

Comment

1st place in appearance: King tiger

Awesome looking. Look just like my 1/35 scale Dragon model.

Name:	IMG_8354.JPG
Views:	434
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	330573

Name:	IMG_8355.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	330574

Comment

1st place in appearance: King tiger

Awesome looking. Look just like my 1/35 scale Dragon model.

Name:	IMG_8354.JPG
Views:	419
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	330576

Name:	IMG_8355.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	330577

Comment

2nd place in appearance: Jagdpanther.

Such a scary tank destroyer. After fixing the springs in the 2 front wheels to raise the front up, it looks very balance.

Name:	IMG_8352.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	330579

Comment

3rd place in appearance: T34/85.

I have two Russian Trumpeter T34s. The HL T34 looks very much similar to my Trumpeter models...on the outside of course.

Name:	IMG_8270.JPG
Views:	427
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	330581

Comment

1st place in values : Tiger I

I got a good deal on a new fully customized tank with barrel recoil for $270

Name:	IMG_8350.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	330583

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                      I don’t know if this was done in our forum before. As Christmas approaching, I feel that some of our members are in search of a tank to purchase. With our own top picks, they might feel more confident in getting that tank that they like and know a little bit about the tanks they are getting into.. For all those HL tanks you all have purchased, worked on, and played with, can you share with everyone your top picks on two or three of them. I only have 3 categories on my mind at this time. Please take your time and share with all of us your picks term of….

1. Durability in running, upgrading, maintenance, and IR battling.

2. Appearance in details and accuracy.

3. Values. Your greatest deal tank.
                      1. Durability: goes to the KV1 (KV34/85 shown here) is hands down the most durable. The KV can take an immense amount of abuse and come back for more. It’s big can be made to be very heavy and with upgrades to motors nearly unstoppable off road.

Name:	0B1647DE-4002-4F10-93AF-9E5B8338B633.jpeg
Views:	531
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	330598

2. Appearance, this goes to the T72. It has been in use around the world for 50 years and there are endless options for camo schemes and modifications. This lends it to being able to be made into a relatively interesting model. Shown here in desert theme and a modernized themed.

Name:	BA6D5147-2AC8-456F-9332-9C4D7DA94EEC.jpeg
Views:	453
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	330599

3. Value, this is hands down the T34. It runs extremely well out of the box, reliable, reasonable good off road and needs next to no maintenance. T34s are so easy to drive and reliable that I use them as primary “loaner” tank at IR battle days. The all around reliability and ease of operation make it the best value in the entire HL line up. Shown here in Arab desert theme.

Name:	6E36CD95-5082-4D8B-BA73-62F48612EC83.jpeg
Views:	426
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	330600

4. IR battling. I made this a stand alone section in my ranking because almost all the HL tanks when modified with aftermarket IR receivers are equally good. Although there are two that stand out a little more then the rest. The first is the M41 Walker Bulldog and the second the M4 Sherman. These two tanks consistently do well in IR battles. Don’t ask me what makes them just a little better. It really takes having driven and fought with all the tanks to understand the little nuances of each. Shown here the M41 and M4. NOTE: both these tanks have been modified in appearance from the factory HL scheme.

M41 Walker Bulldog

Name:	41C3EB7C-E33A-4837-B723-D7A4962C6569.jpeg
Views:	432
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	330601

M4 Sherman Click image for larger version

Name:	6BA34E52-96BB-4216-9DB6-0526EBC7F9A7.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	353.5 KB
ID:	330602

Comment

Fun thread, David!

Favorites? My primary criteria for this choice would be performance outside. In this light, any tank with wide tracks are good, seeming to be less likely to come off the wheels. This means T-34 & M41 Bulldog tied for first:

Name:	T34-85 05.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	330696Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0804.JPEG
Views:	402
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	330697

KV-1 (in Zik-20 configuration) and King Tiger tied for second.

Name:	Zik-20 017.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	330700Click image for larger version

Name:	King Tiger 10.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	330698

Honorable mentions for the M26 Pershing. My Panther G is new so it's unrated.

Name:	M26 03.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	330699
                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                        X