Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the flag idea. Can someone source the antenna wire? I will make sure my tanks can use them if they are universal.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Here is a thought on the flags. Make a bunch in both colors, mounted on fairly long, thin, spring wire poles. Attach the base of each pole to a strong, rare earth magnet. Have a second rare earth magnet in hand and open a hatch on the top of a tank. Hold the magnet with the flag against the top of the open hatch. Place the 2nd magnet against the inside of the hatch so that it secures the flag magnet against the outside top. Close the hatch. Voila! The tank is flagged in moments. Since almost every tank has at least one openable hatch on top, just about everyones tank can be quickly flagged or re-flagged in moments, with no special mount needed. Keeping the wire pole thin and long enough that the flag is above the ir sensor apple makes sure it doesnt cause interference. People can easily move flags as sides and tanks change for each battle. Collect the flags at the end of the day and you are ready to go for next month.

Comment

That is a great idea Wolf. Like I said if someone sources the materials we can just keep them at the Club. The mounts could be as easy as your magnets.
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Another thought...Since most of the tankers are standing behind his or her tanks on the same side, we can just put a nicely cut sizable masking tape or sticky label at the rear of the turrets. At least it is noticeable for other the friendly tanks. A friendly tank (most of the time is probably from behind) can at least check it out before shooting at it.

If I remember correctly, we had 1 battle last Saturday that Rich thought that Eric was still on his side from the last battle. But Eric had switched side the next battle to balance the 2 forces.
          In the afternoon, we divide the sides by mostly German and Allies with only 1 or 2 tanks from other type or country to fit in. But in the morning, they were all mixed in. It was quite difficult to remember the other 5-6 tanks in the same team.

Comment

That was another tanker that thought Eric was still on his side, Eric had already KO'd my tank and I pointed that out.
            We dont need little flags some of my tanks have scale antennas others dont. Im not modifying my models for flags. We have battled for years with a rare occasion of player disphoria. If it happens oh well, it happens in real life too. But its quite rare at LA
            I am not putting tape on my tanks either, I spend a year plus building and detailing my models and I do not want sticky residue on the paint.
            Just pay attention to who is on your team.
            RC tank parts and accessories I make
            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Hey everyone, what goes on at these tank events?
              nice tanks everyone.

Comment

Any events going on in va any time soon?
                thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tmodel66_71 View Post
                  Any events going on in va any time soon?
                  thanks
                  At the AAF tank museum in Danville. They have the largest RC tank battles in the US. Give the a look and I think you will be happy.

Comment

Great.
                    thanks for the info

Comment

When I watch rc tank battles on you tube I wish I knew what I'm seeing. Nobody narrates the videos.

Comment

Essentially two teams., last tank standing wins. Sometimes there are capture the flag or assault/defend scenarios, but usually it's a meet to engagement.
                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X