X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

That is a complex design for a servo recoil. The small eMax servos are not known for handling torque loads well. So pulling against a spring and moving the weight and friction of the barrel repeatedly is asking a lot of a small servo. It also looks like he modified the servo wires from three to two. Not sure that will go over well with the Emax servo or other servos over time and use. Is it going to be supplied with the modified servo?

If you are trying to achieve servo recoil with the 7.0 MFU you may not know this, but there is a product made that allows the 7.0 MFU to be used with a servo. There is a thread about it somewhere on this forum. From what I remember it's cheap and largely plug and play simple and does not require modifications to the servo lines.

Agree! I would prefer to keep the design simple (and lean) as much as we can. The spring will help for realistic moving back but it may be too much for emax servo to handle.

Comment

He modified the Emax servo and bypassed the board inside. He connected the motor inside directly to the CN10 port. He battled with his design for 3 hours last Sunday and it was running fine. he is at the testing stage still.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
        He modified the Emax servo and bypassed the board inside. He connected the motor inside directly to the CN10 port. He battled with his design for 3 hours last Sunday and it was running fine. he is at the testing stage still.
        So is he going to supply the modified servos with the recoil unit? You know it's hard enough to get people to install a LegoDEI IR receiver let alone open up a tiny servo and attempt to rewire it. I know RichJohnson is supplying his Mod B1 and B2 recoils with new metal geared servos installed to make them practically drop in.

Seems it would just be smarter to simply install a proper MFU with normal servo inputs and a less complex design of recoil unit. Might cost a few dollars more for the new MFU, but is tried and true for reliability. The old saying "buy once cry once" comes into play with tanks more often then not when trying to work around a MFU systems limitation.

Comment

I am very impressed with this new member of our club. He joined our Irvine Club in just 3 months and he was able to come up with making this barrel recoil unit. He has bought 3 tanks so far since joining us. He even made some bases for the IR receivers in the Sherman and T34 tanks for members in our club. He gave me two. They fit perfectly into the turrets of both tanks. They look good too; much lower than where I had my LegoDEI before.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3418.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	385486

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3421.jpg
Views:	2587
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	385485 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3423.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	385487

Comment

I will need a bunch of these recoil units from RJ.

Comment

Working...
            X