X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with TK50 movement

Hi guys, got a brand new mato king tiger and installed the clark tk50 with SBUS as well as the flysky 10Ch remote. Main issue is that it seems to run pretty fast and either takes super wide turns or just pivot turns. Would like to figure out how to slow it down and get it to make tighter turns if anyone has experience with these systems if they can be fine tuned on the transmitter I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Do you have the Sony programming remote kit and/or a battle system for your tank? If not, then there is no way to change it. If you do then there are track mixer settings you can change to eliminate the "super spin" or neutral turn function. Other modes are there to adjust how the tank drives. I have most of my WW2 tanks set to disable the neutral turns as most WW2 tanks could not perform them.

Comment

Yes I bought the remote and will try changing it when I get the chance, hopefully can figure it out. My HL 7.0 for my tiger one drives really slow and provides lots of different turning speeds as well as the neutral turns, just hoping I can emulate that. Just looking for a little more realism. Cheers 🍻

Comment

Tank Personalization

Settings/parameters of TK series board can be changed/tuned by specific procedures

Hardware needed
        1. IR configuration remote as IR command transmitter,
        2. TAMIYA battle unit(TBU), Heng-Leog battle unit(HBU), or our IR configuration line as IR command receiver. picture below is IR configuration line

Steps to change settings
        STEP 1: Turn power off, Turn power off, Turn power off,

STEP 2: Plug programming line/TBU through TBU/HBU base into CN2 Infrared Port ,

STEP 3: Install a jumper to J2 as shown below, Turn power on,

Click image for larger version

Name:	jumper2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	395931

STEP 4:Refer to function table listed below, point IR configuration remote to TBU/HBU/Programming line receiver, and press the button of setting that you want to change, "*" sign in function table means the default setting that is programmed in factory

STEP 5: Indicator on TBU/HBU flashes according to new setting value.

STEP 6: turn power off, remove jumper on J2, then turn power on and TK board runs with new settings.

The setting you are looking for is probably Mixer 4:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mixer mode.png
Views:	131
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	395930

Comment

Thanks for the reply and info, I tried this and has negligible impact, I'm thinking the tank is just too heavy, I removed the upper hull and turret to test the mixers and it moved amazingly just on the 1st default setting. When fuly assembled and put on the #4 mix setting it still has hard time turning and almost will never turn with just one track or turning at low speed. Runs pretty good going straight though.

Comment

What is the gear ratio? Maybe needs more torque. Not sure what gear set Mato uses stock. The 5 to 1 is the aftermarket version.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
              What is the gear ratio? Maybe needs more torque. Not sure what gear set Mato uses stock. The 5 to 1 is the aftermarket version.
              It came with the 5:1 gearboxes,

Comment

This and a few other post were from rc universe awhile ago. Seems the torque of a 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 makes for unrealistic speed. Perhaps that is more of an issue then the weight. My Torro Panzer IV is HEAVY but kinda zips around with a clark tk 50 board. I never really thought about it being too fast and it turns fine.
                RC Tanks - Actual Ratios for RC Tank Gearboxes - 3:1, 4:1, 5:1, what do they mean? As a newb, I have struggled most with which gearboxes to put in my tanks. So I'm creating this thread to shine some light on the performance of various gearbox options. I hope others will also contribute to help expand the collective
                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Yea they are really confusing, I'm thinking this Mato 5:1 might really underpowered for an all metal tank the size and weight of king tiger, might be able to get away with a all metal Tiger 1. I'm using a tiagen 7:1 in my metal/plastic tiger one and it works like a champ, crawls like an actual tank and powers the tight turns easy. They say that the Taigen 4:1 is actually a bit slower and has more torque so I'd be curious about how a 4:1 Taigen would compare to a 5:1 mato

Comment

I'm running a TK50ESP in my metal Taigen Tiger 1 Mid. It drives great. Totally realistic speed and acceleration. It's a heavy tank although nothing like Mato full metal KT. It has 4.1s. I'm experimenting with some Taigen 5.1's in my Tiger 1 Late with the V3 board. Runs fine. It is waiting to be upgraded to another TK50ESP so it should be interesting to see in comparison. I also run a metal Sturmtiger with a TK22A with Taigen 4.1s and it might be my best running tank of all. Realistic speed and tons of torque

Comment

Originally posted by Panzermechaniker View Post
                      I'm running a TK50ESP in my metal Taigen Tiger 1 Mid. It drives great. Totally realistic speed and acceleration. It's a heavy tank although nothing like Mato full metal KT. It has 4.1s. I'm experimenting with some Taigen 5.1's in my Tiger 1 Late with the V3 board. Runs fine. It is waiting to be upgraded to another TK50ESP so it should be interesting to see in comparison. I also run a metal Sturmtiger with a TK22A with Taigen 4.1s and it might be my best running tank of all. Realistic speed and tons of torque
                      From what I've researched so far the Mato 5:1 run at a really disappointing 46:1 ratio while the Taigen 4:1 actually run at 90:1. If this is correct and I can mount a 4:1 in there I will asap! I am also running a taigen tiger with the 7:1 and love it even though they are a tiny bit faster than a 4:1. I want the realism feel over anything

Comment

When you set it to mixer 4 you have adjust the way you drive. It takes a little getting used to as you have to plan for the turn a little more. Just moving the stick to the left or right does nothing in that mode, you have to add throttle. It's supposed to mimic the actual tank motion better as it isolates each track during a turn. So when I want to turn, I move to the left then add throttle. I don't think it's too heavy. I have really heavy tanks and no problems with turning using the Clark. My SU-152 has metal tracks, metal hull, metal sprockets, metal wheels, heavy aluminum barrel, metal idlers, and the upper casemate has a 1/4" of resin poured in it to stop it from warping in the sun. It weighs a lot.

Comment

Working...
                        X