Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the paint advice guys. The rain and humidity have been a problem for painting. Now the hurricane throws a wrench. I look forward to some booth time.

Comment

A lot of turning work, but now everything is smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
        I used the Archer transfers on mine... If you use more than one bottle of that paint, you are probably spraying it on way too thick. I used one dropper bottle of the Mig 4BO on mine.
        Roger that. Standard practice for me anyway, is several light coats. These are 30ml bottles, so I'm playing it safe. This paint is incredibly hard to get and shipping cost was more than the paint so I ordered accordingly. This paint does not get thinned down either.

I appreciate the T34 Pic, as one cannot have enough inspiration and ideas-looking good.

About the only thing left for me to track down is a 1/16 Russian Commander. Any thoughts?

Don't you just love the Hakko soldering station's !

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
          Thanks for the paint advice guys. The rain and humidity have been a problem for painting. Now the hurricane throws a wrench. I look forward to some booth time.
          Be safe brother......I know all too well what your facing...all too well actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post

Roger that. Standard practice for me anyway, is several light coats. These are 30ml bottles, so I'm playing it safe. This paint is incredibly hard to get and shipping cost was more than the paint so I ordered accordingly. I appreciate the T34 Pic, as one cannot have enough inspiration and ideas-looking good.

About the only thing left for me to track down is a 1/16 Russian Commander. Any thoughts?

Comment

Careful. That's from a Russian source (*.ru). You may not get them! One Russian eBay supplier I've bought from now refuses to send to the US.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Indeed Bob...I'll be getting from a US supplier for sure.

Comment

Be safe brother......I know all too well what your facing...all too well actually.
                  Thanks brother! Already had a roof leak. Not fun securing a tarp in pouring rain and wind. I just hope we don't lose power. After this passes, I am going to go get some Jack

Comment

These guys are great!!!!

Mission Models Paints Russian Armor WWII Color: Russian WWII 4BO FS 34257 (spraygunner.com)

Comment

Roger that. Standard practice for me anyway, is several light coats. These are 30ml bottles, so I'm playing it safe. This paint is incredibly hard to get and shipping cost was more than the paint so I ordered accordingly. This paint does not get thinned down either.

Oh, I understand ordering in bulk to save shipping and time if things are not available locally. I would've done the same, but I also have A LOT of Russian armor so I can never have too much 4BO. :)

I do love my Hakko soldering station. It heats up in like 30 seconds and the adjustable temp is great. Not sure why I waited so long to buy it.

I've bought from Spraygunner.com before and they were good to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Careful. That's from a Russian source (*.ru). You may not get them! One Russian eBay supplier I've bought from now refuses to send to the US.
                        This is a Chinese seller.

Comment

Comment

I can see why Martin loves this paint. Man does it lay down nice. 4 light coats, 2.5 bottles used. This is one good looking 4B0.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221004_004630.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	358277

Comment

Looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
                                Looks amazing!
                                Thank you my friend.

Comment

Back from my trip to Washington state and it does look really nice.

Comment

I was born in Renton. The Pacific North West is God's country.

Comment

My mother is in Graham. It was a beautiful drive up there. I've now been to all the states west of the Mississippi (except Alaska) as I drove through CO, WY, UT, MT, ID, NM, OR and Washington on this trip.

Comment

Nice. I lived in Littleton Colorado for a year. That was fantastic as well..I love mountrains, hiked a few in my younger days. Here in Texas there are no mountains per say. just bluffs..so it sux big time.

Comment

I used to live in Liberty Hill, TX and now in Elgin, TX. It was a 2100+ mile trip up there and I came home with a truck load of stuff. Trying to help her loosen her load of stuff. My full sized truck load packed to the top of my camper top barely made a dent in all the stuff her recently deceased sig other gathered over the years.

The trip home I went through Montana down to Wyoming so I could stop at that new tank museum in Dubois, WY. It was very nicely setup. I think they had well over 200 military vehicles there to include a Hetzer and a PZ3.

Comment

Working...
                                          X