X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
    The issue with the T34/76 1942 turret is how it tapers down in the front. It doesn't have a lot of room.
    I am sure if I could get JVM3D a set of good photos they could work up a recoil designed specifically for the turret. But it would cost due to design fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

I am sure if I could get JVM3D a set of good photos they could work up a recoil designed specifically for the turret. But it would cost due to design fees.
      All of us designers who create 3D printed products could likely work up a recoil unit to fit.
      LOL. I made a custom one for a Sherman, Fits all plastic 105mm, Heng Long turrets. Started from DGSSelkirk wanting a custom setup for his Resin Firefly Kits.

Comment

Not everyone is a designer. Not everyone has a printing setup.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
          Exactly this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarlath View Post

All of us designers who create 3D printed products could likely work up a recoil unit to fit.
            LOL. I made a custom one for a Sherman, Fits all plastic 105mm, Heng Long turrets. Started from DGSSelkirk wanting a custom setup for his Resin Firefly Kits.
            Ok then post the files so everyone can downloaded them for free and print their own. That would save a lot of time and effort for us all.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
              True. And they either craft their own parts, or purchase someone else's parts. Or have someone they know 3D print or otherwise make parts for them.

I was that person when I first got into RC Tanks nearly a decade ago. Luckily, my profession requires me to be a designer, and I purchased a 3D printer, because I wanted to customize my own and not pay others for parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                Ok then post the files so everyone can downloaded them for free and print their own. That would save a lot of time and effort for us all.
                No. For two reasons.
                First. Like many designers, I spend countless hours (outside of work hours BTW) designing, printing, refining, printing, refining, testing, refining, printing, testing, etc... Before I am happy with the results. Some will give their designs for free, but most do want to have some sort of ROI on those hours spent from concept to a finished in-hand product. I am in the 2nd category.

Second. I use one specific brand and colour of filament for my FDM Printer set at my specific settings. ABS shrinks when cooling, and that percentage depends on several factors. My STP files if printed in PLA/PETG or even a different colour may not fit properly because my files are tweaked to accommodate the ABS shrinkage that happens in my setup. Can I guarantee my products performance if printed by someone else? No. I do not need my "capability/reputation as a designer" degraded because someone printed my design and it doesn't work for them. This is from the wanting an ROI mentioned in the first reason. No reputation for quality = no sales.

Ask me to freely help you with anything else that does not take hours of time? No issues. Wiring, troubleshooting, minor repairs, No problem.
                Ask me for my personal IP designs? Not yet going to happen. Maybe someday, but not now.

Comment

I don't expect people to give stuff away for free. If they want to that's on them, but I also won't expect any support with a free item. If I pay for something, I do expect a level of quality control and/or support for it. Any file I purchase are for my use only and I would never sell anyone else's IP, but there are a lot of folks that don't understand IP.

I'm at a bit of a loss on this thread. I'm not sure how it went from Jarlath asking for feedback from users that bought a product he created and sells, to others trying to sell their own products in his thread?

Comment

It's a forum. People talk.
                    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Just wondering how many people use the JCC compact recoil units? And if so, what did you like/dislike? Aka feedback!

The Gen 2 versions where sold through Forgebear and DGS Selkirk Military Hobby, The Gen 4 versions through only the latter currently.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Final-Gen4.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	382597
                      Above image is the final 3D modeled version of the Gen 4 w/direct linkage and cam elevation tail options.

Plus all those Custom Firefly kit recoil versions also sold through DGS.

Feedback please.

Are your units also the same ones in the DGS Firefly kits?

Comment

Originally posted by Tang - RC.Senshado View Post

Are your units also the same ones in the DGS Firefly kits?
                        Yes. I designed and made the Firefly 3D printed parts for DGS Firefly kits. (Actually making a Sherman specific recoil kit, based upon the Firefly one).

Comment

Yes. I designed and made the Firefly 3D printed parts for DGS Firefly kits. (Actually making a Sherman specific recoil kit, based upon the Firefly one).
                          Gotcha!

I got a set with the Firefly kit so my feedback is that it works very nicely. It only needed a tiny bit of cleanup on my end but it was much less cleanup than a Clark recoil unit. I could go either way with a gear or a rod type setup and there could be a case for both setups to exist. But all in all, pleased with the one I have and its fitment to the resin turret of that kit. I modified mine just a tiny bit to fit a better servo of similar dimensions.

Not sure what you could improve other than out of the box smoothness but I'm not a designer and can't speak on the process. But that's my feedback for my 1 unit that I own haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tang - RC.Senshado View Post

Gotcha!

I got a set with the Firefly kit so my feedback is that it works very nicely. It only needed a tiny bit of cleanup on my end but it was much less cleanup than a Clark recoil unit. I could go either way with a gear or a rod type setup and there could be a case for both setups to exist. But all in all, pleased with the one I have and its fitment to the resin turret of that kit. I modified mine just a tiny bit to fit a better servo of similar dimensions.

Not sure what you could improve other than out of the box smoothness but I'm not a designer and can't speak on the process. But that's my feedback for my 1 unit that I own haha
                            Yeah. the 3D printed mounting is meant for an E-Max Servo, but DGS likes to use the super cheap blue ones. I'm not a fan, but he can deal with service issues using those plastic geared servos.
                            That Firefly recoil unit is the basis for an upcoming Sherman specific recoil unit. If I sell them, they will come with a metal geared servo.

Comment

Working...
                            X