X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i use my own radio?

I have a heng long t90 soon to arrive. I own a flysky paladin 18ch radio I'd like to use with my tank. What do I need to convert? Thank you.

Originally posted by Woohoo\o/ View Post
    I have a heng long t90 soon to arrive. I own a flysky paladin 18ch radio I'd like to use with my tank. What do I need to convert? Thank you.
    Only the HL radio works with the HL tank control system. To use your transmitter you would have to swap over to an aftermarket tank control system.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Only the HL radio works with the HL tank control system. To use your transmitter you would have to swap over to an aftermarket tank control system.
      Thank you so much. I'll find one :)

Comment

Actually the stock control system is pretty darn good and aside from the TX “look and feel” is often preferred by a lot of tankers these days for causal running and battling needs.

Give it a try stock for a while you might be surprised how much it grows on you or doesn’t.

Comment

Keep in mind when you evaluate, aftermarket boards start at $200ish and up.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Oh wow that's pricey. Yeah I've owned 4 HL tanks and I did like the stock radio for what it was. I was just hoping all I needed was some sort of adapter to install my rx. Thanks for all your input commanders.

Comment

Oh wow that's pricey. Yeah I've owned 4 HL tanks and I did like the stock radio for what it was. I was just hoping all I needed was some sort of adapter to install my rx. Thanks for all your input commanders.
              They've upgraded incrementally and substantially. The old silver antenna'd 27mhz were pretty crude. Now, they've gone through 2.4ghz versions 5.3, 6, 6.1, 7.0 & 7.1. 6 and above are great. Have a look at the features of newer ones:

After trying to read in between the Chinese ideographs on the 6.0 and 7.0 instruction sheets, I’ve taken the time to write out my interpretations. I put the info on my phone notepad so I’d have them handy. You’re welcome to try and cut & paste or otherwise copy them. A real good one in the 7.0 list is K & B, which
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
              X