Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To make this more simple, I need to know which stabilizer will work with 7.1 TCU. The guy at Heng Long says it will not work with the 7.1 system. He told me I need to buy the TK-26 system or the TK-16. However in the instruction manual it says that a gyro stabilization system will plug in to the 7.1 board. The link below he says it only work with the TK-16. I fear something has been lost in translation and I was just wondering if anybody else had been down this road. Especially seeing the video that I posted in my initial question where the guy says that tank is being run off the 7.1 board.

VR

Comment

Originally posted by Vintage Racer View Post

I'm not sure if you watched the video that I had posted a link to. It basically mimics the actual gun stabilization on the real Abrams and the Leopard 2. This has absolutely nothing to do with shooting BB's.

VR
      The real Abrams needs gyro stabilization of the gun because it fights on rough battlefield. The tank bunces up and down making gun aiming difficult. In old days, the tank stops when it shoots its gun. Abrams is the first tank that can shoot on the run due to the gyro gun stabilization. The German Leopard 2 incorporates the same feature too.

In the video you link, the RC tank was running on an indoor smooth hardwood surface. It has no need for rough ground stabilization. In the early part of the video, the gun shows excessive upswing when firing. It is a poor representation of the barrel recoil. (Namely, it was a handgun recoil, not a heavy field gun recoil.) That excessive recoil was turned off in later part of the video. I did not see any gyro stabilization of the gun in the video.

I am not sure if it is possible to implement gyro stabilization of the gun in an 1:16 scale RC tank. The 3D gyro on the real Abrams is a very complex mechanism. Yes, it allows modern tank to shoot while running on rough battlefield. Not needed in smooth indoor wood floor.

Comment

The only successful Gun Barrel Stabilization I've seen has been with aftermarket boards, such as Clark and it seemed to work very well. Might want to talk to Stanlley Tai from RC Tank Legion (Malaysia) or Kenny Gaddis from DAK RC Tanks (USA) or Stian Sollie (Norway) all are Clark dealers. The first two have websites and all 3 can be found on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by HDMM View Post
          The only successful Gun Barrel Stabilization I've seen has been with aftermarket boards, such as Clark and it seemed to work very well. Might want to talk to Stanlley Tai from RC Tank Legion (Malaysia) or Kenny Gaddis from DAK RC Tanks (USA) or Stian Sollie (Norway) all are Clark dealers. The first two have websites and all 3 can be found on FB.
          Thanks for some USEFULL information. I have looked at Clark USA, but they ALWAYS seem out of stock on the US Website. I will do more research.

VR

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

The real Abrams needs gyro stabilization of the gun because it fights on rough battlefield. The tank bunces up and down making gun aiming difficult. In old days, the tank stops when it shoots its gun. Abrams is the first tank that can shoot on the run due to the gyro gun stabilization. The German Leopard 2 incorporates the same feature too.

In the video you link, the RC tank was running on an indoor smooth hardwood surface. It has no need for rough ground stabilization. In the early part of the video, the gun shows excessive upswing when firing. It is a poor representation of the barrel recoil. (Namely, it was a handgun recoil, not a heavy field gun recoil.) That excessive recoil was turned off in later part of the video. I did not see any gyro stabilization of the gun in the video.

I am not sure if it is possible to implement gyro stabilization of the gun in an 1:16 scale RC tank. The 3D gyro on the real Abrams is a very complex mechanism. Yes, it allows modern tank to shoot while running on rough battlefield. Not needed in smooth indoor wood floor.
            Can some one explain to me how gyro stabilization of the gun work on a small, light weight RC tank? What kind of gyro does it use? Anyone get an video of a Heng Long tank with gyro stabilization of the gun running on rough terrain?

Comment

Gun stabilization was developed to an extent late WW2. It wasn't being used to shoot on the move, but it's primary function was to keep the barrel level during travel. That in turn aided with getting the barrel on target faster when the vehicle stopped to shoot. Those that haven't actually ridden or driven a tank wouldn't see the affect of terrain on the turret and/or gun during tank movement. For pre-modern tanks, if the turret or gun has not had a physical lock engaged it will swing while the tank moves as the shear tonnage of the turret will overcome most hydraulic or electric motors used for aiming. More sophisticated stabilization which allowed firing on the move occurred in the late 1940 and early 1950s.

On a modern tank, gun stabilization keeps the gun pointed in one direction both horizontally and vertically regardless of what terrain the tank is crossing. Basically the gun is locked on a target and maintains that lock until the gun is fired or the crew release the target lock in the computer.

Here's how it works on a small scale tank:

Comment

This looks more like gun leveling to me. I have seen the gun stabalization on a real Abrams. It is much more sophisticate. Thank you for taking the time to explain what Heng Long did.

Due to large mass of the heavy tank, doing gun stabalization is not easy. It allows Abrams to shoot the gun while in motion. It gives it huge advantage over earlier tanks. Now, every modern tank has it.

Comment

That's about as sophisticated as it's going to get for a model tank. Judging by the aftermarket transmitter, I'd say that not heng long electronics in there. The Clark stuff is fully adjustable as well. Out of the leads I posted for your earlier, I'd probably check with Stanlley, I believe he has a lot more experience with the GBS as they refer to it. He does a lot of modern tanks and custom builds

Comment

This is the TK-16 board and stabilizer system in action...

I am going with the WH Simulation Sound Group Main Board TKSZ-16S Multi Function Control Unit, as Clark products just seem to be so good you can't find them. Sold out everywhere! I will also balance the main gun assembly, which is a good idea, no matter if you have this system or not, as it just travels better, and appears more realistic.

I have watched and read WAY to many videos/articles about this mod for some time to come!

VR

Comment

Working...
                    X