Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Sherman

Hello Tankers..

I am beginning work on a Pacific Sherman..concrete filled wood sides, lots of spare tracks. Cages over hatches.

So my question is, “ What do I need to Swap a Torro upper hull and turret (75mm) to my existing 7.0 Heng long 105mm?

thanks a bunch in advance!

I think Rubicon99 put one together - https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-cars-tanks-trucks-and-more/rc-tanks/221445-post-your-pictures-rc-tank-gallery?p=367354#post367354

Comment

Originally posted by Florida Ranger View Post
      Hello Tankers..

I am beginning work on a Pacific Sherman..concrete filled wood sides, lots of spare tracks. Cages over hatches.

So my question is, “ What do I need to Swap a Torro upper hull and turret (75mm) to my existing 7.0 Heng long 105mm?

thanks a bunch in advance!
      It might be simpler to just convert your HL to a 75mm vs trying to swap over your Taigen/Torro upper half. They look similar but are very different and it takes a bit of work.

The parts needed (mantle and barrel) to convert your HL turret over to a 75mm turret are available from Mato or Shapeways.

Comment

So can a Mato 75mm turret swap right into my HL 7.0 105mm?

thank you!

Comment

So can a Mato 75mm turret swap right into my HL 7.0 105mm?

thank you!
          No they are quite different. You can with a bit of work make one fit. Swapping over to a Mato mantle and barrel is the easiest easy to go.

Comment

Ok i found the barrel and mantle on mato… does that just replace the HL parts ? Or is there modification needed?

And thanks for your time Sir!

Comment

Ok i found the barrel and mantle on mato… does that just replace the HL parts ? Or is there modification needed?

And thanks for your time Sir!
              It should be a direct replacements but can require a little fitting if memory service.

Comment

I have been told that the mato metal 75mm turret will fit on the henglong but I have not personally done it.
                I know the taigen 75mm turret will not fit on the henglong.
                you might just buy the taigen 75 mm tank if you have not bought a tank to build yet.
                A good place to go for building Shermans is the 1/16 rc Sherman tank builders group on Facebook. That all that goes on there and lots of custom builds like this.
                RC tank parts and accessories I make
                www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
                X