X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian T-90 Upgrade parts, instructions and videos

Can anyone provide url links for detailed instructions and videos for installing/wiring red eye units, extra led lighting, upper machine gun flashing led, recoiling barrel assembly, Etc.
    Need url links to purchase those parts for upgrading my tank. Also would need the exact part numbers to purchase the correct parts.

Google is your friend.

Comment

here this video shows how to make your own using what comes with the tank but, if you buy the red eye kits you can use it to see where you need to drill.

for wiring them in not too sure about where you "should" plug them in but, you "could" splice them into the headlights.

last here is the red eye kit from toucan

Item Condition: Brand: Henglong Item Condition: New Material: Plastic Suitable For: 1/16 Henglong 3938 T-90 or 3939 T72 RC Tank, DIY Models The Package include: The package option is selected by yourself. If you have any query or are not sure whether it is correct item that you want, pls feel free to ask me before purc

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
        Google is your friend.
        I have googled my ass off trying to find anyone that can give or has simple instructions or videos of where and how to wire the red eyes into the 7.0 electric board and program the transmitter to independently control them. It seems no one wishes to help a newbie into the RC world of tanks.
        It's such a simple question to have an answer to.

Comment

I’m sure they are doing it on purpose… eventually someone will know and answer. If the right voltage you could run it off the Wi-Fi plug since you can switch it on and off from the TX.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            I’m sure they are doing it on purpose… eventually someone will know and answer. If the right voltage you could run it off the Wi-Fi plug since you can switch it on and off from the TX.
            Yeah, they want to keep all this information on a "need to know" basis to keep it top secret.
            Also, I forgot to ask, whom has a lead as to where to purchase connector ends and terminals to plug into the latest 7.0 and 7.1 electronic boards?

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post

I have googled my ass off trying to find anyone that can give or has simple instructions or videos of where and how to wire the red eyes into the 7.0 electric board and program the transmitter to independently control them. It seems no one wishes to help a newbie into the RC world of tanks.
              It's such a simple question to have an answer to.
              Plug them into the WiFi circuit. That way you can turn them on and off at will.

I think your demanding people respond to you and complaining that they don’t immediately answer you may have turned them off.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Cmdrcody, they’re easy to find on eBay and Amazon.

First you complain that people are keeping secrets, then you ask a question from the same folks. Sorta negative, don’t you think?

Comment

Yes, I bought the connectors with pig tails on Amazon and Ebay.

Comment

The list of things you need help with is lengthy to say the least, not to mention you want URL's & part numbers for everything on your list. My God man at least take some initiative and read some posts. Yea I know its allot to take in but most of the things you want to know have been answered here already, or at RC Tank Warfare or RC Universe.

Heres one for you: All the plugs on Henglong boards are JST XH 2.5-2 Pin. They can be found cheap on eBay & Amazon

The LED ports are called "Dupont" and they are 2 pin as well. once again,. ebay or Amazon.

As far as the Red eye goes-Yes the WiFi port will work. So will port LED2 (aiming light) which is activated by pressing the BB shoot button, upper right hand of the remote.

I wil add one more thing when it comes to the JST ports. You will find out soon enough the Chinese dont understand that Black means negative and Red means positive. Pay attention to that especially when it comes to the LED's.

Comment

First, I want to thank everyone for putting up with my posts and replying with what ever information they may provide me with getting further educated with this new RC tank hobby I've got myself into. There are so many questions, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, on these HengLong RC tank electronics. But, I need to ask these questions before and get accurate information back from you all before I do something incorrectly and fry-up something. And I'll tell you, I've spent many many hours searching the web before even purchasing my HL T-90 Upgraded tank and many more after receiving it. There just isn't anyone that I've found so far that sits down and does a info or video for a newbie person needing very detailed correct installation and wiring instructions. It just gets very frustrating after spending hours searching and finding nothing that helps.
                      Okay, I think I may have vented enough for now. Again, I'm sorry about complaining, demanding or doing anything else to offend anyone.

Comment

If you are into doing videos (I'm not) this may be an opportunity for you to help the next person.

Comment

The list of things you need help with is lengthy to say the least, not to mention you want URL's & part numbers for everything on your list. My God man at least take some initiative and read some posts. Yea I know its allot to take in but most of the things you want to know have been answered here already, or at RC Tank Warfare or RC Universe.

Heres one for you: All the plugs on Henglong boards are JST XH 2.5-2 Pin. They can be found cheap on eBay & Amazon

The LED ports are called "Dupont" and they are 2 pin as well. once again,. ebay or Amazon.

As far as the Red eye goes-Yes the WiFi port will work. So will port LED2 (aiming light) which is activated by pressing the BB shoot button, upper right hand of the remote.

I wil add one more thing when it comes to the JST ports. You will find out soon enough the Chinese dont understand that Black means negative and Red means positive. Pay attention to that especially when it comes to the LED's.
                          Thank you for your info. Just order a combo Dupont/JST-XH connector/terminal kit w/crimper from Amazon.

Well, another thing that is crimping my searching is that I absolutely will never do anything with facebook, twitter, blogging or any social networking. I don't believe in them because it's way to easy for your personal information to get out of your control. I'll only stick with forums that are secure.

Comment

Wire your JST's like this and you wont go wrong.... Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_010233.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	363491

Comment

CC, thanks for the reply. We're all mutual hobbyists here, learning from each other, hence my "advanced stumbler" motto. If you can't find comprehensive info on specific topics, it may be because nobody else has done it! Manufacturers are in China mostly, and language barriers complicate things. Your project sounds ambitious, especially if Heng Long r/c tanks or LED electronics are new to you. I'd start by finding and copying a HL 7.0 voltage and circuit chart online.

One tip: Evan Designs online sells LEDs for the hobbyists, primarily model railroading, but those are good for extra lighting.

Comment

Wire your JST's like this and you wont go wrong.... Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_010233.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	363491
                                So, I see you've upgraded to the TK 7.1 electronic board. My T-90 came with the TK 7.0 board. How many more accessories can you run off that board?

Comment

Added supprt for multiple Machine gun LED's, Servo support with servo reversing, and a few others that I havnt dived into. I dont do IR battle, so Im not interested in that aspect. Higher amperage capapbilty as well as support for the the high end transmissions.

The TK 7.1 MFU comes with only 2 sound packs like the 7.0's. A T90/Tiger and a Leopard/Abrams. The latter is turbine sounds which of course is for modern battle tanks. Interesting enough the T90/Tiger board comes with port CN2 intact, while the other does not. For me as a smoker enthusiast, this port is important (topic for another discussion).

Your manual that came with your tank will list the support for the 7.0/7.1

Click image for larger version  Name:	TK 7.0_ 105 Howitzer Sherman.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.5 KB ID:	363497

Comment

Added supprt for multiple Machine gun LED's, Servo support with servo reversing, and a few others that I havnt dived into. I dont do IR battle, so Im not interested in that aspect. Higher amperage capapbilty as well as support for the the high end transmissions.

The TK 7.1 MFU comes with only 2 sound packs like the 7.0's. A T90/Tiger and a Leopard/Abrams. The latter is turbine sounds which of course is for modern battle tanks. Interesting enough the T90/Tiger board comes with port CN2 intact, while the other does not. For me as a smoker enthusiast, this port is important (topic for another discussion).

Your manual that came with your tank will list the support for the 7.0/7.1
                                    Yes it did have that attachment. I was surprised in a way that the instruction manual that came with my T90 was V:6.0 and not upgraded in itself for the newer 7.0/7.1 versions. All I can say is that the Chinese need to improve on the language translations to English. It's rather piss poor and very confusing at times.

Comment

Yes it did have that attachment. I was surprised in a way that the instruction manual that came with my T90 was V:6.0 and not upgraded in itself for the newer 7.0/7.1 versions. All I can say is that the Chinese need to improve on the language translations to English. It's rather piss poor and very confusing at times.
                                      Or you could learn Chinese...

Comment

Strange, and yes :

"All I can say is that the Chinese need to improve on the language translations to English. It's rather piss poor and very confusing at times."

Welcome to the world of RC Tanks.....your just beginning to scratch the surface.

I dont know diddly crap compaired to most of the folks here...stick around.....and read the posts...Its worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X