X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal vs plastic tracks on Challenger 2

I have read on these forums that the metal tracks can be problematic on these tanks and was wondering if the upgraded plastic tracked versions have the same issues?

Upgraded plastic track version? Isn't that an oxymoron?

While I do have two tanks with plastic tracks, most mine are metal. It's worth it to me to take the time, parts, money to get metal tracks to work.

Comment

The metal gearbox plastic tracked version that motion sells.

Comment

I consider metal gearboxes mandatory. Yes they do work fine.

Comment

I had problems with metal tracks on my Challenger. Ultimately I found that the metal ones were 2mm wider than the plastics, and bound on the sprockets which caused detracking. After trying spacers and shims unsuccessfully, I put plastic ones on. They run flawlessly. No need to tinker anymore.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Milspec1 View Post
            The metal gearbox plastic tracked version that motion sells.
            Heng Long have 3 versions of metal gearbox:
            1. Zinc alloy gears. Not acceptable
            2. TK-BX001B Steel gears with sleeve bearing. OK but less than ideal.
            3. TK-BX001C Steel gears with ball bearing. Most smooth and durable among the 3.
            Then, they also have the CNC drive gearbox that uses 540 motors and the cross drive gearbox, each costs more than the plastic version of the RC tank.

Comment

Heng Long offers five (5) versions of each tank they produce. Motion RC stocks only the top two tiers of each model, Upgrade (metal gearbox, BB, plastic tracks) and Professional (Upgrade + metal tracks).

Comment

Probably even more as some vendors have setups not offered directly by toucan

Comment

Working...
                X