You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heng/Long Rc Abrams left side wheels Jumping and making clicking noises when reversing

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng/Long Rc Abrams left side wheels Jumping and making clicking noises when reversing

Hello, I purchased this tank off of motion rc a few months ago and haven't had any troubles with it up to now, yesterday when I took it out to play with it I heard a very noticeable clicking sound when reversing as well as being able to see two wheels (one more than the other) jumping and clicking. I've tried to tighten the screws attaching the wheels to the suspension as well as moving them around to see if it could be the wheel itself but the problem persists. Recently due to home renovations I've been driving it over rougher terrain and obstacles so I don't really know if that could have broken anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why does it look like there are two road wheels missing? The clicking could be the track jumping sprocket teeth. Sometimes that is caused by a loose track.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
      Why does it look like there are two road wheels missing? The clicking could be the track jumping sprocket teeth. Sometimes that is caused by a loose track.
      Cause I think there are lol

Comment

I had removed them to see if the problem would go away but it didn't change

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
          What do you mean by this? How could I check if the track is loose and how can I tighten it?

Comment

Another thing to check to see if any pins are moving out and hitting the side of the tank

Comment

Check the rear sprocket and make sure the tracks are aligned in the teeth. Good luck!

Comment

The track tension needs to be adjusted,bought my son one this Christmas and when he took it outside he drove it like a mad man down patio steps etc…..

Comment

I have to agree with everything said here. These tanks do need maintenance from time to time!

Clay

Comment

Originally posted by megawatt40 View Post
                    The track tension needs to be adjusted,bought my son one this Christmas and when he took it outside he drove it like a mad man down patio steps etc…..
                    Fixed! Thank you so much to everyone who responded! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Totaldoom21 View Post

Fixed! Thank you so much to everyone who responded! :)
                      What did you finally find out as to what was wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcody View Post

What did you finally find out as to what was wrong?
                        I removed the track and cleaned out some leaves and grass that got lodged in the slip ring on the drive sprocket and tightened the track, that seems to have fixed it and the tank drives much better.

Comment

Yeah, the tank tracks are not always self cleaning especially when running through that type of foliage.

Comment

Working...
                          X