Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1A2 6.0 Barrel Recoil

Gent's,

I have a 6.0 M1A2 w/ barrel recoil and want to modify with servo or possibly using the existing motor to make it more fluid and realistic. Is there a slot I can use on the 6.0 MFU? The videos I have seen used a 6.1 or higher. If I use a 7.0, what slot can I use to do this? Thank you for your time.

You have to get the 6.1 (discontinue) or 7.1 for the barrel to recoil correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post
      Gent's,

I have a 6.0 M1A2 w/ barrel recoil and want to modify with servo or possibly using the existing motor to make it more fluid and realistic. Is there a slot I can use on the 6.0 MFU? The videos I have seen used a 6.1 or higher. If I use a 7.0, what slot can I use to do this? Thank you for your time.
      Actually, it can be done with 6.0 & 7.0 MFU's....if you dont mind waiting for this cheap part to arrive from Germany

You may be saying to yourself "That servo isnt traveling very far"...Thats becasue the PWM signal is rather short on this servo signal converter and or the signal used on the MFU. If more barrel retraction is wanted, then another $20 must be spent on a servo travel tuner...

Welcome to ServoCity where you can get the parts you need to bring your ideas to life! From servos to switches, from actuators to Actobotics, we work hard to bring you the best components backed by unparalleled technical support

goBILDA is a modern build system designed for engineers, artists, students and makers. It's metric, lightweight, and has an ever-growing library of parts

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post
        Gent's,

Heng Long's metal barrel recoil BB unit does not have servo. They are compatible with HL TK-6.0/7.0 MB. Connect the recoil motor to CN6. If you have a servo recoil, connect it to CH1 of a TK-7.1 only. You can order this:
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/255226835198?hash=item3b6cb470fe:g:CaYAAOSwhUNiark A&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8IIuq9aCOfm035lS%2Bum88YH 5E eiEdM1%2BxzPUvDBi%2FVjCDiby7RbmPtpJowVlvq%2B5x7ewy HXL%2B%2BwGAxvX6IcHDHco75BH1%2BPL53t4vvnLzFS5kcaGi KtD%2BrW3d4CROeUZmhSuzVxxDiaNr1QYYrYSHz6FpBeK6XbTV z005VrCUUsEOq%2Fetm4Py6UY%2BdqJIMt717BiWbve3x2EA%2 BxpRBasWA3tFTjguj%2BkEGs2JGMEkUAQfKWBsihTXGLmLW5Dd aTPep3aHZVf%2FzZEgsh2JE4VG7PmG4rX2rsNH%2F4cocqjfZU qzBOVjSxjBJUnzrm9CIWlCw%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABFBM7PuFuoNi

Comment

Thanks for all the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

Heng Long's metal barrel recoil BB unit does not have servo. They are compatible with HL TK-6.0/7.0 MB. Connect the recoil motor to CN6. If you have a servo recoil, connect it to CH1 of a TK-7.1 only.
            I receive the above information from a Toucan email. They are usually reliable. I have a Heng Long metal barrel recoil BB unit on order, but the delivery is taking longer than expected. I have not tested this information yet. On both the TK-6.0S and TK-7.0 main board manual, CN6 is called a "trigger" connector with no explanation. BB shooting motor is connected to CN10. Barrel recoil is NOT mentioned.

If you have tested the Heng Long's metal barrel recoil BB unit, please, share your experience here. The barrel recoil for post WW2 tanks is a huge improvement in realism.

Comment

Port CN6 is what triggers the SOUND.....only. Port CN10 is of course where the motor is hooked up to.

When converting to servo recoil, its important to put a jumper in port CN6 so the triggering of the sound is instant, which of course is the whole reason why we convert over to servo driven recoil-so the cannon shot happens exactly as the barrel starts to retract, not an hour later waiting for the motor/spring to wind up.

Port CN6 functions the same across ALL henglong MFU's as well as Canshuo MFU's

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
                Port CN6 is what triggers the SOUND.....only. Port CN10 is of course where the motor is hooked up to.

When converting to servo recoil, its important to put a jumper in port CN6 so the triggering of the sound is instant, which of course is the whole reason why we convert over to servo driven recoil-so the cannon shot happens exactly as the barrel starts to retract, not an hour later waiting for the motor/spring to wind up.

Port CN6 functions the same across ALL henglong MFU's as well as Canshuo MFU's
                So, there is nothing wrong with using CN6 to trigger the recoil motor. The cannon recoils when the BB fires. I can hear the cannon sound with CN6 open.

If I have a recoil servo connected to CH1, the cannon recoils when the BB fires too. Do I understand correctly from your video?

Comment

Confused.

"The cannon recoils when the BB fires" --Yes, but with the sound having allot of delay when using the stock motor driven system.

"So, there is nothing wrong with using CN6 to trigger the recoil motor" Port CN6 does not trigger the motor. ONLY the sound. The motor, is a motor. Meaning it has to have a relatively LONG press of the button so the motor can spin & compress the spring. A short stroking does not allow a full wind up. It can be seen in my video.Port CN6 Only senses the closing of the circut (the contact pins on the BB unit).

"If I have a recoil servo connected to CH1" If you have a Channel 1 on your receiver, then your running a 6.1(s) or a 7.1 MFU, which of course is ideal from a Henglong perspective and no need whatsoever to concern oneself with Port CN6 with the exception of putting a jumper in. If you hook up a servo to Channel 1, NOTHING will happen without the jumper in place.

"
                  I can hear the cannon sound with CN6 open" That is incorrect. What your hearing is the motor spooling up the spring. Not the sound of the cannon shot.

Comment

I am very confused since I do not have a Barrel recoil unit to test. When the HL metal barrel recoil gets here, I will hook it up per Toucan instruction. If the barrel does not recoil as Toucan said, the unit goes back. If the barrel recoils, I will connect my oscilloscope to the CN6 to see what kind of pulse signal it has. Since the simple motor does not`have feedback signal, the motor energize when the trigger applies to it to pull back the barrel. When the trigger pulse ends, the motor will return to neutral position by a small spring. It is my educated guess.

For those who have been using servo recoil, it would be very helpful if I can see the scope traces of CH1.

Comment

The delivery tracking shows that my ordered Heng Long metal barrel recoil BB unit for the Pershing should arrive on Monday.

In the last few days, there have been a large number of Heng Long BB unit with 2 XT connectors available for sale on ebay. Toucan told me that they are generic and should fit any HL tank. They are relatively cheap at less than $20 shipped. So I ordered one for experiment with some 9g micro servo that I have from my workbench storage.

Comment

My 6.0 7.0 Metal Recoil Barrel BB Unit For 1/16 Henglong 3838 M26 Pershing RC Tank is here. No more excuse for not having one to test. The new barrel is about 1.5-2" longer than the stock barrel, making it more realistic looking already. It may be a few days before I can start this. I am working on the metal upgrade of the Tongde M60A1. This is only a hobby so I work deliberately slow to avoid mistakes. Waiting for metal part paint to dry also takes time.

When I asked Toucan about the recoil motor:
                        New message from: toucanhobbyqn5 (795)
                        Hi,

This is not a JST connector, it is a XS 2.54 connector. It can be connected to the CN6.
                        If it isn’t match it, could you please send me some pictures of your mainboard and the plugs?

Sincerely,
                        Maki

Stay tuned for the test results.

Comment

keilau is that the longer more correct length barrel for the Pershing? I saw a different looking one on the Toucan site.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post
                            keilau is that the longer more correct length barrel for the Pershing? I saw a different looking one on the Toucan site.
                            Post #12 have the link to the unit that I purchased. Unfortunately, my 2005 HL 3838 Snow Leopard has a turret that doesn't match the new recoil cannon. The external turret shape is ok, but the cut out etc changed enough to not to fit. I am looking to purchase a newer Pershing turret now.

Anyone has a surplus Pershing turret to donate? I will pay shipping.

Comment

My 6.0 7.0 Metal Recoil Barrel BB Unit For 1/16 Henglong 3838 M26 Pershing RC Tank is here. No more excuse for not having one to test. The new barrel is about 1.5-2" longer than the stock barrel, making it more realistic looking already. It may be a few days before I can start this. I am working on the metal upgrade of the Tongde M60A1. This is only a hobby so I work deliberately slow to avoid mistakes. Waiting for metal part paint to dry also takes time.

When I asked Toucan about the recoil motor:
                              New message from: toucanhobbyqn5 (795)
                              Hi,

This is not a JST connector, it is a XS 2.54 connector. It can be connected to the CN6.
                              If it isn’t match it, could you please send me some pictures of your mainboard and the plugs?

Sincerely,
                              Maki

Stay tuned for the test results.
                              I hooked up the HL metal barrel recoil unit to the TK-6.0S MB, BB shooting to CN10 and recoil motor to CN6. It fires and recoils as it should. 3 cheers!! I feel that the return spring is a little stiff, but the recoil action looks very realistic.

HL have complete metal barrel recoil BB shooting unit for several tank models at $40-50. It should be a popular upgrade. If your tank is a newer model and already has telescopic barrel, you may be able to use the universal recoil BB unit which sells for about $20. I hope to test one in the near future.

I did the recoil test with the unit just free standing on top of the Pershing lower chassis.

Comment

I have started a new thread on this subject on barrel recoil.

A few days ago, I posted on a Heng Long Metal Barrel Recoil BB shooting unit for 3838 Pershing upgrade kit that I purchased for my 2005 Snow Leopard. I said that over 18 years, HL changed the cannon mantle mounting plate enough that the kit does not fit my Pershing turret. I contact the Toucan seller (build-for-u) to request a return. They got back to me in a few days after talking to the HL technical team. They came up with the idea of swapping the old mounting plate to the new unit. It works, but it is not a simple direct drop-in replacement. It took me 2 days of careful griding and cutting. I will post more pictures to describe the process in the new thread.

The Metal Barrel Recoil BB shooting unit works with TK-6.0/7.0 without any electrical modification on the Pershing. Just connect the recoil motor to CN6. I have upgraded the Pershing with a TK-6.0S MB previsously which works together very well. The old turret with the new recoil barrel is gap free just like before. You can see the new more correct length barrel.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	recoil_cannon.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.0 KB ID:	378517Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5176.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.4 KB ID:	378518

Comment

I installed the Heng Long Metal barrel recoil BB shooting unit for the M26 Pershing and M4A3 Sherman and like them. It is a simple motor activated barrel retract and return. It does not simulate the scaled momentum, recoil speed nor rebound damping. The recoil kit's time scale is completely off. It is a much welcome simple solution substitute for the tank body shaping recoil.

Comment

I installed the Heng Long Metal barrel recoil BB shooting unit for the M26 Pershing and M4A3 Sherman and like them. It is a simple motor activated barrel retract and return. It does not simulate the scaled momentum, recoil speed nor rebound damping. The recoil kit's time scale is completely off. It is a much welcome simple solution substitute for the tank body shaping recoil.
                                    So installing the recoil barrel negates the recoil tank shake feature? If so I have a few tanks to install this on.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

So installing the recoil barrel negates the recoil tank shake feature? If so I have a few tanks to install this on.
                                      No, you do not need to get the barrel recoil kit. The TK-6/7 radio have control function to disable the tank shake with button K+ S.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	145
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	378867

Comment

No, you do not need to get the barrel recoil kit. The TK-6/7 radio have control function to disable the tank shake with button K+ S.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	110.3 KB ID:	378867
                                        Thank you, yes understood.

Comment

Working...
                                        X