You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For how long can the Heng long smoke generator work after not putting smoke oil for a while?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For how long can the Heng long smoke generator work after not putting smoke oil for a while?

How long can the Heng long smoke generator work after not using the smoke generator for a while?

It won't work at all with no smoke oil. 🤣

Comment

One of the reasons I stopped using them. Forget to turn them off and they run dry in a 20 minute battle = melted heating element that needs to be replaced. Also sucks when you need to turn your tank upside-down and it has some fluid left in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarlath View Post
        One of the reasons I stopped using them. Forget to turn them off and they run dry in a 20 minute battle = melted heating element that needs to be replaced. Also sucks when you need to turn your tank upside-down and it has some fluid left in it.
        When the HL fan smokers first came out one of our club members in FL got one and put it in a Tiger 1, when it ran out of smoker fluid, the darn thing melted, caught on fire and burned up the upper hull on the tank. He had to douse it with a hose, luckily he was in hos backyard with it at the time.

Comment

I removed all the smoke generators from all my 1:16 scale RC tanks. Engine does not generate white smoke.

Comment

Comment

That's why I preface my tanks don't smoke statement with smoke on startup or running badly. Some will smoke at wide open throttle like the M60. That Sherman sounds like it's using the 9 cylinder radial engine. You can damage the engine from starting it without cranking it by hand to even out the oil in the cylinders as it drains to the lower jugs. The smoking also subsided a lot after it was running for a bit which probably means it was burning the oil off from sitting.

Comment

Working...
              X