X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke problems with new M1A1

Smoke worked fine on first start up but after first drive it stopped added oil probably too much now smoke does not work at all .What should I do?

Originally posted by megawatt40 View Post
    Smoke worked fine on first start up but after first drive it stopped added oil probably too much now smoke does not work at all .What should I do?
    1. Remove smoke tank, open it up (4 tiny phillips screws) empty out oil so only the cotton remains wet.2. Clear the tubes leading from exhaust pipe to heater tank.with Qtips. 3. Re-aasemble.

Comment

When I have smoke problems I just blow down one of the smoke tubes, don't need to open anything just stick in a straw or the little tube the give you for adding smoke and blow. 99% of the time there is a blockage in the pipe that is nothing more the a bubble of moisture or smoke fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post
        When I have smoke problems I just blow down one of the smoke tubes, don't need to open anything just stick in a straw or the little tube the give you for adding smoke and blow. 99% of the time there is a blockage in the pipe that is nothing more the a bubble of moisture or smoke fluid.
        If he's overfilled the tank and his cotton is swimming in oil then what?

Comment

Same thing? My cotton is swimming in oil. I fill my smoker up half way and drop the cotton back in. And if it stops smoking it's cause moisture has built up in the tubes and needs to be blown out.

Comment

I read not to put too much oil in and I didn’t but it was probably about a third of the eye dropper

Comment

But thanks guys for the info … let’s say you put the right amount of oil in how long will that last one run …..ten runs?

Comment

Honestly can't say for sure, they say 2 drops is good for an hour or two so have flooding like me is probably good for 24-48 hours.

Comment

Honestly can't say for sure, they say 2 drops is good for an hour or two so have flooding like me is probably good for 24-48 hours.
                  I think someone is confusing drops with milliliters. Two drops is way too little..

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post
                    I think someone is confusing drops with milliliters. Two drops is way too little..
                    No I'm not. Simply quoting Alpha and motionRC so if you have a problem with it direct your complaints to them.

Attached Files

Comment

No I'm not. Simply quoting Alpha and motionRC so if you have a problem with it direct your complaints to them.
                      Lol, I never said you were. Having, in the fairly recent past, carefully followed the “couple of drops” advice that many give; only to promptly dry out the wicking material and then have the heating element burn out, I realized that someone had made an error. I was hoping to spare others that.
                      You clearly are not making that error, since you speak of “flooding” yours.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

Lol, I never said you were. Having, in the fairly recent past, carefully followed the “couple of drops” advice that many give; only to promptly dry out the wicking material and then have the heating element burn out, I realized that someone had made an error. I was hoping to spare others that.
                        You clearly are not making that error, since you speak of “flooding” yours.
                        I honestly just treat it like a vape because that's pretty much what it is minus the nicotine and flavor. If the cotton isn't dripping wet it's not wet enough.

Comment

Delta 19, its interesting you bring up vaping. As for myself, I have been vaping for well over 11 years.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230101_104215.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.1 KB ID:	365621

My dedicated "Vape station" where I build coils for RDA's,RBA's, tanks etc, etc.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230101_104238.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.5 KB ID:	365622

As Im sure you know, A coil doesnt "Swim" in oil. Meaning its NEVER submerged in oil. If it were, then the atomization of a liquid to a vapor would NEVER happen.
                          The coil head on ALL vaping devices are designed to keep the coil saturated, but never drowned as we can see in these 2 pics of a tank coil head, and a RDA coil deck:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230101_104259.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	365623

Building replacement coils for Tank heaters is relatively easy, IF you have Kanthal & Silica rope on hand.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230101_104357.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.0 KB ID:	365624

Of course, getting the Ohm load correct is important for getting maximun heat, thus creating a cloud....and not buning out the circut on the MFU...which I have done.

As Old Wolf pointed out, its far more catastrophic to have too little, then too much. Too much, and you get no vapor, too little and you burn your coil out AND catch your cotton on fire which leads to all sorts of mayhem.

2 drops is a joke...IF your already dry. The ONLY sure way to get your cotton well saturated and not SWIMMING in oil is to open up the tank and add it-PERIOD. Without having clear tanks your just guessing at best. A well saturated cotton batting should last quit a long time before needing a refill. Having a jar with soaked cotton balls on hand makes it rather fast and easy, as well as fool proof, to get you up & running quickly.

My version of "Swimming" in oil is having your heater coil submerged in oil. I dont think were on the same page as far as that goes.

Comment

Ok guys thanks for all the advice much appreciated!

Comment

Ok tried the blow the lines clear advice and it worked thanks !Also had to put more oil in after that works fine now!

Comment

Originally posted by megawatt40 View Post
                                Ok tried the blow the lines clear advice and it worked thanks !Also had to put more oil in after that works fine now!
                                👍

Comment

Working...
                                X