Views:	182
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	359735Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6214.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	359736

Comment

Looks like a good time was had by all. You guys have something there that we need in TX...it's called shade... :)

Comment

Thank you! I took me a few days driving around and walking around to many parks seeking for a battlefield that fitted my intention. Those trees provided good shades and additional hiding spots for tanks too.

Comment

Additional pictures from another tanker....

Click image for larger version

Name:	312812511_1787338668294380_4290979985215848327_n.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	359784Click image for larger version

Name:	312843068_1787338641627716_4658260462400963994_n.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	383.3 KB
ID:	359785

Comment

Here is the view from the Allies team looking at the side of the Axis team including the curiosity of the people at the park. It was quite simple and fun for all new players. I set up the battles as German against Allies the entire day. New players simply just needed to know that green tanks with red or white stars are on one side. Tanks with crosses and others colors are on the other side. Therefore we did not get much confusions and not many friendly fires. When we finished, one of the teenagers asked me I planned to do this again next week, lol.

Name:	312812922_1787338778294369_1411728709958991271_n.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	381.0 KB
ID:	359787

Comment

Looks great David.
                        did all the leaves give the tanks any problem? I think I would have taken a rake and cleaned them up.
                        RC tank parts and accessories I make
                        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Actually the the leaves were very dried so they did not cause any problem. At the beginning, I asked my friend to rake them out of the field, but instead, he had a great idea; He raked them into a bunches of the 2 foot wide/1 foot tall pyramids for the tanks to hide...

Name:	IMG_6159.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	359879

Comment

Later in the afternoon, he tested out by raking those leaves into a long barrier. It was quite fun having our tanks charging over this low obstacle. So, I told him that next time we will have more of the leaves barriers across our battlefield.

Name:	IMG_6220A.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	359882Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6219A.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	359883

Comment

My friend used his drone to video my event. Here is the clip from him. The first part was quite boring. Just watch the clip starting at 3:30 mark :-)

Comment

Cool. I have wanted someone to come drone film our events for years. I did have a GoPro tank several years ago but it was not a battle tank so no one wanted to drive it.
                                A drone really is a good way to go.
                                RC tank parts and accessories I make
                                www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                                  Cool. I have wanted someone to come drone film our events for years. I did have a GoPro tank several years ago but it was not a battle tank so no one wanted to drive it.
                                  A drone really is a good way to go.
                                  Rich, Im on my way..........

Name:	20211216_094349.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	359990

Comment

A couple things; first, I brought a GoPro tank to two events, it was basically ignored. It's been repurposed to be the IDF Sherman. Second, I have a 9 year old Phantom 2 drone (Stone Age in drone years). I flew it today, thinking about battle recording. It's sorta difficult to get it close enough to a tank for a good shot. The camera has a wide angle lens so things get real small when they're even a little ways away, and with mine, the landing gear and motor arms show up in the picture sometimes. ​ ZS, I imagine your drones would be much better in this application!
                                    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                      A couple things; first, I brought a GoPro tank to two events, it was basically ignored. It's been repurposed to be the IDF Sherman. Second, I have a 9 year old Phantom 2 drone (Stone Age in drone years). I flew it today, thinking about battle recording. It's sorta difficult to get it close enough to a tank for a good shot. The camera has a wide angle lens so things get real small when they're even a little ways away, and with mine, the landing gear and motor arms show up in the picture sometimes. ​ ZS, I imagine your drones would be much better in this application!
                                      Bob, I have been meaning to set up a close flyover on my tanks. These 2 are perfect for that as they have all sorts of settings to use (without boring you to death) and what not. Both of these are registered with the FAA (the mini technically doesnt have to because its under 250g and Im not flying under part 107). With that said, flying over people can get dicey if the wrong person is watching and wants to cry about it. Some states, not sure about Cali, can be a real pain and cause allot of grief for flyers. It would be awesome to film a battle-no doubt about it. The battle of course cannot be close to restricted airspace, such as near an airport or God forbid, a military instillation. Rules have gotten really strict in recent years. Flying over RC tanks should be a non issue of course.

Some time last year?, I was into tanks really heavy, then dropped off the map for a long time. Thats because I got into Drones..then that kinda faded away, and now Im back heavy into tanks again. I want to merge the 2 hobbies for sure. Now that the weather has gotten somewhat tollerable, I'll get into flying again-Its allot of fun.

I watched your vid (Im a subscriber) and it was most enjoyable. I can appreciate the time it takes to set up your camera's, get the shot, then set them up again, get another shot, so forth and so on. Thats a hellava lot of work, not to mention editing the footage. Well done sir. I have a DJI Osmo, and have yet to figure how to mount it to my tanks-any advice would be outstanding. First person footage from a commanders point of view is super killer-love it. Sure beats those cheesy FPV cam's, altough I do have a few of those as well.

I wanted to ask you about the squeeking tracks. That totalty blew me away. What board are your running? Did you edit a soundtrack in? Cause' that aint no stock board, thats for sure.

Great job sir.

Comment

I've started another thread to continue our video conversation, to return this one to David:

(This topic is to continue one that got to hijacking another thread.) From Zippersnapper: "Bob, I have been meaning to set up a close flyover on my tanks. These 2 are perfect for that as they have all sorts of settings to use (without boring you to death) and what not. Both of these are registered with the FAA (the mini
                                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                                        X