X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Barrel Recoil

Hi all. Does anyone know how to change the recoil timing on Heng long tanks? Specifically the t90 7.0? The timing of the recoil is Awful stock. Currently it recoils then shoots. I want to get it so it recoils as soon as the bb’s shoot or very soon after. I’m new to the whole modification side of the hobby so any info is much appreciated <3

There is no way to adjust recoil timing stock. To do so you need an aftermarket board and recoil unit

Comment

I see. Do you have any recommendations for boards and units? Or even how to go about installing it in the first place? -Thanks

Comment

The recoil is like that because it's part of the BB firing system unfortunately. You can get a henglong servo recoil unit rom various places such as Forgebear Tanks, Aliexpress, Ebay, etc. You'll need to use a TK7.1 board because it has a servo recoil port. That would be the easiest and least expensive swap. Otherwise you can look at a TK26 board and transmitter from Toucan (which is much better in my opinion than the HL 7 series) or your looking at a Clarak board like a TK50 and a Flysky transmitter (the most expensive option)

Comment

Originally posted by Swarm-_-Intell View Post
          I see. Do you have any recommendations for boards and units? Or even how to go about installing it in the first place? -Thanks
          What would be the advantages of upgrading a HL TK-7.0 RC tank to the TK-7.1 MFCU system? And what would be the dis-advantages of upgrading a HL TK-7.0 RC tank to the TK-7.1 MFCU system? I know there are advancements in controlling of added electronic system parts in the TK-7.1 MFCU system, but how would it work with and advance

Please check on post #22 and post #29

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

Please check on post #22 and post #29
            Your current post is post #5.​ There is no post #22 and post #29.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

Your current post is post #5.​ There is no post #22 and post #29.
              That's because your supposed to click on the link that he imbedded which goes to another discussion thread. It shows a couple links for servo signal converters. Those can plug into the board and convert the HL signal to be compatible to operate a servo on the stock board. I didn't mention them because they are usually hard to find (both links are for germany) and for some users, it's easier to get a differnt motherboard or upgrade.

Comment

And it only works with the 7.0 HL board. I tested it on 3 of my 6.0 HL boards and none of them worked.

I intend to convert about 20 of my HL tanks to have their barrels recoiled. These little boards only cost me $12 each with shipping included from Germany. If I get the 7.1 boards for these 20 tanks, I am looking at $1500 instead of $240; ouch :-)

Comment

Working...
                X