Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genius or Insanity?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More custom product incoming from JVM3DConcepts. Warhammer tanks have to have side sponsons, they just have to. This is from a file on CGTrader, scaled up to 1/16. (JVM make superior prints of files, but they observe the correct file copyright protocol. The customer has to purchase or own the file.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Development 26.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.6 KB ID:	395266 Click image for larger version  Name:	Development 28.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.2 KB ID:	395267 Click image for larger version  Name:	Development 31.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	395268
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Maybe when mine is done you can show it to the blokes in Nottingham, to get them to upscale one of theirs..
      Maybe when you have finished it, you could send it me, so I could show them it in person? That of course could take some time, as I no longer live near there. I would of course need to keep it, for them to inspect at their convenience.

This is a brilliant build.

Comment

A couple more detail teasers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Development 33.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	395600 Click image for larger version

Name:	Development 34.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	395601 Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Bradley Detail 09.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	395602

Comment

It's been a while! Here are two more progress photos. I originally was planning on putting actual twin lasers in the main barrels, but they would not light up evenly. Besides, there's one in the missile launcher! Weathering is being applied, main lasguns now are lit, decals are added and the sponsons are painted and mounted. I'm planning something random for them, but that's in the future. Still a long ways to go...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Predator Detail 07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.2 KB ID:	397037 Click image for larger version  Name:	Predator Detail 06.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.3 KB ID:	397036

Comment

It's been a while! Here are two more progress photos. I originally was planning on putting actual twin lasers in the main barrels, but they would not light up evenly. Besides, there's one in the missile launcher! Weathering is being applied, main lasguns now are lit, decals are added and the sponsons are painted and mounted. I'm planning something random for them, but that's in the future. Still a long ways to go...

Click image for larger version Name:	Predator Detail 07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.2 KB ID:	397037 Click image for larger version Name:	Predator Detail 06.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.3 KB ID:	397036
            LOVE IT!!!!

Comment

Almost done...just some needed touch ups that became apparent when reviewing the photos.

Name:	IMG_0731.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	374.9 KB
ID:	397494

Name:	IMG_0729.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	397495

Name:	IMG_0730.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	397496

Name:	IMG_0732.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	397497

Comment

Almost done...just some needed touch ups that became apparent when reviewing the photos.

Name:	IMG_0731.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	374.9 KB
ID:	397494

Name:	IMG_0729.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	397495

Name:	IMG_0730.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	397496

Name:	IMG_0732.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	397497
                That look fantastic! It will be fun to see on the battle field and hopefully inspire the younger players to have some fun with building something different and "out of the box".

Comment

"Behold the fully operational deathstar!" Sorry, couldn't find a better quote. The Space Marine Bradley debuted at the SoCalRCTank event on 2/24. The kids liked it, but it brought some adult Warhammer fans out of the shadows too! (Photos courtesy of DavidN.)

Comment

A really short clip showing the various lights - main cannon, sponson guns and laser designator. (The cannon LEDs weren't secured at the time, so they don't look like lined up. Since remedied.)

Comment

Working...
                    X