X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
    Posting together before leaving. Thank you for viewing :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8933.JPG
Views:	468
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	334458

Thank you for taking the photos today you did a great job with them and during the battles today.

Comment

When do you guys leave typically?
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
        When do you guys leave typically?
        Battles start at 10am and run until right around 2pm. By 3pm we packed up and gone.

Comment

Being in Maine, I will likely never get all the way to the opposite corner of the country to play with you guys. I do, however, greatly appreciate the pictures you post of your game days. Just looking at the participating model tanks tells me you are a relaxed bunch who are focused on having a fun time. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
            The photo does not do the actual size justice. That Merc is HUGE!!! Much larger then an Abrams or Leopard 2
            Only when I saw it displaying in front of my own eyes that I realized this tank's a beast. So wide, so long, so high, so big, so detailed, so so many things :-)

Name:	IMG_8923.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	334482

Comment

Battles start at 10am and run until right around 2pm. By 3pm we packed up and gone.
              How many battles do you guys do? I only have one battery for my Panzer III I can charge it but just wondering how many batteries you guys have on a typical tank battle day. My 15 year old daughter wants to participate, but she is the main reason we couldn't come Saturday. She has lots of other activities. Hopefully we can make it after waiting two years. The Tank was one of my Covid projects back in July of 2020.
              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I was having so much fun that I lost counts of how many. I think each battle lasts about 15 minutes. We did 4-5 in the morning and 4-5 after lunch. I brought 4 tanks and played 2x on some and 3x on some other tanks. My tanks are big with heavy metal running gears and tracks. They might use up more on the batteries. If you have a panzer III, I think you should be ok. Last time I brought my panzer III with metal tracks. I allowed a young boy to borrow and played battles. He ran every single battle with us and also ran it around during the intermissions too. It was still running at the end of the battle day.

Comment

Anyway, most of us bring extra batteries. If you tank goes death on you, just let one of us know and we will loan one of our batteries. But I won't loan you my screw driver, lol.

Comment

If you have a tight schedule, You can come at 10AM, battle till noon and leave. Or you can come after lunch and battle till 2PM. If you have only 1 tank, you can let your daughter runs it and we let you borrow our tanks so you both can battle.

Comment

Oh...and when the battle involves Tamiya Tigers and King tigers, it will take a little longer. Those German heavy tanks could absorb 9 hits to be put out of action. Yesterday, 2 times I put in my elefant. Those battles were long and fearsome :-)

Comment

Last Saturday, I noticed that a couple of our senior members carried a little reset unit to restart the tank for the next battle. May I ask where I can get one of those? One for the Tamiya battle unit tank and one for the HL legoDEI tank (if it exits) . I am kinda becoming irritated to pick up the HL tank, turn it up side down to restart it besides asking my comrade to shoot me to restart. I search our forum and found this picture from Etsy. Did he successfully make this? I did not see it in his online retail shop. Thank you!

Name:	image_53216.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	334726

Comment

Last Saturday, I noticed that a couple of our senior members carried a little reset unit to restart the tank for the next battle. May I ask where I can get one of those? One for the Tamiya battle unit tank and one for the HL legoDEI tank (if it exits) . I am kinda becoming irritated to pick up the HL tank, turn it up side down to restart it besides asking my comrade to shoot me to restart. I search our forum and found this picture from Etsy. Did he successfully make this? I did not see it in his online retail shop. Thank you!

Name:	image_53216.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	334726
                          If you shut the HL tank off at the controller and restart it the battle value should reset automatically on restart. There is no need to pick the tank up and turn it off and on to reset.

The above LegoDEI system is only able to reset Tamiya tanks although it can fire hit pulses to kill any tank. It has a few other functions too.

Comment

Great tip on the HL . For that Tamiya reset unit, I just email him to see if he still has one and brings it the next time he comes to the LA battle. I am in no rush on that Tamiya system reset. I can always count on you gentlemen to reset my Tamiya tank at the battle, lol.

Comment

Is the KV-1 consider medium or heavy tank in our battle protocol? The JS-2 is, correct?

Comment

Is the KV-1 consider medium or heavy tank in our battle protocol? The JS-2 is, correct?
                                You can run them how you please as long as they comply with the given weight rating you choose. 3 hits-3 second reloads light, 5-5 medium and 9-9 heavy.

Typically the KV and JS2 are considered Heavy tanks by WW2 standards and in a WW2 themed battle that would be correct, but then rarely do we just do WW2 battles. There is alway a mix of WW2, Cold War and Modern tanks. So weight class and fighting style is left up to the end user.

I run my KV and Pershing as medium tanks and my Sherman as a light tank. I am happy give up armor protection “hits” for a slightly faster reload. IME a medium tank will kill a heavy tank 75% of the time. A light tank will kill a heavy tank 50% of the time, IF YOU fight your tank with skill. Heavy tanks are basically sitting ducks IMO.

Comment

The above LegoDEI system is only able to reset Tamiya tanks although it can fire hit pulses to kill any tank. It has a few other functions too.
                                  LegoDEI responded to my email. He doesn't have those reset unit anymore. Any idea where I can get one?

Comment

LegoDEI responded to my email. He doesn't have those reset unit anymore. Any idea where I can get one?
                                    Lego makes them no else has them.

Comment

I asked him about those a couple months ago. He seemed willing to make and sell more, if there was enough demand. So, if enough people want them and they let him know, maybe they will return.

Comment

Sneak preview on the tank I might bring for battle next month

Name:	IMG_E9077.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	335536

Comment

We are also celebrating the Lunar New Year in February. It's the year of the Tiger. We have decided to borrow the Bovington Tiger and have it brought to LA to battle too :-) We will just need to paint the Tamiya battle IR receiver to match that desert color.

Name:	IMG_E9072.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	335540Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E9075.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	335541

Comment

Working...
                                          X