X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL 7.0 Infrared receiver connector

What is the size of the HengLong TK-7.0 Infrared receiver female JST connector? Is it a JST-PH or JST-ZH?

JST- XL with 2.0 pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
      JST- XL with 2.0 pitch
      No. That is the size of all the 2-pin JST female connectors. The 3-pin JST female connector that fits into the CN16 port of the TK-7.0 board is the same width as the JST-XL 2-pin female plug. First photo is of IE female plug on 7.0 board. You can see there is only one narrow guide slot in the male receptacle and is only 18/64ths wide.
      The second photo is of a JST-XL 3-pin female plug that has two guide slots and is 21/64ths wide.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20230322_085349.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.4 KB ID:	374325

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230322_094116.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	374327

Comment

After further research and taking/comparing measurements of JST connectors, the Infrared Receiver female plug to the 7.0 & 7.1 boards is a JST-PH style connection. The first and third pins are exactly 4mm center to center and there is a single guide lug on them.

Comment

The reason I've brought this issue to light is that the HengLong IR Update Kit from DGS Military has the wrong 3-pin female plug on the IR receiver harness to plug into the current TK-7.0 & 7.1 boards. I talked to Dean at DGS about this, as I did order more kits from him, and asked him if he was aware of this. His explanation was that all the kits currently in stock have the larger JST-XL 3-pin female plugs for the older TK-6.0 boards. I gave him the information on the correct JST-PH 3-pin female plug needed and also gave him a "url" link to the product sold on Amazon. I've ordered a complete JST-PH assortment on Amazon so I can convert his kits once I receive them next week. On the first kit I got I had to hack the HL 7.0/7.1 IR JST-PH 3-pin female 3-pin connector off my IR receiver harness, cut the DGS one off and solder the original HL 7.0/7.1 IR JST-PH 3-pin female plug on. Hopefully, Dean will get the correct female plugs in soon for the HL 7.0/7.1 boards.
          I will say though, it is a killer system for the price and I'm very happy with his product. It works real good!
          Installed the DGS IR emitter where the original one was in the Tiger 1. You can see it just to right side of the barrel front plate (it looks blue in the photo).

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230322_155527.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.0 KB ID:	374380

Comment

Working...
          X