X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    I bought one and while it worked it wasn't very good at supplying amps or run time. I still use 5200mAh 2S LiPo's. These are what I use but mostly as they were old LiPo's I no longer was using in airplanes.

HobbyStar 5200mAh 7.4V, 2S 45C LiPo Battery - Deans Connector | RCJuice
    This 2S 5200mah Lipo are way too big for the HL tank battery compartment. You need to choose 2200mah or smaller for it to physically fit the compartment.

Comment

Odd, fits all my H-L tanks except the T-72 (oops T-90). Well it fit in that now too but I modified it to fit.

Comment

I bought one and while it worked it wasn't very good at supplying amps or run time. I still use 5200mAh 2S LiPo's. These are what I use but mostly as they were old LiPo's I no longer was using in airplanes.

HobbyStar 5200mAh 7.4V, 2S 45C LiPo Battery - Deans Connector | RCJuice
        I looked at the Lithium Polymer battery quite extensively. They are much cheaper than the Li-Ion packs and more plentiful from e-bay and Amazon sellers. I purchased a 2S 2200 mAh, a 2S 5200mAh and a 3S 3000 mAh packs. The 2S 2200 mAh, and 3S 3000 mAh packs fit the HL battery compartment easily, But I could not get any LiPO pack with a larger then 4000mAh to fit unless I cut up the tank chassis and decided against it.

Odd, fits all my H-L tanks except the T-72. Well it fit in that now too but I modified it to fit.
        Seeing is believing. The 5200 mAh Lipo is 6.5 inches long. How it can fit in the 5.8 inches HL battery compartment is hard to envision. Can you show a picture of the battery inside the compartment?

Comment

BTW, can we run Lithium Polymer 3S on our HL tank, would it hurt any electronics component. Thanks.

Comment

I'm really torn by this request. I say I've done it and someone says prove it. I guess you want me to do measurements too?

Click image for larger version  Name:	4251F77B-9B59-4C66-BB53-E6186AD71C59.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.3 KB ID:	380206

Where did you get your measurements from? My tanks bay is 140mm (5.52in) long and the battery is 130mm (5.12in). The link I posted said the battery is 133mm long.

Or will you now want it in another tank?

Originally posted by keilau View Post

I looked at the Lithium Polymer battery quite extensively. They are much cheaper than the Li-Ion packs and more plentiful from e-bay and Amazon sellers. I purchased a 2S 2200 mAh, a 2S 5200mAh and a 3S 3000 mAh packs. The 2S 2200 mAh, and 3S 3000 mAh packs fit the HL battery compartment easily, But I could not get any LiPO pack with a larger then 4000mAh to fit unless I cut up the tank chassis and decided against it.

Seeing is believing. The 5200 mAh Lipo is 6.5 inches long. How it can fit in the 5.8 inches HL battery compartment is hard to envision. Can you show a picture of the battery inside the compartment?

Comment

A fully charged 3S LiPo is 12.6V. My understanding is there are some tanks MFU electronics that can take that and some that can't. For example the TK 6.0 can take 12.6V... But I wouldn't do it.

Originally posted by ArmorBolt View Post
              BTW, can we run Lithium Polymer 3S on our HL tank, would it hurt any electronics component. Thanks.

Comment

I'm really torn by this request. I say I've done it and someone says prove it. I guess you want me to do measurements too?

Click image for larger version Name:	4251F77B-9B59-4C66-BB53-E6186AD71C59.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.3 KB ID:	380206

Where did you get your measurements from? My tanks bay is 140mm (5.52in) long and the battery is 130mm (5.12in). The link I posted said the battery is 133mm long.
                I own you a sincere apology. I made the grave mistake of NOT updating my 6 months old information. When I said that "The 5200 mAh Lipo is 6.5 inches long.", it was based on my January 2023 search. In just a short 6 months, The 5200 mAh Lipo shrinked to 5.5 inches long, and a perfect fit for the Heng Long RC tanks physically.

Thank you for being patient with me.

Comment

I think you are looking at a different battery, maybe the Admiral? They are longer. My Hobbystar are old, the date on that one is 2019. The newer 5200 I’m using are Coddar and Race Day Quads also has a 5200, both also fit in our tanks.

Comment

I think you are looking at a different battery, maybe the Admiral? They are longer. My Hobbystar are old, the date on that one is 2019. The newer 5200 I’m using are Coddar and Race Day Quads also has a 5200, both also fit in our tanks.
                    I bought 2 pieces of Goldbat 2S 5200mAh Lipo in early 2022 at Amazon. I had to return them because the hard case was too long to fit the HL battery compartment. I was looking for shorter Lipo pack, but couldn't find any at that time. I must not look at the right brand.

Comment

My tank battery won’t charge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorden View Post
                        My tank battery won’t charge
                        If you are using the charger that came with the tank, leave it plugged in for 24 hours. If battery has not took a charge after that time period, the battery cells fell below their minimum theshold voltage to accept a recharge. If you got your tank from MotionRC, contact their customer service and they will send you a good replacement battery. Not sure about other RC tank seller's customer service.

Comment

Working...
                        X