X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long Tiger 1 Forum.

I have a few Tiger one related questions I would like to ask. The first being; how do you add smoke, and flash, to the main gun and the machine gun? Also are the full steel bb firing mechanisms worth it? The next question is how high of a T motor can the stock metal gearboxes handle; I’m intending to make this a slow tank with tons of torque to boot. Thanks for helping me out!

Firstly. Is this to the existing tank, which has broken, or a new tank? I see from your tags that it is a Heng Long. If so which board do you have: i.e. 6.0, 6.1, 70, 7,1?
    There are kits available to add cannon smoke and flash, which will plug into the above boards. I like, and use kits from RC Tank Legion. No connection to them, other than a satisfied customer. I am not aware of any that will do the machine gun as well. Probably someone, somewhere has done it. You will probably have to remove the BB mechanism, as the smoke tube and flash wire pass down the barrel, so preventing the BB passing down. This kind of negates your second question. You can have one or the other. I am happy to be proved wrong.
    I will let more knowledgeable people advise you about gear boxes and motors.

Comment

Originally posted by Quakinking1 View Post

I have a few Tiger one related questions I would like to ask. The first being; how do you add smoke, and flash, to the main gun and the machine gun? Also are the full steel bb firing mechanisms worth it? The next question is how high of a T motor can the stock metal gearboxes handle; I’m intending to make this a slow tank with tons of torque to boot. Thanks for helping me out!
      I have been doing tanks a very very very long time and I have yet to see a "metal" BB firing unit. Are you sure you are not mistaking the metal servo HL recoil unit for a BB firing one. The servo recoil does not fire BBs.

I could have missed some "newly released" product. It would help to answer your questions if you posted a photo of the "metal" BB unit you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

I have been doing tanks a very very very long time and I have yet to see a "metal" BB firing unit. Are you sure you are not mistaking the metal servo HL recoil unit for a BB firing one. The servo recoil does not fire BBs.

I could have missed some "newly released" product. It would help to answer your questions if you posted a photo of the "metal" BB unit you are talking about.
        One of my friends has a few of them. I’ve also seen some of them for sale, very uncommon though. I’ll try to scour the web for an image.

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
          Firstly. Is this to the existing tank, which has broken, or a new tank? I see from your tags that it is a Heng Long. If so which board do you have: i.e. 6.0, 6.1, 70, 7,1?
          There are kits available to add cannon smoke and flash, which will plug into the above boards. I like, and use kits from RC Tank Legion. No connection to them, other than a satisfied customer. I am not aware of any that will do the machine gun as well. Probably someone, somewhere has done it. You will probably have to remove the BB mechanism, as the smoke tube and flash wire pass down the barrel, so preventing the BB passing down. This kind of negates your second question. You can have one or the other. I am happy to be proved wrong.
          I will let more knowledgeable people advise you about gear boxes and motors.
          I’m thinking about getting a heng Long Tiger 1, so it would be a new tank. Also it’s 7.0. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Some Heng Long sells sells "Henglong Metal Recoil Barrel BB Shooting Unit For 1/16​ Tiger 1". The metal refers to the barrel material, not the BB. They are trigger motor recoil, not servo recoil. I have not seen a "full steel bb firing mechanisms". I will not be surprised that the original poster got them mix up.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

Some Heng Long sells sells "Henglong Metal Recoil Barrel BB Shooting Unit For 1/16​ Tiger 1". The metal refers to the barrel material, not the BB. They are trigger motor recoil, not servo recoil. I have not seen a "full steel bb firing mechanisms". I will not be surprised that the original poster got them mix up.
              Yes that is what I presume too. My understanding is the OP is young and learning so he is at least trying.

Comment

Quakinking. I applaud that as a young person and are trying. And asking questions.
                I, myself am old, but relatively new to this 1/16 RC modelling. Also I am UK based, so this affects where I look for parts. However others on here will recommend US suppliers. I will give you some suggestions of UK, European, and far East suppliers later.
                If I my give you some advice so do do not make the same expensive mistakes I made. And at 14 I never listened to my elders.
                1) You have done the right thing, by buying a Tiger. Plenty of upgrades, and parts for it. There used to be plenty to correct on these, which will help you develop skills at little cost. Like the the barrel which is shown in the recoiled position.
                2) Buy the pro version with the metal gear boxes, idlers, and sprockets.
                3) Learn how to take it apart, and what electronics are in it.
                4) Do not rush. Decide how you will be using the model, as this may affect what you install. I.e running around the garden, tank battles, shelf queen. This will help you decide what functions you actually want in the tank.
                5) Do one modification at a time.

Personally, I would correct the faults, on the model first. One modification at a time. When I get time I will list them about the Tiger for you. I removed the BB system, as small plastic balls annoy me, and are not good for the environment. I know you can get biodegradable ones. Fit a proper barrel recoil. The Heng Long one you looked at look rubbish. I fitted on and used it twice. Fit your cannon smoke and flash. Drive it, brake it, mend it and upgrade what has broken.

Regards Ian

Comment

Quakinking. I applaud that as a young person and are trying. And asking questions.

If I my give you some advice so do do not make the same expensive mistakes I made. And at 14 I never listened to my elders.
                  I can't afford a Heng Long RC tank until I was 50+. I avoided the mistake of not listening to elders. Tiger 1 was my first HL. I made many expensive mistakes buying from German vendors. In the early 2000, Germany was the hot bed of RC tanks and the only sources of metal upgrade parts. The RC tank hobby has come a long way. Today, metal upgrade parts are cheap, plenty of choice and high quality if you listen to the more experienced tankers and not making assumption yourself.

Comment

Yes that is what I presume too. My understanding is the OP is young and learning so he is at least trying.
                    Turns out it was just the recoil unit… thanks for the help!

Comment

I, myself am old, but relatively new to this 1/16 RC modelling. Also I am UK based, so this affects where I look for parts. However others on here will recommend US suppliers. I will give you some suggestions of UK, European, and far East suppliers later.
                      1) You have done the right thing, by buying a Tiger. Plenty of upgrades, and parts for it. There used to be plenty to correct on these, which will help you develop skills at little cost. Like the the barrel which is shown in the recoiled position.
                      2) Buy the pro version with the metal gear boxes, idlers, and sprockets.
                      3) Learn how to take it apart, and what electronics are in it.
                      4) Do not rush. Decide how you will be using the model, as this may affect what you install. I.e running around the garden, tank battles, shelf queen. This will help you decide what functions you actually want in the tank.
                      5) Do one modification at a time.

Personally, I would correct the faults, on the model first. One modification at a time. When I get time I will list them about the Tiger for you. I removed the BB system, as small plastic balls annoy me, and are not good for the environment. I know you can get biodegradable ones. Fit a proper barrel recoil. The Heng Long one you looked at look rubbish. I fitted on and used it twice. Fit your cannon smoke and flash. Drive it, brake it, mend it and upgrade what has broken.

Regards Ian

Haha you actually said almost everything I’m doing, and I really appreciate all the help you have been supplying! And if I were to shoot it I would use the biodegradable bb’s. Not only are they better for the environment, but I don’t have to retrieve the, this way. Also I’m asking my parents for this upgraded version for Christmas;

video is for reference only Item Condition: New and maybe some tanks are refitted(upgraded) by us(if you mind, please ask first before buying), so please read carefully before purchasing. If you need me to upgrade your tank, we would like to help. After Sale Service: If u have got a broken tank caused by shipping, plea

Also I plan to use the tank in a scale realism, crawling, and battling manner. So I’m going for durability, scale accuracy, functionality, and torque.

I plan to turn all of the mechanical parts thst make it drive such as the, suspension/ suspension arms, the bearings, ground wheels, and such once I acquire the tank. Sorry if I don’t answer back immediately, I’m probably doing school, or working out. Thanks!

Comment

Looks very good. I would contact the supplier and ask for an upgrade to 7.1 board, or see if there is one with a 7.1 board, as this will make fitting servo operated equipment easier.

Comment

Haha you actually said almost everything I’m doing, and I really appreciate all the help you have been supplying! And if I were to shoot it I would use the biodegradable bb’s. Not only are they better for the environment, but I don’t have to retrieve the, this way. Also I’m asking my parents for this upgraded version for Christmas;

video is for reference only Item Condition: New and maybe some tanks are refitted(upgraded) by us(if you mind, please ask first before buying), so please read carefully before purchasing. If you need me to upgrade your tank, we would like to help. After Sale Service: If u have got a broken tank caused by shipping, plea

Also I plan to use the tank in a scale realism, crawling, and battling manner. So I’m going for durability, scale accuracy, functionality, and torque.

I plan to turn all of the mechanical parts thst make it drive such as the, suspension/ suspension arms, the bearings, ground wheels, and such once I acquire the tank. Sorry if I don’t answer back immediately, I’m probably doing school, or working out. Thanks!

Good morning, just be aware that the Tiger you listed is Not U.S. inventory.

When I checked it out it applied $103. for shipping. So now the price is $237. and factor in how long it may take from the Far East to get to you.

Just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

When I checked it out it applied $103. for shipping. So now the price is $237. and factor in how long it may take from the Far East to get to you.

Just FYI.
                            No sure why he wants to get the Tiger 1 from Toucan Hobby in China. They have a US warehouse that sells at a lower price.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

Just FYI.
                              I didn’t know shipping was that much…l I look for a us stock Tiger one

Comment

I’m begging to explore other tank options, (I take back what I said about not getting multiple). All of these tanks are henglong, Tiger 1, panzer III, m4a3 Sherman, and the m1a2 Abraham’s. These are all the options I’m looking at;

Tiger 1;

Panzer 3;

Item Condition: New and maybe some tanks are refitted(upgraded) by us(if you mind, please ask first before buying), so please read carefully before purchasing. If you need me to upgrade your tank, we would like to help. After Sale Service: If u have got a broken tank caused by shipping, please let me know first, we kno

m4a3 Sherman;

m1a2 Abraham’s;

Warning: HengLong RC tank is hobby grade but not toy grade, we expect our buyer is capable of learning how to maintain this tank, coz the tank parts will wear and get glitches in running. Lacking manipulative ability will reduce your enjoyment of playing the tank. Only suitable for players with manipulative ability, No

And as always, thanks for your time!

Comment

I didn’t know shipping was that much…l I look for a us stock Tiger one
                                  The high cost of shipping large package from China is only half of the problem. The $103 is likely for using sea mail which takes 2-3 months to arrive. The RC tank is much more likely to sustain some damage during the long journey. The air mail will likely to cost more than double.

You stick with your shipped from China link for the Panzer 3, Sherman and Abrams which do not solve the problem.

Comment

The high cost of shipping large package from China is only half of the problem. The $103 is likely for using sea mail which takes 2-3 months to arrive. The RC tank is much more likely to sustain some damage during the long journey. The air mail will likely to cost more than double.

You stick with your shipped from China link for the Panzer 3, Sherman and Abrams which do not solve the problem.
                                    Help the wee loon oot with suggestions from where to buy in America. I don’t know what the shipping costs are from the UK, but I would suggest looking at Forgebear for a start.

Comment

It says us stock…. How would it be shipped from China?

Comment

Help the wee loon oot with suggestions from where to buy in America. I don’t know what the shipping costs are from the UK, but I would suggest looking at Forgebear for a start.
                                        Haha, thanks for the suggestion, but my mom wouldn’t be apt to deal with pounds.

Comment

Working...
                                        X