X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could not quit on heng long tanks

i know i had some negative posts about the two heng long tanks i had to return. i just couldnt leave it at that and took another chance and bought a camo Abrams and it is running very well. i am very happy. dont know exactly what went wrong with the other two tanks i bought, but everything seems in order on this beauty. only negative is they sent me a 3800 mah battery and it is just too big. thought was nice, but its a hassle to get it in. down graded to a smaller 2800 mah.
    i am considering the German Leopard 7.0 Heng Long for my next purchase. any advice on how it runs? also looking at the sherman and the bulldog. tiger 1 is a must. any advice on which one is best?

Their batteries are actually Hollow. There is a photo somewhere in this forum that shows if you cut off the shell the batteries are tiny.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

also,
      the bb firing effect is okay but i'd rather swap it out for a recoiling barrel with muzzle flash. where can i get the part(s)? also, when i'm ready to upgrade can i get some instructions from a fellow tanker?

Comment

I only know how to do that with Clark boards and 3d printed parts. I think the 7.0 HL MFU should be able to handle it. You just need to buy the recoil mechanism and servos. Try DAK Panzer
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I think recoil will work with 6,1, 7.0 and 7.1. Not 100% on this.

Comment

Originally posted by robert1488 View Post
            also,
            the bb firing effect is okay but i'd rather swap it out for a recoiling barrel with muzzle flash. where can i get the part(s)? also, when i'm ready to upgrade can i get some instructions from a fellow tanker?
            There are two types of official HL barrel recoils. The stock barrel recoil is a joke and recoils out of timing with the sound and tracks. The upgraded HL metal servo recoil works well but also requires a 6.1 or 7.1 controller system at a minimum.

Flash is simply adding an LED in the barrel and plugging into the proper port on the MFU. All the HL systems from 6.0-7.1 have the flash port.

There are aftermarket 3D printed recoil system that work but these are not as robust as the HL metal recoil system. The HL is more expensive but it’s a case of buy once cry once.

Comment

Thanks Rubicon. Good to know it's the .1 versions.

Comment

Originally posted by robert1488 View Post
                i know i had some negative posts about the two heng long tanks i had to return. i just couldnt leave it at that and took another chance and bought a camo Abrams and it is running very well. i am very happy. dont know exactly what went wrong with the other two tanks i bought, but everything seems in order on this beauty. only negative is they sent me a 3800 mah battery and it is just too big. thought was nice, but its a hassle to get it in. down graded to a smaller 2800 mah.
                i am considering the German Leopard 7.0 Heng Long for my next purchase. any advice on how it runs? also looking at the sherman and the bulldog. tiger 1 is a must. any advice on which one is best?
                My daughter recently got her Leopard (7.0 version), and she is very happy with it. It's bigger than the Abrams; the hull seems similarly sized, however the main gun is longer, the turret is larger, and the road wheels are bigger along with larger suspension arms. I'll get some size photos later today. Three's a lot of little details on the Leopard that need installing and I'd say even though it doesn't seem like there are a lot of parts, due to the number of tiny parts it will probably take longer to assemble. It's a great tank though. We have the Sherman as well; that's a neat smaller tank for sure, with great detail. The suspension is much stiffer on the Sherman but it has no problem with whatever we have thrown at it! The Sherman has a lot of larger detail parts; my daughter and her 2 cousins had a great time putting that one together.

For batteries, I ordered these from Amazon:

5600mah Li-Ion battery pack. It fits well in the battery compartment but any bigger would be too big for that style of battery. The original batteries from Heng Long that came with the tanks I ordered were not in a plastic case, and thus were small and floated around a lot. This one fits front to back with some wiggle room, and there's room next to it for the plug. I can get photos of how it fits.

I did order the Abrams with recoil and the 360 turret. I should have read more before buying but it's OK. Maybe I can get some video of how that functions today too. The cannon moves before firing, and has the ability to wiggle around more than without recoil. It's not been an issue at all when firing 6mm paintballs 😀 The 360 turret is nice and actually I would recommend that if kids will be operating the tanks.

I'm glad you are giving Heng Long another chance, they seem to put out some good models that don't break the bank. I think my uncle put it well, "if I had this when I was a kid, I would never be inside!"

Clay

Comment

Welcome back to our RC tank hobby. For my M1A2, I cut out the battery compartment from the inside and put my board there. It has plenty of room in the front for my battery whatever the size it may be :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0904A.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	350642

Comment

For the Leopards. I have 2. They both from HL. One is 7.0 and one is 6.0. One has metal running gears (quite heavy and a little slow). One has plastic running gears (except the gearboxes). They both had the same green camouflage color. I repainted the metal one to the yellow-red/brown color. I am about finishing them up for the SD battle on 7/31. They both run great and durable too.

Name:	IMG_0925A.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	350644Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0919.PNG
Views:	270
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	350645

Comment

I am in the process of doing the same to the Sherman. I have magnets on the upper hull and do not want to deal with the battery screw in and out.

Comment

image widget

Comment

working on it

Comment

Stage one. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7247.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	350655

Comment

OK, battery size:

Name:	IMG_0188.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	350664

And comparing the Leopard to the Abrams:

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	350665

Name:	IMG_0191.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	350666

When they are side by side, the Leopard doesn't seem that much bigger, but maybe it's an optical illusion due to the large turret and long cannon on it!

Clay

Comment

that is definitely a good size battery. looks like plenty of room in the battery compartment. mine came with a giant size 3800 mah which leaves no room for the wire without cramming it in. i just got the new batteries from amazon and they are charging. i'm happy with the size. like i said, i'll never worry about running out of power, i just need to show off the tank every so often.
                                as far as the leopard there isn't much to say but DAMN! that sure is sweet. i'm a disabled 51 year old on a fixed income so i cant buy these every month, but i'm really gonna try to purchase my own leopard on the first of the month. gonna look real nice next to my abrams.

Comment

Working...
                                X