Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irvine RC Tank Club

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irvine RC Tank Club

Since I live in OC southern California, I have decided to join the Irvine RC Tank Club. At this time, I would like to share what we are working on to attract members.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221203C WITH FB.png
Views:	1503
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	361087

Name:	20221203 FLIER.png
Views:	1351
Size:	505.6 KB
ID:	361088

Fantastic marketing David. You are really going to open up the hobby to a bunch of new people.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

And this it the design so far of the front and back of our little business card....

Comment

The fliers will be dropped off at the local libraries, senior centers, boy scouts meetings, and hobby shops.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
          Since I live in OC southern California, I have decided to join the Irvine RC Tank Club. At this time, I would like to share what we are working on to attract members.

Name:	20221203C WITH FB.png
Views:	1503
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	361087

Name:	20221203 FLIER.png
Views:	1351
Size:	505.6 KB
ID:	361088
          Looks like a good start 👍👍👏👏

Comment

Too many groups splinter our hobby people.
            I started the San Diego group because the SoCal Area Tankers had disappeared and before I learned about LA Tank and then relocated it to provide a larger battlefield area to maneuver and battle in rather than the small city scape that LA Tank provides us.
            Since Covid happened we have had many people not return but also picked up some new tankers as well.
            I know the drive down from the LA area is a drag because I make the drive up to LA Tank so I know what the traffic is like.
            I continue the San Diego group so we can offer a different style of tank battle for our hobby but I fear another club holding events in the same Socal area will decrease draw farther down here to San Diego. We had a member coming here who started up the Irvine group since he lived there and I discussed that possibility with him.
            I fear too many events held around in a month can overwhelm and effect all of them as people will choose which ones they want to go to and then attendance is less at all of them.
            Just my thoughts about it. And Im not asking you not to continue your Irvine or OC club as more exposure will bring more people into the hobby. I just think now with another local holding official events we may need to coordinate so we can avoid conflict.
            What are your thoughts?
            RC tank parts and accessories I make
            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I think the die hards will go to all the events. I personally don't have much time and live really close to LA Tanks so I will always try and make LA Tank events. I do plan on eventually going to San Diego and Irvine. I think the more clubs the better. Everyone can venture out once and awhile and that will be make for interesting play.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                Too many groups splinter our hobby people.
                I started the San Diego group because the SoCal Area Tankers had disappeared and before I learned about LA Tank and then relocated it to provide a larger battlefield area to maneuver and battle in rather than the small city scape that LA Tank provides us.
                Since Covid happened we have had many people not return but also picked up some new tankers as well.
                I know the drive down from the LA area is a drag because I make the drive up to LA Tank so I know what the traffic is like.
                I continue the San Diego group so we can offer a different style of tank battle for our hobby but I fear another club holding events in the same Socal area will decrease draw farther down here to San Diego. We had a member coming here who started up the Irvine group since he lived there and I discussed that possibility with him.
                I fear too many events held around in a month can overwhelm and effect all of them as people will choose which ones they want to go to and then attendance is less at all of them.
                Just my thoughts about it. And Im not asking you not to continue your Irvine or OC club as more exposure will bring more people into the hobby. I just think now with another local holding official events we may need to coordinate so we can avoid conflict.
                What are your thoughts?
                For me LA, SD, OC and PHX are all VERY long drives coming from the 60/10 frwy area of SoCal. I have many times considered having battles at my house which has a third of a acre of open mostly flat dirt backyard, privacy and plenty of parking both street and on site.

Why I haven’t formed a IE club or put on special events is simply because I am aware of the drive most people would have to make. Plus the effort to put on a great event and develop an exceptional battlefield is rather taxing when there is no guarantee that enough people will be willing to make the drive out on a routine basis.

I think having a new SoCal club in the OC is great and will serve the area well. But for me like others I will have to weigh which club event(s) provide the most bang for the buck in style of battles, drive time and gas.

Comment

We are all in Southern California. The drive to each battlefield is still quite far for some people. I tried to persuade and few of my friends from OC to go to El Monte for battling and they would not go. I set this event for the purpose of drawing more members around my location in OC only. Those new potential members might get into the hobby and might attend the other 2 events in LA and SD.

So to solve this issue, for 2023, all 3 clubs can list up their events' dates and there will be no conflict. Since LA and SD had established their clubs first, both clubs can list up their battle dates and Irvine Club will pick 1 of the remaining 2 weekends of the month.

Please provide your ideas and inputs to help keep the hobby going all around southern Cal :-)

Comment

Coordinating calendars like you mentioned David is how all the Yacht Clubs in So Cal do it. If there are conflicts, the older club gets precedence.

Comment

Here are the 10 French/American tanks that I have available for the guests to play at the event setting up by the Irvine Tank Club:

Name:	IMG_6252.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	361677Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6250.jpg
Views:	1177
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	361678Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6254.jpg
Views:	1191
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	361679

Comment

Name:	IMG_6256.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	361699Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6255.jpg
Views:	1210
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	361700

Comment

Name:	IMG_6258.jpg
Views:	1222
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	361702Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6257.jpg
Views:	1218
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	361703

Comment

Name:	IMG_6259.jpg
Views:	1206
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	361705Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6260.jpg
Views:	1223
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	361706

Comment

Name:	IMG_6265.jpg
Views:	1214
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	361708Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6264.jpg
Views:	1224
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	361709

Comment

Name:	IMG_6268.jpg
Views:	1206
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	361711Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6266.jpg
Views:	1225
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	361712

Comment

Latest work on promoting the 12/3 event...

Name:	20221203E.png
Views:	1275
Size:	868.9 KB
ID:	361794

Comment

The tank battle on 12/3 will be between the Western Allies against the Russian Eastern Allies. Here are my 10 tanks of the Eastern side that my guests will be able to play with. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6271A.jpg
Views:	1130
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	362118Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6280A.jpg
Views:	1100
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	362119Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6277A.jpg
Views:	1141
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	362120

Comment

Closed up looks of those 10 tanks.... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6284.jpg
Views:	1171
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	362162Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6283.jpg
Views:	1156
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	362163

Comment

Name:	IMG_6286.jpg
Views:	1158