X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery help, please.

Sorry if this has been asked as i did look but i can only look at text so long till my eyes bleed.

But, what batteries fits and works well in the HL Abrams pro. Not to be rude, i dont need to know the science in it or people beating in the bushes, just need to know what model of batteries fit with the most capacity for li-ion thats not out of stock on MotionRC. Im not new to RC's, just new to tank RC's to note.

If anyone can provide links to good batteries thats plug and play, i would appreciate it.

Also side question, where can i get a 360 rotation upgrade for the turret thats not aliexpress or some other chinese site.

I use LiPo in my tanks. I have a half dozen of old Hobby Star 5200 45C 2S packs I use. Depending on the tank I get hours to all afternoon run times.

HobbyStar 5200mAh 7.4V, 2S 45C LiPo Battery - Deans Connector | RCJuice

Talk to Toucan in New Jersey about the 360. they have multiple names on Ebay and a regular web site. They show China but may have US stock. Another possible is there are a lot of tankers that remove them from their tanks and might have the parts they would give you.

HengLong 1/16 RC Tank 360° Turret Rotation Gear And Electric Slip Ring For 6.0 | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      I use LiPo in my tanks. I have a half dozen of old Hobby Star 5200 45C 2S packs I use. Depending on the tank I get hours to all afternoon run times.

HobbyStar 5200mAh 7.4V, 2S 45C LiPo Battery - Deans Connector | RCJuice

Talk to Toucan in New Jersey about the 360. they have multiple names on Ebay and a regular web site. They show China but may have US stock. Another possible is there are a lot of tankers that remove them from their tanks and might have the parts they would give you.

HengLong 1/16 RC Tank 360° Turret Rotation Gear And Electric Slip Ring For 6.0 | eBay
      So this battery fits without any changes? least with the Abrams. Does it make the tank run like a race car and or make it unrealistic?

Comment

Yes to fit. I don't know what connector your tank has but a good thing with them is if you ask they will change the battery connector to what you use for free (or it has been when I ask). A 2S LiPo is 8.4V fully charged so it's not a high voltage (risky to your control module or motors) set up.

Comment

Yes to fit. I don't know what connector your tank has but a good thing with them is if you ask they will change the battery connector to what you use for free (or it has been when I ask). A 2S LiPo is 8.4V fully charged so it's not a high voltage (risky to your control module or motors) set up.
          I have not bought a tank yet. Still deciding on the tank and if. The link you gave for the ebay seller, are they a good seller? I do see they have fully upgraded HL tanks with the 360 turrets and gun recoil and such for a lower price than stock. Two ebay vendors with the same info so im assuming its the same vendor just with more names like you suggested. I do like the tiger1 and if it comes fully upgraded for $250 or less, that would be a good solution and they claim to offer up to 7000mah.

Comment

Toucan is THE US importer. You will see a lot of ebay sellers wit the Cranbury NJ address, they are all the same company. If you are buying a tank, especially on your second, third, fourth, tenth I suggest contacting them and making an offer. They will usually accept a 10-15% offer lower than their ebay price.

MotionRC also sells H-L tanks and they have good prices on parts and to an extent on the tanks themselves. But they offer only two levels and Toucan will offer maybe six and even then if you don't see what you like (adding maybe FPV or something) they will usually do it and give you a quote.

Comment

HL batteries are garbarge. So if you buy a tank from Toucan don't upgrade the battery. Buy the battery from Motion.
              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

The battery pack size at 133 mm long is perfect for the Heng Long battery compartment. I looked for LiPo battery at Amazon for awhile. Every LiPo larger than 3000 mAh are 139 mm or longer, making them too big for HL tanks. Did you use your smart charger to measure how much mAh this pack can actually hold?

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                  HL batteries are garbarge. So if you buy a tank from Toucan don't upgrade the battery. Buy the battery from Motion.
                  The Heng Long Li-Ion 2S battery pack can hold 1100 mAh which will allow run time of 30 minutes continuously and longer in normal operation (on and off). It is no good for a battle day, but good for many beginner RC tankers.

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                    I dont understand. Dont upgrade the battery Toucan and just get the standard it natally comes and and get the 3000mah motionrc has? The issue is i have not seen the battery motionrc has ever instock and or it sells out fast.

Comment

Looks like motion is out of stock. Point is, the HL batteries aren't really worth the upgrade. Their quality is marginal and your better off getting another brand. All the motion batteries I have are really good. I now build my own battery packs and realize the cell quality is going to cost money and a cheap HL battery is not in the same league as a Panasonic Lion 15a 18650. If it is your first tank just take the stock one to get going and upgrade with another brand.
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

The ToucanHobby sellers offer this LiPo battery as upgrade:
                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/29548373380...kAAOSwGLZjy2P6

The seller does not spec the battery weight. Judging from its size, it is at least a 2000 to 3000mAh battery pack. For $35 shipped, it is a reasonable upgrade to the HL stock battery and at least double the run time or more. You need to have your own smart balance charger which I assume that you already have for other RC hobbies.

If you are already familiar with and comfortable handling LiPo packs, you can get 2 packs for the price of one at Amazon.
                        Code:
                        [URL="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L4PBBLM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B09L4PBBLM&pd_rd_w=AfL35&content-id=amzn1.sym.88097cb9-5064-44ef-891b-abfacbc1c44b&pf_rd_p=88097cb9-5064-44ef-891b-abfacbc1c44b&pf_rd_r=RT5PNC41MBKHTKM8JGAT&pd_rd_wg=KDoM2&pd_rd_r=591096b1-78bb-433a-a9a7-bc57d2331585&s=electronics&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNzcwMlVXM1ZITzVEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjU1ODI2M1VXRFg3N1g1UFJRSCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjE4NzY2QU5JMVhDRkMxS09PJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ=="]Amazon.com: Zeee 2S Lipo Battery 2200mAh 7.4V 120C Soft Case Battery with XT60 Plug RC Lipo for FPV Drone Quadcopter Helicopter Airplane RC Boat RC Car RC Models(2 Pack) : Toys & Games[/URL]​
                        Like @quitcherbitchen​, I build my own battery packs using known quality Lithium Ion cells. It is cheaper, assure of long run time and, most importantly, safer than LiPo commercial packs.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                          The ToucanHobby sellers offer this LiPo battery as upgrade:
                          https://www.ebay.com/itm/29548373380...kAAOSwGLZjy2P6

The seller does not spec the battery weight. Judging from its size, it is at least a 2000 to 3000mAh battery pack. For $35 shipped, it is a reasonable upgrade to the HL stock battery and at least double the run time or more. You need to have your own smart balance charger which I assume that you already have for other RC hobbies.

If you are already familiar with and comfortable handling LiPo packs, you can get 2 packs for the price of one at Amazon.
                          Code:
                          [URL="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L4PBBLM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B09L4PBBLM&pd_rd_w=AfL35&content-id=amzn1.sym.88097cb9-5064-44ef-891b-abfacbc1c44b&pf_rd_p=88097cb9-5064-44ef-891b-abfacbc1c44b&pf_rd_r=RT5PNC41MBKHTKM8JGAT&pd_rd_wg=KDoM2&pd_rd_r=591096b1-78bb-433a-a9a7-bc57d2331585&s=electronics&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNzcwMlVXM1ZITzVEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjU1ODI2M1VXRFg3N1g1UFJRSCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjE4NzY2QU5JMVhDRkMxS09PJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ=="]Amazon.com: Zeee 2S Lipo Battery 2200mAh 7.4V 120C Soft Case Battery with XT60 Plug RC Lipo for FPV Drone Quadcopter Helicopter Airplane RC Boat RC Car RC Models(2 Pack) : Toys & Games[/URL]​
                          Like @quitcherbitchen​, I build my own battery packs using known quality Lithium Ion cells. It is cheaper, assure of long run time and, most importantly, safer than LiPo commercial packs.
                          The seller claims they can upgrade the battery to 7000mah and thats what they recommend provided its not really 3000mah at the price of a 7000mah.

Do you know anyone that sells homemade li-ion packs like on ebay and what not?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe dirt View Post

The seller claims they can upgrade the battery to 7000mah and thats what they recommend provided its not really 3000mah at the price of a 7000mah.

Do you know anyone that sells homemade li-ion packs like on ebay and what not?
                            You need 4 pieces of 3500 mAh battery cells to make a 2S2P 7000 mAh battery pack. Those Lithium Ion 3500 mAh 18650 cells were plentyful 10 years ago. As the EV industry takes off, lithium becomes scarce for retail product. This day, you will have to pay $20 for this premium quality cell if you can find one, most likely at a vaping shop. MotionRC found an alternate source for them in Taiwan and was selling 7000 mAh pack for a while. The Mato 2S 3500 mAh Li-Ion pack is still available on e-bay.

I have not gone back to this battery outlet for many years. They still have Panasonic Cell NCR18650B listed for $16 each plus shipping.

http://www.batteryspace.com/li-ion-1...y-modules.aspx

I use a low cost alternative from EBL store to build pack now. The EBL 18650 cells are honest 3000 mAh cells with protection circuit, but not a high quality battery. It has a very low discharge rate 10C cell which is good for running the HL tanks, but not much else. A 2S2P EBL pack can last a whole battle day's activity. No retail source, home built only.

Comment

I bought this on Amazon and they are awesome 45 minutes of run time!

Comment

And came with balance charger

Comment

Originally posted by megawatt40 View Post
                                  I bought this on Amazon and they are awesome 45 minutes of run time!
                                  The 45 minutes runtime is surprisingly short since the seller call them 2800 mAh packs. If I charge the Heng Long stock pack that comes with their tank to 8.4 volts, it can easily run full throttle for 45 minutes continuously. I usually charge them to 8.2 volts that allows it to run 35 minutes full speed.

Do you have a small scale to weight how many grams does each pack weight? It will give me some idea what kind of Li-Io cell does it use.

Comment

Every tank has a different run time. Lighter smaller no metal tanks run twice as long as bigger heavier with lots of metal.

Comment

Every tank has a different run time. Lighter smaller no metal tanks run twice as long as bigger heavier with lots of metal.
                                      I am talking Heng Long RTR plastic based tank only. With metal gearbox and track, they usually weights 7-9 lb. The biggest power drain are the two 380 series drive motors. My experience are limited because I have only 5 HL. The run time from same battery pack changes only a little from the lightest plastic T34 to my heaviest fully metalized 2A6. Which one is your bigger, heavier tank with lots of metal? Do you know how many pounds is it?

Comment

Working...
                                      X