Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After taking the IR bulb and filing it down to fit into the Brass tube, I no longer have the IR leaking through the barrel. It used to go every direction right though the plastic. I had to seal the back of the brass tube with aluminum tape. That being said, the length of the IR barrel which is about 3 cm or 1.5 inch long still scatters a bunch of IR to the left and right. Not good for friendly fire. I had to put an extender straw on it to make it more focused and less of a hazard to friendly tanks. I think a lot of people think 1 centimeter is enough and I don't think so. I think we might want to test tanks for the focus. In the first photo I am able to shoot past Haojie"s pill box and still hit the IR target at the end of the garage door. Look how long the black tube is. At least this way I can put the 88 further back on the battlefield and not get taken out in the first minute. 88 mm qualify as a light target themselves.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Pretty dam cool!

Comment

I took out the IR barrel to measure it. WOW, 7cm long. Most of the tank battles barely have 1 cm.

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
          I took out the IR barrel to measure it. WOW, 7cm long. Most of the tank battles barely have 1 cm.
          The longer the tube the narrower the beam spread. So at 7cm that canon would need to be dead on target to hit it.

Comment

That is what we want right? Not sure what the legal spread is. I know at 3 cm the guy next to it is getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
              That is what we want right? Not sure what the legal spread is. I know at 3 cm the guy next to it is getting hit.
              For tanks the bulbs are recommended to be ~9mm deep. For other field props it’s up the the builder and the intended effect. To wide is a beam and you hit your own team, to narrow and it is easy to get around.

Comment

Working...
              X