X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New heng long tanks

I'm fairly new to this hobby and was wondering how often heng long comes out with new model tanks?

From my experience, they usually do not come out with a new model, until Tamiya does. They are usually copies, but they have improved over the years. Depending on what you want to spend check out Taigen tanks also.

Comment

honestly its random, they came out with the "KV-2" in 2022, first shown in 2021, which was just a KV-2 turret on the KV-1E they make

and then in 2022 they updated the T-72 they make from a T-72a to to the T-72B or as they call it the T-72ERA.

not really sure when the next one will come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Milspec1 View Post
        I'm fairly new to this hobby and was wondering how often heng long comes out with new model tanks?
        Heng Long has been in the process of upgrading their older tanks to make them more reliable. This started in late 2019 and was largely finished in early 2022. During this time they have also added three new tanks T72, KV2 and T72 with era.

Prior to 2019, from ~2013-2018 they added four tanks all modern designs .

Heng Long announced that they would be offering the IDF Merkava in late 2020 but as of yet it has not entered production.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Heng Long has been in the process of upgrading their older tanks to make them more reliable. This started in late 2019 and was largely finished in early 2022. During this time they have also added three new tanks T72, KV2 and T72 with era.

Prior to 2019, from ~2013-2018 they added four tanks all modern designs .

Heng Long announced that they would be offering the IDF Merkava in late 2020 but as of yet it has not entered production.
          god i hope it does one day and, doesnt end up as a tongde.

Comment

Who is the best company to purchase Taigen tanks from?

Comment

Directly from Taigen.com is where I get mine

Comment

Originally posted by Milspec1 View Post
                Who is the best company to purchase Taigen tanks from?
                BB version or IR version that you are interested in? Your state?

Comment

Ohio and BB version

Comment

Heng Long said that they were only going to do four models runs of tanks per year, but that was before Covid hit. Those model runs were going to be some of the old tanks and some new tanks which is why you sometimes see a glut of Pershings or Bulldogs on the market and a year later very few as they don't produce all models constantly. Basically if you want a certain model of tank, buy them while they are plentiful as it may be a few years before they do another production run of that tank. I am wanting them to do the Merkava as they did have a prototype built. They actually showed it before the KV-2, but I think with Covid the KV-2 was much easier to produce as they just slapped a different turret on the KV-1E chassis as Rubicon said. I think they saw that they could change a few molds really quickly and add the ERA version of the T-72 to make quick post Covid cash. As with the KV-2, they just loosely made it look correct.

The guys (supposedly former HL employees) from TongDE have said that they have an agreement with HL not to produce any tanks that HL does. That being said I don't think there is an agreement from HL not to produce any TongDE tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                      Heng Long said that they were only going to do four models runs of tanks per year, but that was before Covid hit. Those model runs were going to be some of the old tanks and some new tanks which is why you sometimes see a glut of Pershings or Bulldogs on the market and a year later very few as they don't produce all models constantly. Basically if you want a certain model of tank, buy them while they are plentiful as it may be a few years before they do another production run of that tank. I am wanting them to do the Merkava as they did have a prototype built. They actually showed it before the KV-2, but I think with Covid the KV-2 was much easier to produce as they just slapped a different turret on the KV-1E chassis as Rubicon said. I think they saw that they could change a few molds really quickly and add the ERA version of the T-72 to make quick post Covid cash. As with the KV-2, they just loosely made it look correct.

The guys (supposedly former HL employees) from TongDE have said that they have an agreement with HL not to produce any tanks that HL does. That being said I don't think there is an agreement from HL not to produce any TongDE tanks.
                      you have a source on heng long making only 4 models a year?

Saw this, thought I'd share... HENG LONG IS CHANGING THEIR BUSINESS MODEL Posted by Motion RC on April 05, 2021 | Category: News (https://www.motionrc.com/blogs/motion-rc-blog/tagged/news) Heng Long has recently announced that they will be changing their business model to support the growing global demand for their

only thing i can find is this where they where gonna make 4 per production run and from there they plan on having 4 runs a year.

Comment

I said "four model runs"...not four different tanks per year.

Comment

There is a FB post today, purportedly by Toucan Hobby that says "Heng Long 1/16 Merkava available soon", along with a video clip of one driving around. Couldn't find any more mention of it but that.
                          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                            There is a FB post today, purportedly by Toucan Hobby that says "Heng Long 1/16 Merkava available soon", along with a video clip of one driving around. Couldn't find any more mention of it but that.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	876
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	375827

Comment

From a FB post. feel free to dissect, but you know you'll want one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	337411960_768335001691911_1085364286057068852_n.jpg
Views:	901
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	375860Click image for larger version

Name:	337284915_1298082057439366_4637933995239791653_n.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	375859
                              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Oh great, just when I'm about to drop some cash on a m60a3 along comes another "must have "

Comment

Originally posted by Sappo View Post
                                  Oh great, just when I'm about to drop some cash on a m60a3 along comes another "must have "
                                  Get the M60 first it is so much more impressive and iconic. I have seen a 1/16 Merk next to a 1/16 M60 and although it is much larger the M60 draws more attention both on and off the battle field.

Not saying don't get a Merk, I am for sure, but before that I am adding another M60 in an A2 "Starship" format to the fleet. By then the Merka should be plentiful on EBay.

Comment

Please don't get me started on the a2. It's gonna be hard enough convincing the finance minister we are in need of both a m60a3 and a a2. And now I gotta convince her we need a ifv as well

Comment

Facebook strikes again and, if this is real this is a huge step up in quality for heng long.

Comment

Oh my lord, torsion bar suspension, photo etch parts, top loading battery and top mounted on,off switch, ok it's got that goofy recoil systym but wow. Almost scared to find out what the price is

Comment

Working...
                                        X