Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKLM has posted the Starship turret on his website. There are two versions, one for his Okmo M60 and one for the Tongde tank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	qq20230321145008_1679490193629.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	374430

Click image for larger version  Name:	qq20230321144842_1679490193459.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	374429
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
      DKLM has posted the Starship turret on his website. There are two versions, one for his Okmo M60 and one for the Tongde tank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	qq20230321145008_1679490193629.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	374430

Click image for larger version Name:	qq20230321144842_1679490193459.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	374429
      Just placed an order this morning for the full option version. Shipping is expensive at $102 but it is via air.

Comment

It would be great if DKLMRC offered the [OKMO] M60A2 Starship turret w/chassis Highres upgrade​ on a M60A3 Patton Tongde RTR RC tank chassis instead of having to purchase each separately. Could only ask 🤔

Comment

You could buy his okmo m60a2 at 980 and build it yourself.
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
            You could buy his okmo m60a2 at 980 and build it yourself.
            Sure thing, if you put up cash! 🤑

Comment

I think this is the coolbanks guy Hui Xiang's facebook page www.facebook.com/hui.xiang.319
              He 3D printed a ton of stuff. I especially like his Half track SDKFZ 251 He sells them on ebay.
              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Just placed an order this morning for the full option version. Shipping is expensive at $102 but it is via air.
                I didn't have any interest in this tank until the Starship turret with detail kit was released. I ordered one with full metal upgrades and the full detail kit. I Emailed Carson and asked if I could get it with the older T97E2 chevron track and the reinforced road wheels instead of the plain wheels and T-142 oval pad track. He said that was doable and that he would make it an option on the website so that's what I ordered. In my limited searches on the net for pics of the Starship, most of them have the older T-97E2 chevron track and reinforced wheels.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post

I didn't have any interest in this tank until the Starship turret with detail kit was released. I ordered one with full metal upgrades and the full detail kit. I Emailed Carson and asked if I could get it with the older T97E2 chevron track and the reinforced road wheels instead of the plain wheels and T-142 oval pad track. He said that was doable and that he would make it an option on the website so that's what I ordered. In my limited searches on the net for pics of the Starship, most of them have the older T-97E2 chevron track and reinforced wheels.

Derek
                  I have the complete correct dual pin T97 chevrons tracks already 3D designed in the form of T84 tracks(current being run on one of my Tamiya Pershings) that can be visually and sized tweaked accordingly once I get my hands on a TD sprocket which I need to set the spacing between link ends. I don't care for the all metal T series chevron tracks once the metal on the chevrons start to show. With tracks printed in black "tough" engineering resin coupled with steel track pins they look good, are tough and work reliably.

Since I drive my tanks in really dusty environments details such as the wheel "braces" will just not stand out much after a short time. All the details seems to get covered in layers of dust and dirt rather quickly.

The A2 should be an interesting project tank. The basic "all plastic" TD M60 has seemed to perform well at our battle days (not mine but a member here). So I am looking forward to seeing how well the "metal" version will do.

Comment

My tank with metal upgrades should be here in less than a week, but the Starship turret won't arrive till late April or early May... 😞 I should be able to snap some pics of the gearboxes and metal parts when it arrives.

Derek

Comment

My tank with metal upgrades should be here in less than a week, but the Starship turret won't arrive till late April or early May... 😞 I should be able to snap some pics of the gearboxes and metal parts when it arrives.

Derek
                      I broke down and purchased a metal version along with a bunch of spare metal parts, it all arrives in a few days as well. I am going to tear it down to the "nuts & bolts" in a "show and tell thread". Also going to beat the **** out of it on my test course. I look forward to your insight gained from your as well so we (as a hobby) can really start learning the ins and outs these TD tanks.

Hopefully any and all "bugs" can be found and fixed before the A2 turret arrives sometime in April. Yes probability is more like May knowing DKLM. Having seen SoCalBobs all plastic M60 in action which I feel was on par functioning wise with the HL modern plastic tank offering, I have high hope for the metal versions will be a decently rugged and reliable tank🤞🤞🤞.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

I broke down and purchased a metal version along with a bunch of spare metal parts, it all arrives in a few days as well. I am going to tear it down to the "nuts & bolts" in a "show and tell thread". Also going to beat the **** out of it on my test course. I look forward to your insight gained from your as well so we (as a hobby) can really start learning the ins and outs these TD tanks.

Hopefully any and all "bugs" can be found and fixed before the A2 turret arrives sometime in April. Yes probability is more like May knowing DKLM. Having seen SoCalBobs all plastic M60 in action which I feel was on par functioning wise with the HL modern plastic tank offering, I have high hope for the metal versions will be a decently rugged and reliable tank🤞🤞🤞.
                        I am greatly looking forward to this. I hope you get it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

I am greatly looking forward to this. I hope you get it soon.
                          Something should be posted by mid week.

Comment

When you get it, I'll be interested in your opinion regarding the strength of the idler connection to the hull. That's been a problem in some HL tanks, like the T-72 & 90. Not on mine so far, but your torturing will stress test it.
                            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                              When you get it, I'll be interested in your opinion regarding the strength of the idler connection to the hull. That's been a problem in some HL tanks, like the T-72 & 90. Not on mine so far, but your torturing will stress test it.
                              Any weakness I usually can find rather quickly once I start driving the test course and will promptly look for a easy way to address them. Deciding what baseline of all around performance (similar tanks) to judge the M60 against I am still pondering, but most likely it will be the Pershing and Bulldog.

Comment

How can you use multiple heng long tanks at once? Do you need to purchase separate radio chips?

Comment

Originally posted by Keithwoodski View Post
                                  How can you use multiple heng long tanks at once? Do you need to purchase separate radio chips?
                                  Who said anything about running multiple tanks at once in this thread?

But to answer your question you can run a fair number of tanks at the same time because each is bound to its own transmitter.

Comment

He's brand new so he's just dropping his questions in any thread he sees.

Comment

He's brand new so he's just dropping his questions in any thread he sees.
                                      I know. Just don't want to see this thread go off on an unrelated tangent.

Comment

Sorry

Comment

Well my metal upgraded one arrived today, but I had to go to work before even opening the box. I'll get it unboxed tonight. Hopefully it isn't damaged as the box looked pretty good.

Derek

Comment

Working...
                                          X