X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said I was gonna do it.

So started work on the mickey mouse turret. Think I've made good progress so far.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-20 151200.png Views:	0 Size:	256.7 KB ID:	395392 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-21 021056.png Views:	0 Size:	374.3 KB ID:	395393 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-21 021015.png Views:	0 Size:	423.4 KB ID:	395394

Looking forward to seeing Mickey Mouse come alive! Great job so far. Where did you get the realistic head lamp for the T34, stock one looks miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendusan28 View Post
      Looking forward to seeing Mickey Mouse come alive! Great job so far. Where did you get the realistic head lamp for the T34, stock one looks miserable.
      That is the stock head lamp. I just took off the front, replaced the bulb with a warm white one and filled it with hot glue to diffuse it. If I ever get around to ordering clear resin I'll print some glass for it.

Comment

Just a random question. Are you making the 57 or the 76? Based on the barrel length it’s the 57 right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kendusan28 View Post
          Just a random question. Are you making the 57 or the 76? Based on the barrel length it’s the 57 right?
          bore was modelled for the 76mm but the length might be wrong. would have to go over the blueprints again, may have the length wrong

Comment

Comment

Any chance you’ll make the files available? I bought a -76 turret from eBay a while back. It was a pirated mold from a plastic kit. Would love to redo it. Oh, I love your hot glue light lens mod. I’ll definitely be using it.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Wikipedia says the F-34/ZIS-5 gun is 3.2 meters long so in scale it should be about 20 cm (seems kind of odd). If it’s after the other 76 (L11) it’s 2.3 meters, and in scale should be 14.3 cm.

Comment

If this is the 1942 modification it will be using the F-34 gun, so the barrel length should be 20cm, from the breech. And the breech is located in that bit that sticks out.

Comment

Are those measurements from breech to muzzle? Oops, you answered while I was typing..

Comment

As per german naming it'd the 76D "mickey mouse" and as for barrel length I got 200m millimeters as well but looking at pictures and info on this site the barrel isn't that long

comparing the length to length with gun its only a difference of 65cm. Click image for larger version

Name:	59f5b0c7f199f96c5a4e07cb0c4ea440.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	395422

As for making the files available we shall see. Dont really want to put something out there that takes a lot of work to get right so well see if I can make this in way that anyone can just print and glue with no extra bull. A level 1 model if you will

Comment

ok update time!

so did some work on detailing and getting this ready for use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-22 025957.png
Views:	191
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	395462

first the gun breech. so opened it up inside for the IR emitter to slide in behind the elevation arm.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-22 030115.png
Views:	173
Size:	524.5 KB
ID:	395463

heres the top of the turret both hatches open as you can see and the commander hatch has fittings for the IR receiver board

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-22 030132.png
Views:	173
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	395464

both hatches have hinges with stopper blocks for that mickey mouse look, hinge itself uses a .5mm rod so track pin should work

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-22 030153.png
Views:	171
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	395465

added screw bosses for attaching the elevation motor and mating the two halves of the turret. here you can also see the screw holes and opening for the IR receiver as well as the elevation arm from the mantlet to the elevation motor.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-22 030247.png
Views:	181
Size:	510.2 KB
ID:	395466

and finally the turret bottom, not much here just screw holes for mating the turret halves and you can see the turret ring has screw bosses as well. there is also a notch to make sure the two pieces of the bottom mate together straight

Comment

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-22 031612.png
Views:	190
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	395468

Comment

Wow, a lot of great detail!

Comment

and im gonna say thats done.

all thats left is to print everything i can on the fdm and the rest when it warms up enough to use the resin printer, put it all together and see what needs adjusting

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-22 090703.png
Views:	176
Size:	553.0 KB
ID:	395474 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-22 090721.png
Views:	154
Size:	584.0 KB
ID:	395475

Comment

DISNEYLAND

Comment

so im calling this done, removed the side vision ports cause they added artifacts i didnt like, i'll probably make them a separate part to print and glue on but for now she g2g.

simple T-34/76 conversion turret for heng long tanks. this uses the the elevation motor, IR receiver, screws and, IR emitter from your tank with no modifications needed. for the hinges you will need one track pin. tools required are -glue -cutters for track pin -hand drill for cleaning up the hinges, or just heat and force

Comment

Working...
                                  X