X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlySky transmitter question?

I got my FlySky Tx from Kenny DAKRC. I installed the Clark's board in my tank. The VrA and VrB was assigned to the 2 MGs and canon fire. Everything ran well. The problem I bumped into was that the two rollers VrA and VrB. They did not return to their centers and the MG/canon features kept firing. Does any member knows how to correct this? I did the check in the menu screen I saw that the bar just went to one side and stayed there after I let go of the roller. Once I turned the roller to the opposite direction, the bar stayed at the opposite direction and did not center itself. This happened to both side of the Variant rollers at the top corners. Thank you!

Need to install centering spring. Is it FS-i6S? https://www.flysky-cn.com/s/FS-i6S-U...00628-al4y.pdf

Comment

Sclui56, that is a different spring. The VRA and VRB should spring back from the factory. You have them set up as channels 9 and 10 correct? They are also supposed to spring back in both directions. I have like 4 of these radios and all of them spring back right out of the box.

Comment

Yes, they are for channel 9 and 10. Both rollers spring back to their center positions the moment I let go of my thumbs. But the signal still sent to the tank so the MG sounds kept on firing. It seems to me that the sensors in there are sensitive. I had to tab the rollers a few times to let itself centralized inside. But it doesn’t work often.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
          Yes, they are for channel 9 and 10. Both rollers spring back to their center positions the moment I let go of my thumbs. But the signal still sent to the tank so the MG sounds kept on firing. It seems to me that the sensors in there are sensitive. I had to tab the rollers a few times to let itself centralized inside. But it doesn’t work often.
          I have had a similar experience. I used one of those to direct control a servo for a remote controlled mg on the turret of my challenger 2. It was so sensitive that just walking around with the transmitter caused random signals to be sent to the servo. It worked out fine, since it made the mg act as though someone inside the turret was using it to scan around the tank. Because it was true random input it looked better than having a repeating program doing it. Serendipity, as I had only planned to have it move when I used the assigned roller.
          I can see that having it constantly firing would be annoying though.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
            Sclui56, that is a different spring. The VRA and VRB should spring back from the factory. You have them set up as channels 9 and 10 correct? They are also supposed to spring back in both directions. I have like 4 of these radios and all of them spring back right out of the box.
            Tank, yes, factory setup does have the springs in place, I misunderstood David's problem, It wasn't HW but sounds like SW.

Comment

The bars of the signals on both channels remained on instead of returning to the mid-lines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6921A.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	364690

Comment

That is a strange one. I've never had mine do that. I wonder if a factory reset of the TX and a reconfig of the TX would fix it?

Comment

I did it. A friend from FB told me to reset the Tx to "Factory Reset". Then I assigned the functions to each channel again. The signals from the VrA and VrB returned to the middle as they supposed to be. Let the fun continues :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                    I did it. A friend from FB told me to reset the Tx to "Factory Reset". Then I assigned the functions to each channel again. The signals from the VrA and VrB returned to the middle as they supposed to be. Let the fun continues :-)
                    I've learned in my IT career that sometimes a factory reset is your friend even though it's a PITA sometimes. I know you got it working, but you can also check the Flysky site to see if there is a firmware update available. Could've been a known bug already corrected.

Comment

Working...
                    X