You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tamiya 1/16 Centurion build and field test.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamiya Khaki XF-49.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5917.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	356743

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidN View Post
      Tamiya Khaki XF-49.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5917.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	356743
      So you decided not to go with dark green theme like the box art and more a desert theme?

Comment

• David that color is too dark ad you are not going to like the finished results if you are going for an IDF theme.
        better Tamiya colors to use would buff or wood deck tan.
        I use buff and then lightly weather.
        With your weathering style you need a lighter base color.
        just my opinion but you want to get the paint right on such a nice expensive model.
        also, I am thinking about making urethane plastic cast 105mm L7 gun barrels since the aluminum ones are not going to be made again and we’re a limited project. The plastic ones will be much cheaper than the aluminum ones were.
        RC tank parts and accessories I make
        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Thank you both! I will make the adjustment. I am glad that there will be the affordable L7 barrels

Comment

• I can’t get say when I will get to it, but it’s something I want to do to get more out there. It’s just a lot of work and I’m working on a bunch of my model trains right now that I have put off too long. Then I will get back to tank projects.

Comment

• No rush :-) I am fine with this Tamiya barrel.

Comment

• No rush :-) I am fine with this Tamiya barrel.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                  I can’t get say when I will get to it, but it’s something I want to do to get more out there. It’s just a lot of work and I’m working on a bunch of my model trains right now that I have put off too long. Then I will get back to tank projects.
                  Good to see alternatives on the barrel. BTW, what gauge trains?

Comment

• On3. o scale narrow gauge. Mostly logging with Shays and the Southern Pacific narrow gauge Keeler branch in Owens valley

Comment

• Copy that, started with a bit of Marklin HO's, then O scale MTH's, also got some 20.3 NG with a mix of Shay/Goose etc. What a mixed bag.

BTW, thanks for mentioning the color for the Centurion, I was about to settle on a mix of buff and dark yellow, but it's hard to come close to the sand grey in real life.

Comment

• The color changed over time. In the 67 and 73 wars the IDF just used a sand color. It got darker in the id late 70s then moved to a khaki color in the 80s then became the siani grey/green in the 90s that it is today. That color fades fast in the siani but not as much in the golden and West Bank of the river valley. Even in the 90s and early 2000s though the IDF used sand color on many Merkavas deployed in the siani since it was a better cammo color until they just used the grey/green on everything.
                        so for the 67/73 war era centurions the color should just be a sand color.

Comment

Working...
                        X