X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATO TIGEr 1 HELP NEEDED

I received a Mato Tiger 1 from the wife for Christmas. While it and the packaging appear to be new there are a couple of things that make me wonder.

If some of you guys could help me out with the 2 things I have identified below I would greatly appreciate it.

1. The turret seems to have way too much slop. It can be lifted up about an 1/8" and is generally loose, like there is a spacer missing. Is everyone else's turret sloppy?

2. I lifted the top up about an inch or so to look inside and make sure the wires going to the turret would allow me to lift it up far enough to plug in the battery. It was already plugged in...ok, odd, but no problem. But the some of the turret functions didn't work. Closer inspection reveals 5 wires pulled out of thier splice. Even closer inspection confirms that the splices were not done correctly and resulted in cold joint solder connections. Would someone mind taking a picture of thier wiring harness so I can repair this properly as the wire colors change at that slice. Also, there is a red and black wired 2 pin connector that I cant find where it goes.SEE PICTURE

I am hoping to get these issues resolved. get it painted and attend the next SOCAL meet.

Thanx,
    Chuck

EZ. Congrats on Mato. I have the Tiger and it's a favorite. However, Mato is a brand you either love or hate. There are a few of us here that have Mato so I imagine they will chime in with more help. I opened mine and took a few pics. Not sure if they are much help. I do not have a wiring diagram and have contacted Mato for one. Their customer support reminds me of an ex that only talks to you when they want your money. I generally use youtube in particular Stanlley at RC Legion. He is a great guy and rc enthusiast. Good luck and keep us posted. Click image for larger version  Name:	image_67211777.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	365230Click image for larger version  Name:	image_67228161.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	365231

Comment

MATO uses Clark TK22 MFU's, and the wiring schematic for those boards are all over the internet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	364c797cad788e932dca78c18de2bdcc.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	365238

Comment

Yo Zip. Thank you, sir!

Comment

Working...
        X