X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post

Yes sir. I have also used the Metal version in the previous post...The metal version is FAR superior to the 3D printed one from Clark (which is complete crap). I have videos on my Channel showing exacty how to make a cheap & inexpensive servo recoil system. OF course it goes without saying a recoiling barrel to start with is needed. Otherwise a crap ton of custom modificatons are needed that I decline to get involved with.
    Very impressive collection of videos. What servo do you use? I am not concerned about torque. The only question is which one has the right dimension to fit the recoil motor housing with minimal griding. I am less certain about doing the servo conversion now. The servo improvement is not very obvious to untrained eyes.

I will order the HL metal recoil barrel for the Pershing and use it as is for a few weeks before I decide whether to undertake the servo conversion. Thank you a lot for your tips and pointers.

Comment

I have the same metal recoil in my Abrams and in my ZTZ-99. I have another slated for another modern tank. I don't hold the same opinion of the Clark recoils. They are decent on small barreled tanks. I also print my own "Clarkish" recoil units which work quite well even on a heavy metal barrel Taigen IS-2. My T72 uses a Clark recoil system built for the T90 and it works just fine in that application as the T72 barrel is mostly plastic, but it is overpriced. For the price, the metal units are much better.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
        I have the same metal recoil in my Abrams and in my ZTZ-99. I have another slated for another modern tank. I don't hold the same opinion of the Clark recoils. They are decent on small barreled tanks. I also print my own "Clarkish" recoil units which work quite well even on a heavy metal barrel Taigen IS-2. My T72 uses a Clark recoil system built for the T90 and it works just fine in that application as the T72 barrel is mostly plastic, but it is overpriced. For the price, the metal units are much better.
        Which one of your barrel recoil is servo controlled? Does the TK-7.0 MB provide good control to the simple motor barrel recoil?

I have a TK-6.0S MB on the Pershing which has the proper connections for HL simple motor metal barrel recoil BB unit. If the MB circuit for recoil is designed well, the benefit of a servo may be very small.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

Very impressive collection of videos. What servo do you use? I am not concerned about torque. The only question is which one has the right dimension to fit the recoil motor housing with minimal griding. I am less certain about doing the servo conversion now. The servo improvement is not very obvious to untrained eyes.

I will order the HL metal recoil barrel for the Pershing and use it as is for a few weeks before I decide whether to undertake the servo conversion. Thank you a lot for your tips and pointers.
          I find any Micro Servo (9g) works well. My prefered servo is Savox High speed, but they are on the pricey side. I usually get my micro servos off of Amazon.
          I do want to experiment with larger servos, maybe mini's to see if they will fit & perform.

Tank-The issure I have with the 2 Clark units I have is the gear mesh. Its not very good. The 2 I have are in a junk box waiting to be traded to anyone who wants them-I have no use for them.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

Which one of your barrel recoil is servo controlled? Does the TK-7.0 MB provide good control to the simple motor barrel recoil?

I have a TK-6.0S MB on the Pershing which has the proper connections for HL simple motor metal barrel recoil BB unit. If the MB circuit for recoil is designed well, the benefit of a servo may be very small.
            All of my tanks with recoil are servo controlled. I don't currently have any fully operational tanks using Heng Long MB. My battle ready tanks with recoil are using Clark TK-40, 50, or 80 boards. If I were to use a HL board I would try to use the 6.1 or 7.1, but of course the 6.1 is now out of production.

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
            Tank-The issure I have with the 2 Clark units I have is the gear mesh. Its not very good. The 2 I have are in a junk box waiting to be traded to anyone who wants them-I have no use for them.
            I can see that. What I find is that the toothed part that attaches to the servo is usually poorly printed and will slip on the servo. If you want to get some use out of those units...ditch the servo side teeth and attach a servo arm, ball, and linkage. Just modify it so it works that way and if the teeth on the recoil side get in the way, just grind them off. Removing the screws hence removing the teeth from the recoil barrel is problematic as the portion with the teeth keeps the barrel from rotating (the piece is L shaped). The 3D printed version from RC Tanks Australia are the ones I use because they use that method to recoil the barrel and not a toothed setup. I find the toothed ones a little more finicky than the ones just using a servo arm and linkage.​ Plus since the ones I use are printed on my own printer, I can cut, chop, sand, drill, and modify the unit all I want to. If I screw it up, I can just print another one. :)

Comment

I plugged my IR emitter bulb pins into slot CN15 in my 7.1 board. It did not register any hit. What did I do wrong?

Comment

I have found that “some” of the IR bulbs have their polarity reversed from the normal LED convention, Flip the plug, you won’t hurt it if you put it in backwards.
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thank you! I have just found that I had two bad bulbs in the row in the bag from the manufacture. I used the 3rd one and it fired.

Comment

Is there a multi model memory transmitter that would bind to the 7.0 or 7.1 boards?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerXXX View Post
                      Is there a multi model memory transmitter that would bind to the 7.0 or 7.1 boards?
                      Short answer is NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                        Zipper you have a link to your Youtube channel I will go check it out
                        Thank
                        Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Comment

Working...
                        X