X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New heng long t90 sound stopped

Hi commanders, I understand not all tanks are perfect but after about 4 runs the audio started making a strange grinding type noise then all audio cut out.

I tried restoring the settings, I unplugged the speaker and checked for any voltage coming from its corresponding plug. Nothing.

I also swapped batteries from another tank. No success. do you guys think motion will warrant the issue? Its 5 days old​

Speaker blew most likely, the 7.0 boards are terrible for that.

Comment

Motion is pretty good so you should ask. But, what are you going to ask for, a speaker?

Comment

I guess. If it's the speaker hopefully they will send a replacement. Or maybe I can get a speaker from a bluetooth speaker box I have here?

Comment

Get a proper replacement. Do your homework and ask for the proper item. They show them under the parts tab for your tank. It’s probably this but double check.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/he...it-hlg6031-002

Comment

My speaker is half that size but I see what you mean. Either way for testing purposes I'm going to salvage one of those speakers from the bluetooth box. Shouldnt I be recieving voltage from the speaker socket on the board?

Comment

Yes AC voltage. But be careful as you can ruin the control box testing. You never said what tank you have.

Comment

Heng long t90 tk7

Comment

This? Says sold out.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/he...it-hlg6031-001

The big HL dealer is Toucan, check them.

Comment

Yes that's the one. Let's see what they tell me. Thank you evan.

Comment

In case..

Henglong 1/16 Scale RC Tank Round Square Plastic Speaker Sound Spare P – TOUCAN RC HOBBY (toucanhobby.com)

Comment

Well I swapped to another speaker and it worked. Not as loud as the original but doable. So arent Their any aftermarket speakers that could replace the stock with better performance?

Comment

Sorry, I don't know.

Comment

Even this replacement speaker is sounding like its giving up lol time to find a quality speaker. No worries evan thank you kindly. I'll be sure to link a good speaker when I find one.

Comment

I bought a decent speaker from these folks:

they are under their electronics drop down menu.

That said, I have very poor hearing and use hearing aids. So, what sounds acceptable to me may not cut it for those with better hearing!

:-)​
                              Attached Files

Comment

I second that! I got some of these Visaton speakers from Kenny at Dakrctank. I am very happy with them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5980.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	357581

Comment

So the stock speaker that came with my heng long t90 is a 4 ohm 3w 2 inch speaker.

The speaker that I removed from a bluetooth speaker box was a 2 ohm 3w. the result was a lower weaker sound not to mention the speaker blew. LOL

so i ordered these on amazon. The t90 is very limited on space inside the tub due to its low profile design.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Woohoo\o/ View Post
                                    So the stock speaker that came with my heng long t90 is a 4 ohm 3w 2 inch speaker.

The speaker that I removed from a bluetooth speaker box was a 2 ohm 3w. the result was a lower weaker sound not to mention the speaker blew. LOL

so i ordered these on amazon. The t90 is very limited on space inside the tub due to its low profile design.

How well did those speakers work that you got from Amazon? Did you use both of them wired in series or parallel or just one?

Comment

Well I ordered and installed the two MakerHawk 4 ohm 3watt speakers I got through Amazon in my T90 with the TK-7.0 board. I trimmed off the two mounting tabs on each one, hot glued them together, wired them in series and hot glued them in place at the rear. They are louder on full volume than the OEM speaker that came with the tank. The low profile of the speakers was excellent for clearing the wiring harness & turret rotation. I'll keep you all informed how they hold up under constant full volume applied.
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	1219221125.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.4 KB ID:	364511
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	1219221250.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.5 KB ID:	364512

Comment

Working...
                                      X