X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark Board TK80

My Clark TK80LW boards arrived a few days ago. One for the Toro Jagd KT (non RTR) and one for the HL Tiger I (RTR). I reviewed the info on the Clark-model website. I could only got the sound to work. I am trying to set them up for my Spektrum DX9 transmitter. Can any member, who owns one, kindly post a picture of the inside connections of your tank for me to follow?

My Clark board expert buddy (Mr. E) is out of town until the end of March. I just eager to hook them up as much as I can at this time and see if I could get it run to impress him. Or bring the whole mess to him and have him connected them when he comes back :-(

Thank you!

The Clark tk80 connection diagram is on his website along with the codes to shoot it with the Tv remote to make changes inside the board like class hits etc
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

After binding the Clark Board TK80 with my Spektrum DX9, I was able to make my HL Tiger I and HL Panther tank run and turn. I can rotate their turrets and elevate the barrels. I can control the gun fire and MG fire. The sound of the engine on both Panther and Tiger I were great. The work on the lights is next. It is also time to order some TBU and IR sets to get it involved into the battle. I will also turn back to work on the Toro Jagdtiger.

Comment

Just remember that the Tamiya brand battle apple base does not plug into the Clark board. You need a Clark brand base, nice ones are sold by DAK RC.

Comment

Yeap! I have already emailed Kenny about those apple bases. Thanks!

Comment

I got mine to work just using servo leads and a 5 portJST HX connector. I have spare 5 pin connectors I can bring Saturday.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I finally got my Clark TK80 board installed into my Toro Jagtiger. It is a beast. It is ready for IR battle. I can control it with my Spektrum DX9 transmitter. It could take up to 9 hits. It is also an IFA (invulnerable frontal armor). It will be fun to bring in to the May 14 LA battle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0113.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	344513

Comment

I think we are migrating the club rules away from the IFA because so many tanks are impossible to shoot with it and totally dominate the field unrealistically.
                After extensive testing we have concluded the 45 degree Tamiya or legodei apple is a much better approach as you can not receive hits head on beyond 5 feet but closer than 5 feet the tank can receive hits.

Comment

Most of my German tank destroyers are installed with LegoDEI receivers. Rubicon knew this fact. At our battle, he often charged straight to my tank destroyers head on and got closed up so he could registered multiple hits on mines :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                    I think we are migrating the club rules away from the IFA because so many tanks are impossible to shoot with it and totally dominate the field unrealistically.
                    After extensive testing we have concluded the 45 degree Tamiya or legodei apple is a much better approach as you can not receive hits head on beyond 5 feet but closer than 5 feet the tank can receive hits.
                    Which way are you positioning the ir sensors to face ?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                      Most of my German tank destroyers are installed with LegoDEI receivers. Rubicon knew this fact. At our battle, he often charged straight to my tank destroyers head on and got closed up so he could registered multiple hits on mines :-)
                      This is the only tactic that works on “most” newer IFA tanks especially on such a small and confining outdoor fields like LA where there is NO room to maneuver for side shots. Couple this with improperly set up IFA tanks (IFA was intended for use with a Tamiya DMD/MFU and TBA combination) and LA becomes a recipe for everyone having no fun and tanks running the high probability of getting physically damaged do to the close contact fighting needed ensure hits on newer IFA tanks.

As I understand it, the rules are changing for IFA tanks as the issues have now become more evident and the blocked “Apple” rule is going away and being replaced with “turned apples” or 45 deg shades. Time has proven blocked “apples” balances the odds too much in favor of the “non full Tamiya system” IFA tank. Given that MOST of those using newer IFA tanks DO NOT have their tank’s performance set to match the true Tamiya handling characteristics of “tank destroyers / assault guns” (aka they are set to drive and turn unreasonable fast), means they can turn their entire hull (gun) faster then a turreted tank can traverse its turret.

In summary IFA tanks have become “cheat tanks”. The original Tamiya handicap of slow turning and low top speed which IFA was intended to compensate for is no longer a factor with newer IFA tanks and control systems. Most IFA tanks users have taken advantage of a lax in the “intent” or just plainly do not know the history of it. IFA are now over powered and vastly unbalanced for any class or generation of tank going up against them.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

Which way are you positioning the ir sensors to face ?
                        If using a Tamiya IR receiver going from a + to an X to the front of the tank. This can be accomplished be simply turning the internal “mirror” if you have your receiver base already mounted.

If using a LegoDEI then simply adding a 45deg shade and also going at an X mounted configuration (to the front of the tank).

The X configuration allows for stand off range fighting retaining a lot of the “newer” IFA “advantages”, but also allows for frontal hits starting at ~10ft vs the under 3ft (often much less) with a “block” IR receiver that is common now. The new configuration improves side protection slightly as well.

Comment

So a low sensitivity spot faces front for the super heavy armored tank jagd whatevers. Normal tanks still have high sensitivity facing to their turret fronts?

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post
                            So a low sensitivity spot faces front for the super heavy armored tank jagd whatevers. Normal tanks still have high sensitivity facing to their turret fronts?
                            Yes, BUT for only “non turreted” tanks with fixed forwards facing main guns. It is also only a change being looked at largely by clubs in the Western US. because we have a very open policy and light enforcement of rules governing tank “set up”. The big east coast clubs have tighter rules governing tank “set up” and in such not as many issues as we are seeing.

Many of us east and west though would like to see a change to the X configuration for all modern tanks like the Abrams, Leopard 2 and such to better represent their advanced armor protection, but that is a conversation for its own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Yes, BUT for only “non turreted” tanks with fixed forwards facing main guns. It is also only a change being looked at largely by clubs in the Western US. because we have a very open policy and light enforcement of rules governing tank “set up”. The big east coast clubs have tighter rules governing tank “set up” and in such not as many issues as we are seeing.

Many of us east and west though would like to see a change to the X configuration for all modern tanks like the Abrams, Leopard 2 and such to better represent their advanced armor protection, but that is a conversation for its own thread.
                              It strikes me that a lot has to do with whether one is trying to have a simulation or a sport. You west coast guys seem to be leaning toward simulation and east coast toward sport. Personally I lean toward simulation.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you set the IFA? Just turn the apple or put tape on it?
                                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I think the LA club expects that the player prepare his tank as fair as possible. Every player has his own unique favorite setup type of tank. Not many people could afford the Tamiya tanks. Some players have the $1000 tanks. Some have $200 tanks. I met a player with the $3000 tank. Everyone has his own intention and purpose when he comes to the battle. There are newly jointed players, old players, experienced players, inexperienced players, young players, and female players. Some players come to have fun. Some players bring new tanks to test out. Some players just want to win at every battle. Some come to sell stuff. Some are picky. Some complaint frequently. Some ignore everything people said. Some stick strictly with the rule. Some don't care about rule.

In the battle, there were all types of tanks involved. Some players have only 1-2 tanks, so they are very good fighting with their tanks. I bring 5-7. I play each of my tanks in 1-2 battles. I usually use the HL stock batteries for those tanks that I play for 1 battle. They are a little bit under powered for the heavy metal running wheels and tracks I have on the tanks. They crawl like a turtle. I decided to set them in high speed and try to control my tank speed during the battle. Sometimes in the heat of battle, I got over excited and forgot. I ran it faster that I should. Oh well . I saw many players ran their tanks fast the entire battle. I saw many tanks that "don't die" after receiving the set number of hits. I saw a Tamiya tank that did not gradually and mechanically slowing down after getting multiple hits. It just kept rolling like a new tank. I saw tanks that did not flash when they got shot at. I saw people restarted their tanks and kept playing after their tank got knocked out. Some tanks just stayed at the rear, did not join it and wanted to be the last tank to survive the battle.

Whether the ways players prepare or play their tanks intentionally or unintentionally correct or incorrect, LA club does not strictly enforce and check. I think the opened flexible policy is to attract more players to come and share the fun of the hobby and among each other.

Comment

I got this tank from the president of the LA club. This is how he taped it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8877AB.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	344604

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                                      I think the LA club expects that the player prepare his tank as fair as possible. Every player has his own unique favorite setup type of tank. Not many people could afford the Tamiya tanks. Some players have the $1000 tanks. Some have $200 tanks. I met a player with the $3000 tank. Everyone has his own intention and purpose when he comes to the battle. There are newly jointed players, old players, experienced players, inexperienced players, young players, and female players. Some players come to have fun. Some players bring new tanks to test out. Some players just want to win at every battle. Some come to sell stuff. Some are picky. Some complaint frequently. Some ignore everything people said. Some stick strictly with the rule. Some don't care about rule.

In the battle, there were all types of tanks involved. Some players have only 1-2 tanks, so they are very good fighting with their tanks. I bring 5-7. I play each of my tanks in 1-2 battles. I usually use the HL stock batteries for those tanks that I play for 1 battle. They are a little bit under powered for the heavy metal running wheels and tracks I have on the tanks. They crawl like a turtle. I decided to set them in high speed and try to control my tank speed during the battle. Sometimes in the heat of battle, I got over excited and forgot. I ran it faster that I should. Oh well . I saw many players ran their tanks fast the entire battle. I saw many tanks that "don't die" after receiving the set number of hits. I saw a Tamiya tank that did not gradually and mechanically slowing down after getting multiple hits. It just kept rolling like a new tank. I saw tanks that did not flash when they got shot at. I saw people restarted their tanks and kept playing after their tank got knocked out. Some tanks just stayed at the rear, did not join it and wanted to be the last tank to survive the battle.

Whether the ways players prepare or play their tanks intentionally or unintentionally correct or incorrect, LA club does not strictly enforce and check. I think the opened flexible policy is to attract more players to come and share the fun of the hobby and among each other.
                                      The LA club is flexible with rules for new player during their first, second and third times attending (unfortunately it has gotten very laxed since COVID restrictions ended), but does start to ask them after that time to begin to adhere to the widely accepted gaming rules. The rules are there to ensure balance and fairness for ALL PLAYERS regardless of a $200 tank or $3000 tank.

You are still relatively new and learning but have been to enough events that you should be in compliance with all the rules and understand why they are there. Unfortunately it seems you wish to remain ignorant to others efforts to have their tanks fairly set up and following the rules. There are rules you seem to not care about and the only way to teach you is to put tanks on the field that mimic yours and let you experience the frustration of fighting them. Kinda what one has to sometimes do with a child so they learn about others feelings. It’s call experiential learning. Even still you are unaware of the lesson.

I do this, I freely and openly admit it, BUT I always inform the club leadership when I am doing this and have “tacit blessings” to do so. So ask yourself why I have the blessings? And why it is only directed at certain players and during certain times?

Unfortunately it is becoming more and more a necessity since the introduction of the HL LegoDEI receivers which needed governing rules do to so many improperly set up and wide misuse of the HL tanks high power performance setting during battles. The HL rules were established before you started attending events and you have been told them a number of times. You clearly do not wish to follow the rules and without informing anyone change them when it suits you or they handicap your tank in some way. Just like you to stated above.

Now malfunction of system do happen and tanks can without the user’s knowledge or intent begin performing out of specification. Tamiya, HL and Clark’s have this happen from time to time. This is not a rule breaking issues and understandable. When the user knows and without notifying anyone still uses the tank in battle that is the problem. Sadly even this is becoming an issue do to the lack of enforcement of rules.

If there are no enforced rules quality players will leave and the club will suffer. It has happened and is happening, but If you prefer a loose set of non enforced club rules approach, there are those that can put tanks on the field that would ensure opposing players lose every battle or become so frustrated they will simply stop showing up because “fair as possible” as you say, is very subjective.

Comment

So it is OK to upgrade the setup in your tank as long as you approaches the leader to inform him while the rest of the tanks in battle did not know anything about your intention? Funny!
                                        And If I remember correctly, the Tamiya Pershing ran faster than my Jagdpanzer IV after receiving 5 hits. And that was OK too???
                                        I play for fun with my newly painted and assembled tanks. Out of 8-10 battles we played on the day, my tanks got knocked out 80% of the time before the battle was over. So I am not as "serious" with the intention to break the rule to win.
                                        I posted my view from what I saw at the battle and how I saw other players played. If you saw my playing was inappropriate and just picked on me, that's acceptable too. I can reset my tanks so it will be slower than your Pershing and Haojie's tank too, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                        X