Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone shed some light here for me.

I just received my t34 from motion and all looks and works great but I noticed the smoke unit just bouncing around in the tub. I dont see any attachment points. Is it normally like that?
    Attached Files

Comment

The T-34 smoke unit directs the smoke out the exhaust vents on the top of the hull. It needs to be connected there so when you take off the top it stays on. I've glued the smoke hoses to the top deck and press fit the other ends to the smoke generator. So yes, it dangles! Other tanks that have exhausts through the lower hull will have the generator secured with screws.
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

You're the man!!! Thank you. And yes I found the tubing rolling around inside. I attached them it's just hanging there but will surely come off again. I'll consider what you did. Good idea.

Also, do you guys think doing the magnet hull mod (for easy access) is worth doing? I'd imagine you would have to cut the screw posts very nice and flat/evenly so that the magnets mate perfectly.

I did this mod to both of my other tanks (leopard/t90) and they hold on ok but seems like it could have been better if I had a way to cut the post perfect level.

Not to mention having to make sure they are cut to the correct length. Any advice or info would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Woohoo\o/ View Post
          You're the man!!! Thank you. And yes I found the tubing rolling around inside. I attached them it's just hanging there but will surely come off again. I'll consider what you did. Good idea.

Also, do you guys think doing the magnet hull mod (for easy access) is worth doing? I'd imagine you would have to cut the screw posts very nice and flat/evenly so that the magnets mate perfectly.

I did this mod to both of my other tanks (leopard/t90) and they hold on ok but seems like it could have been better if I had a way to cut the post perfect level.

Not to mention having to make sure they are cut to the correct length. Any advice or info would be awesome.
          Magnets have their place, but using them causes other issues especially as the length (modern tanks) and weight of the tank goes up. HL tanks are designed to be unibody and need the hulls screwed to hold the hulls tightly together, which keeps the lower hulls from flexing (or being ripped off by brush or other field obstruction). Flexing happens when the tank is driven over obstacles, rough terrain and at higher speeds. Lower hull flexing is a major contributing factor to de-tracking issues.

If you are using magnets to hold the hulls together it is also recommended to add lower hull bracing to keep it from flexing.

Once the stock HL tank is set up (new motors, upgraded gearboxes and such) there should be very little reason to need to open it unless you have the battery mounted internally in such a way that it bypasses the battery box. When I bypass the battery box I use NiMH batteries as these can be safely charged and stored while in the sealed tank unlike Li Po batteries that should not be charged or stored in a sealed tank.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

Functionally though, how do they actually work? Do any of the manufacturers provide an exploded or cut-away diagram explaining them? I can make a few guesses from what is stated here but I would like to have more specific details. They seem a bit pricey to consider buying on the basis of my guesses. Are all MFUs compatible with them?
            I think we should start a new topic on this and not hijack this one.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

Functionally though, how do they actually work? Do any of the manufacturers provide an exploded or cut-away diagram explaining them? I can make a few guesses from what is stated here but I would like to have more specific details. They seem a bit pricey to consider buying on the basis of my guesses. Are all MFUs compatible with them?
              Further discussion in the thread PDSGB (Propulsion Dynamics Steel Gearbox and HL "Dual Current" Gearbox Discussion.​

Comment

Ok, back to T-34's...

My Egyptian T-34/85 is "done & dressed up", ready for the next mideast battle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T34-85E 07.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	359499

Name:	T34-85E 08.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	359500Click image for larger version

Name:	T34-85E 06.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	359501Click image for larger version

Name:	T34-85E 10.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	359502

Comment

So real!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                    Ok, back to T-34's...

Looks really good Bob!! 👍👍

Comment

I have an "oh, duh" question; I have removed and attached the idler and sprocket wheels a lot during this project. Somehow I got the screws/bolts different on each side, and I don't remember which is correct! Typically in our tanks the sprocket uses the allen head bolt, and the idler uses the Philipps head screw. Is that the case for the T-34?

Comment

I have an "oh, duh" question; I have removed and attached the idler and sprocket wheels a lot during this project. Somehow I got the screws/bolts different on each side, and I don't remember which is correct! Typically in our tanks the sprocket uses the allen head bolt, and the idler uses the Philipps head screw. Is that the case for the T-34?
                        Yes

Comment

Ok, back to T-34's...

Superb weathering, Rust effects top notch. Outstanding Bob.

Comment

On the subject of smokers, I replaced the stock unit in the t34, I don't remember what brand I bought, moved the unit to the front of the hull and ran a single tube to the exhausts at the rear. I bought some T fittings from the local pet shop, they are for aquariums, and connected up the whole mess. So now I just fill it up from the driver's hatch.

Comment

Bob The T34 looks fantastic.
                              I have a T34 in winter white wash and it looks really cold, I think I will do one in warmer colors I like it!
                              Thanks for the inspiration

Comment

Hi V! Winter camo is almost as much fun as desert schemes for "weathering". Here in southern California, they're a bit of fish out of water though.

Comment

Drive testing my T-34, interspersing second and third person perspectives. No music or anything, so watch as much or as little as you want! (It's in HD, so if it looks grainy, run it straight in Youtube.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
                                    On the subject of smokers, I replaced the stock unit in the t34, I don't remember what brand I bought, moved the unit to the front of the hull and ran a single tube to the exhausts at the rear. I bought some T fittings from the local pet shop, they are for aquariums, and connected up the whole mess. So now I just fill it up from the driver's hatch.
                                    Dont buy, make your own. 1. Much better performance 2. Takes up little room in lower hull.

Name:	20221022_113025.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	359950

Comment

Working...
                                    X