X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/24 Heng Long Abrams throws treads

Does anyone have experience with the Heng Long 1/24 tanks? I bought one on a whim and it's a fun little toy and handles great on smooth surfaces, but quickly throws the left thread (only the left) on any kind of carpet. I can't find any obvious difference between the left and right sprockets or tread tensions.

Originally posted by Writerrhino View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Heng Long 1/24 tanks? I bought one on a whim and it's a fun little toy and handles great on smooth surfaces, but quickly throws the left thread (only the left) on any kind of carpet. I can't find any obvious difference between the left and right sprockets or tread tensions.
    Most likely one side is slightly tighter then the other. Track tension is critical on tanks especially if you drive them on carpet. Unfortunately your 1/24 scale tank does not have track tensioners and so the problem will only remain and get worst as both tracks "stretch" (wear in).

Comment

Originally posted by Writerrhino View Post
      Did you try it on a flat, but unfinished concrete surface? If it does not throw track there, it delivers what it means to do. I have several 1:24 scale Marui, VS Tank and ToyEase RTR tanks before I jumped to 1:16 scale. The smaller scale was meant for leveled surface only. Mine used to run fine on carpet.

You can prove @Rubincon99 theory by swapping the left and right track. If it throws track on the right side after swapping, you find the source of the problem. Marui made a 1:24 scale Abrams, but stopped production years ago. Their track may be higher quality if you can locate one.

Comment

Working...
      X