X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T34/85 smoker doesn't fit back

Recently I opened my Heng Long T34/85 because of some turret problems. While opening the tank I had to disconnect the smoker from the ports. After fixing the issue I couldn't fit the smoker back in. I tried to find videos of T34/85 tear downs but found nothing about reconnecting the smoker or the smoker not fitting. I got the tank from Amewi, and it was also missing one tube connection to the exhaust pipe.
    Thanks for your time,
    Kendusan28

Probably going to need some pics of whats going on inside there. The smoker is a tight fit in the T34

Comment

Thanks a lot for replying HDMM. I have 2 pictures, one of the tank opened, and one of where I think the smoker goes, I have bought new smoke pipes.
      If you need anymore photos you can ask.
      Thanks a lot again,
      Kendusan28

Comment

OK, I see now you’re trying to fit the smoker in the lower hull, I think It actually mounts to the upper half of the hull so that it can can to the elbows. Yes it’s a little weird but that’s how mine was that I has a few years ago. Although I think that was before they came out with the fan smoke unit. If it won’t screw into that spot between the gearbox I think maybe the tubes just kinda keep it in place. Sorry I’m not much help. I don’t think I have an opened up a henglong T 34 with a fan smoker in probably two years the last time I worked on one for somebody.

Comment

Thanks for the tip HDMM, I'll try it out and report the results

Comment

Smoker in the T34 mounts on the upper hull but is not secured by anything.. (Just the tube connections, IIRC).

Comment

When I try to place it in it fits, but once I try to fit back the upper hull it gets stuck, I believe its obstructed by the motors. Another question, would it be worth trying out the metal small smoker from Heng Long?

Comment

Originally posted by Kendusan28 View Post
                When I try to place it in it fits, but once I try to fit back the upper hull it gets stuck, I believe its obstructed by the motors. Another question, would it be worth trying out the metal small smoker from Heng Long?
                I just opened mine to check.

Jarlath is right, it is not mounted to the lower hull.

You'll need to put the upper hull on by starting it back a little then moving it forward to match up with the lower, so that the smoker motor which is on the upper hull slides under the motors.
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thanks for the tip, it works!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarlath View Post
                    Smoker in the T34 mounts on the upper hull but is not secured by anything.. (Just the tube connections, IIRC).
                    That's what I though as well, been awhile since I've had a HL T34, but even my Taigen one was mounted up top, just held in place by the tubes.

Comment

What I did was to move the smoker to the front of the hull ,connected the exhausts with a T joint from a aquarium pump and ran a long hose back to the smoke unit. I then attached a short hose to the other outlet and fill it through the drivers hatch

Comment

Hi Sappo!
                        Could you please send a picture, the mod sounds very interesting. Im considering doing it my self.

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get back with the pictures of the t34 smoker,,as you can see there is a T joint at the back connecting the twin exhausts with a long hose coming forward to connect with the unit. Very easy to do. Excuse the Q tip plug in the filler hose, was all I had at the time and have never changed it
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the picture! What is that smoker? Is it the metal one?

Comment

Yeah, it's a after market one. Unfortunately I can't remember where I got it, I think it was Ali Express

Comment

Looked up my purchase records, look for the store, Tank Zang on Ali Express

Comment

Working...
                                X