X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA TANK BATTLEDAY SATURDAY, JULY 9, 2022

Just wanna start this thread early before the holidays :-) Any input :-)?

July is about the right month that the battle of Caen took place near Normandy in 1944. I have this Panzer IV tank ready to go to battle for the German side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0600.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	348610

Good looking Panzer IV! Motivates me to work on mine.

Comment

And a tank from the Western Allies....

Name:	IMG_0606A.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	348653Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0621A.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	348654

Comment

Nicely sorted Sherman.

Comment

Prepared another one today for the Russian side.

Name:	IMG_0622.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	348730Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0623.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	348731

Comment

Cool...but no rubber on the wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
              Cool...but no rubber on the wheels?
              Thank you for pointing that out. That lower hull was given to me by the president of the LA tank club. I did not realize that. Luckily I have an extra set of rubble tires. I will put them on this weekend.

Comment

Since Motion RC came out with a Very Large B17 at 63" wingspan and a B24 at 78" wingspan, Why not produce a B29 Superfortress RC model, I would be the first to buy One ?

Comment

Originally posted by ALL GAVE SOME, BUT SOME GAVE ALL ! View Post
                  Since Motion RC came out with a Very Large B17 at 63" wingspan and a B24 at 78" wingspan, Why not produce a B29 Superfortress RC model, I would be the first to buy One ?
                  The topic of this thread is the July 9th LA Tank clubs battle day. How does your post have anything to do with this threads purpose. This is the TANK section of the forum, NOT the WW2 airplane section of the forum.

But yes it would be nice to see a B29.

Comment

Would love a B-29 too. He is new so go light on him. He seems to know a thing about freewing planes so I think an innocent mistake.
                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Done.... :-)

Name:	IMG_0639.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	348794

Comment

Test drive......

Thank you.....Tank_me!

Comment

Nice
                          RC tank parts and accessories I make
                          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

And the preparation continue for the July 9 event. This one will enter the modern warfare battle......

image widget

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                              And the preparation continue for the July 9 event. This one will enter the modern warfare battle......

image widget
                              You just posted a bunch of WW2 tank photos early in the thread and indicated the July 9th battle is WW2 leaning. Now it’s going to be a “modern theme”? So which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

You just posted a bunch of WW2 tank photos early in the thread and indicated the July 9th battle is WW2 leaning. Now it’s going to be a “modern theme”? So which is it?
                                I don't plan on the theme since we don't know which member or how many members will show up. We don't know the type of tanks our members will bring. I just want to bring different types of tanks to the event and watch on the types of tanks our members bring. Then whatever the amount that we could size up for 2 sides, then I will ask the president of the club to allow us to side up and play in the afternoon. And I don't want to be missed out of the battle. I'd like to bring varieties so I could put the right tank of mines for the afternoon battle :-) In the morning, we still play the mixing battles as usual. Last month, if I knew Bob planned to bring his T34/76, I would have brought my T34/76 too to join and play with him :-)

Comment

For many years at LA Tank we just battle what we bring, often creating teams of like tanks is very difficult and usually there were more German tanks especially heavy ones so we had to even the teams by mixing tanks around.
                                  In the last few years lots of newer tank models including modern have proliferated our hobby and likewise LA Tank meet opening up even more options.

I have enjoyed your push to have axis and allied teams after lunch. Sometimes one side is weighted more than the other but it is still fun to play an all olive drab sherman team and fight against all panzers even when we loose.

Its a good idea though to bring an array of tanks with you not just one type so there would be a variation of tanks rotated on the field. Most of us do this.

The LA battlefield would be quite a different place if it were all modern tanks battling at the same time. Its not big enough for the larger size and faster speed if all the tanks were modern. Even when I drive my Merkava or M60 I have be slow and very careful as the battlefield is congested with tanks and buildings and props.
                                  That is why every July, San Diego RC Tank Battles hosts our annual Modern Tank themed event, encouraging everyone to bring out their modern tanks for a large battlefield of fast batting and open maneuvering that is not available anywhere else in the United States to our knowledge. It is a completely different engagement than what is experienced in LA.
                                  In encourage you to get a modern tank prepped and attend the July event on Sunday July31st at mission bay park. You wont regret attending it if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                                    Test drive......

Thank you.....Tank_me!

:) Looking good.

Comment

Thank you for the invitation and letting me know about the event on July 31st. I hope to get my Centurion built by that time. if not, I will try to convert to IR the remaining 2 and bring all 4 of my "considered" modern battle tanks to SD.

Name:	IMG_0654A.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	348886

Comment

For the modern battle in San Diego get one or two of those Leopard 2 tanks tuned up for battle. Save the centurian for other battles. You will want the Leopards for our event.
                                        We have some great plans that will make battle totally different and feel modern no matter what kind of system you have in your tank.

Comment

Working...
                                        X