Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Auto spell! Walterson's not boston's!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffprockl1962@gmail.com View Post
      The waltersen's motors on these transmission kits are 380, and yes you are right they are low RPM. I'm disabled and on days when I'm not out messing around with things like those 6x6s I can sit around and mess around with different things like this I really don't know if those red Motors are going to work or not what's real nice is the waltersens comes with the tool kit that has pulley pullers on it and stuff I don't know if they'll work or not I was just going to give it a shot just for the heck of it this is an old set of Transmissions and they're kind of noisy. As far as breaking on the red Motors that power source that they're sitting on top of by the way that makes those red Motors look really big it's just cuz they're forward of the Boston's Transmissions when I took that picture, I break them in and water real slowly and then I'll bring the RPMs up and down and put them in reverse and do them equally that way and but I've always broke my brush motors in in water. Then I clean them out with electrical contact cleaner then WD-40 to get any water out of it and then a dielectric silicone spray for the bearings. It's just one of those things I'm playing around with, and all the input I get from you guys helps also cuz you guys have been doing this a lot longer than I have been!
      How slow is the Walterson motor's RPM? The Tamiya 380 runs at 18000 and the Red390 at 26000 which may be too fast for the Walterson gearbox. You will need a reduction gear ratio of 56 or higher for the Pather G tank with these high RPM motors. The gearbox should have tight ball bearing spec and little play of the gears. The Heng Xin or Taigen/Torro gearbox meet the requirements.

Comment

I haven't put either one of them on my RPM meter to check how fast those Motors run yet I don't believe the red motor is going to work I think they're too big but right now I'm in the middle of something else the walterson's come with three different opinion years the one in the picture is is the smallest opinion gear so anything above that will just like you say make you go faster and faster. I have a brand new set that's never been run of the waltersons which is all going to that Panther G when I do it. I'll let you know when I do an RPM check on those Motors though talk to you soon bye.

Comment

Working...
        X