Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my partner making a few changes on the turret to correct a few things right now. It should be out soon, it might come out first before the hvss just depending on how things go.
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Ok guys, I know its been a little bit since I posted an update but now Im ready to tell you all that production has started.
      The updated HVSS files have been resent to me by my partner with the changes I wanted based on my testing.
      I got my printer set up and learned how to use it. I made a turret basket for a leopard 1 turret and a few other doodads learning what to do.
      Production has started and I am cranking out tires as fast as I can with my quality settings.
      I plan on making 10 sets of HVSS kits for the first batch so I will be burning through my black PLA + on all the various tires in the kit. Then moving on to the OD suspension parts.
      Its going to take a while to print all the parts and wait for the all the bearings, screws and idler mounts to arrive so its going to be a little bit till they are ready to sell but I will take reservations now.
      Im not charging anyone yet till they are ready to go but I will start a waiting list so PM me and get in line. Batch one is 10 kits. Once those are done I will be starting on a second batch working around test printing hulls and other parts. So get in line if you want one. Later on I will be revamping my website and listing them there but not till regional marking and forum marketing is done and you guys get in first.
      I cannot commit to a retail price just yet, but the target price we are hoping for is $200 for the HVSS kit with fenders for the Henglong A3 welded hull. Remember, the idler wheel has a metal adjuster and all the wheels and return rollers have ball bearings in them. This tank will last forever.

Work to revise a couple small things on the T23 76mm turret will commence soon and I hope to have that available soon, produced in 3d resin. Our target price for the turret kit is $120 and we are pretty sure we can hold to that price. The customer will have to choose their own mini servos for it but the common blue ones from robotshop.com or emax should fit fine based on early tests. More to come on that soon.
      Enjoy the pics and rejoice that production has started.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG6637.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	369363

Name:	KIMG6633.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	369360Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG6635.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	369361Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG6636.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	369362

Comment

Gonna be a lot of printing. I would definitely take an HVSS set from you if I didn't already have way too many projects at the moment. Didn't want to do the tires in TPU?

Good luck with the production!

Derek

Comment

A T-23 turret!

I was given a pre-production prototype to "range test"; to assemble and make functional on a tank. This one is version three. From lessons learned, a new version is being designed and manufactured as we speak!

Features include a 76mm main gun, opening hatches, servo operated elevation and recoil capability. The hatches have holes at the hinge points. I used music wire, drilled the holes to diameter and cut the wire to length. The servo system uses standard 9 gram servos. It's up to the builder to fashion the desired linkages. The turret fits right onto the Heng Long Sherman. The stock ring gear bolts onto the turret. All operating parts are bolt-on for easy maintenance. As is standard for 3DP parts, some sanding and drilling may be needed.

The turret was installed on a bare Heng Long Sherman body, which is waiting for Rich's HVSS bogies and fenders.

Name:	M4A3E8 Build 06.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	299.3 KB
ID:	371160Click image for larger version

Name:	M4A3E8 Build 08.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	371159Click image for larger version

Name:	M4A3E8 Build 09.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	371161

Someday we'll all have one!
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

A little painting while we're waiting:

Name:	IMG_3425.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	375315

Comment

Very nice Bob.
              the kits are coming. I had no idea how long it would take to print 10 kits at a time. Thousand parts it feels like. Also had some printer problems along the way that had me shut down for nearly a month

Comment

Printers are always temperamental, it's a whole other area of frustration! But, "Semper prorsum!" (Always forward.)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                  A little painting while we're waiting:

Name:	IMG_3425.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	375315
                  Dang Bob that's like saying "here I am SH..T me", but I like it a lot👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Dang Bob that's like saying "here I am SH..T me", but I like it a lot👍👍
                    More like "you get one shot, better make it count", or I'm on you! The rest of the tank gets painted once the conversion is complete.

Comment

The HVSS kits are coming together as I am printing the last sets of fenders and embarking on outlining the instructions. I am working through the best way to present them as I know many people are not as versed in the Sherman as I am.
                      Making 10 kits at once has been an overwhelming multi month task combined with printer failures and lots of woes but Im almost there. From now on I will be printing kits one at a time to have them available and hopefully keep them in stock.
                      I still have a few kits left unreserved so this is a last call for a reservation at the original price of $200 plus tax and shipping.

Comment

If you plan to battle in LA next Saturday, please bring one set for me to LA. Thank you!

Comment

I don’t know that I will have them ready to deliver next week.

All my rc tank products are listed on my site now, www.Richardsjohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

No rush… you can bring them to me at the LA event in July or August.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                              I don’t know that I will have them ready to deliver next week.

All my rc tank products are listed on my site now, www.Richardsjohnson.net/id28.html
                              Your website is flagged as not secure: no S after HTTP. Most browsers recommend against any unsecured transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Your website is flagged as not secure: no S after HTTP. Most browsers recommend against any unsecured transactions.
                                I was going to say that. Seems you SSL cert is either expired or not present. It isn't such a big deal if you aren't doing transactions on your site since you said, cash, check, or Paypal. It is a big deal because browsers will flag it and having your site secured with a cert will make it harder to spoof. Sorry...just the IT guy getting a degree in Cyber Security spouting off.... :)

Comment

It’s only clicking on it from this forum for some reason. I can type it into my iPad or Firefox and it loads fine but if I click on the link here it gets flagged.
                                  I have no control over the SP certificate. I pay for my hosting from register . Com and this is an old product from them. I’m going to have to upgrade to their new hosting and totally rebuild my website from the ground up with new software they provide. It really sucks.

Comment

I am bringing two kits to the LA Tankfest battle day tomorrow June 10th. They are the last chance for someone to purchase at the preorder price of $200.

If you pm me today here on HS I will let you in on the last chance at the preorder price.

The price is now $235 plus tax and shipping.

I had no idea it was going to take this much work to order all the bearings and screws, print the parts, clean them up in some cases, and assemble and pack all the kits and then write the instructions The sheer amount of bags I need to pack them up is unbelievable.

Comment

Yeah...I bet it's a pain...and then you will have a bunch of people complaining about the price when you make like a couple of dollars on each kit. :)

Comment

Got my E8 kit in. Here are some basic photos. Lots of parts nicely packaged. I will start building it soon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F9CBDE87-32DF-4EE4-98A2-7F48B3961AC4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.6 KB ID:	379673Click image for larger version  Name:	34B4B74A-61DB-410C-B708-E28101A07DE1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.3 KB ID:	379674Click image for larger version  Name:	46AA5159-19A5-4FCB-A640-83D6D3AFDE2D.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.6 KB ID:	379675 Metal idler adjusters👍 The kit also has lots of bearings👍👍. Oh and it comes with a full set of tracks too. So far it definitely looks worth what I paid for it.

Comment

Opened mine too. What a unique kit!

Comment

Working...
                                          X