Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooben Porsche Tiger I

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooben Porsche Tiger I

My work since last weekend. The 1/35 scale Tiger is next to it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_E4722.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.7 KB ID:	399768 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4906.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.8 KB ID:	399769

You will have to let us know if it runs well...

Comment

The spec looks wonderful. Can you describe the radio and other components you ordered with the tank kit? Can't wait to see your test report.
      Please Note: Due to logistical reasons, we do not ship batteries and chargers. If you need, please remark in the order Features: Metal Gearbox, Metal Sprocket and Idler,Metal Suspension Master Hand-made Durable to meet the test of harsh conditions,Hight-torque metal gearbox with self-lock one way transmission system Th

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
        The spec looks wonderful. Can you describe the radio and other components you ordered with the tank kit? Can't wait to see your test report.
        https://www.hooben-shop.com/collecti...orsche-rc-tank
        I only ordered the kits for $265. It does not come with the remote control radio, board, speaker, or smoke unit. I haven't decided which type of board is best for it yet. I will try different types and see which will be suitable for it. It does have the nice gearboxes, 2 motor units for turret rotation and barrel elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
          I only ordered the kits for $265. It does not come with the remote control radio, board, speaker, or smoke unit. I haven't decided which type of board is best for it yet. I will try different types and see which will be suitable for it. It does have the nice gearboxes, 2 motor units for turret rotation and barrel elevation.
          The Hooben RC tank kit is far above my budget level. Very curious on how you could order the tank kit at about half of the MSRP?

My only Hooben experience is a pair of nylon tracks and sprocket that I use on a Heng Long IDF Merkava. It looks better and works much better than the HL metal track system. The Hooben track is a double pin with totally enclosed pin design.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5286.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	399842 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5288.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	399839 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5287.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	399838 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5271.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	399840 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5290.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	399841

Comment

Twin-Horse online retail company gave my SoCal RC Tank Club a special deal on their tanks because we promote their products and name at our tank battle event. Our members saved $ as we bought many Hooben and Tongde tanks from them.

Name:	GROUP WITH TANKS.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	399892

Comment

Cosmetic work is done. Next weeek's work: board installation, lights, turret rotation, barrel elevation and recoil.

Name:	IMG_9349.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	400142 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9346.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	400143

Comment

Name:	IMG_9350.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	400145 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9355.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	400146

Comment

Name:	IMG_9356.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	400148 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9352.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	400149

Comment

That IS pretty cool David, nice work!

Comment

Are the tank models that you have bought from them (other than the Fury) made of 3d printed resin?
                      I ask because the Merkava and Leopard 1a5 I have bought from them are and the bodies are very fragile, and the merkava is largely unbraced inside and the turret sagged alot as it got soft in sun and heat and the body would break just trying to get into the tank. On both I had to replace all the bearings in the transmissions as they litterally just fell apart. The leoprd broke a trany shaft because it lost a bearing on the shaft. The merkava is the single tank I have had to continiously work on to keep it running, like all the time. Its a maintenance nightmare and because its so fragile its even harder to work on.
                      The leopard I ordered with metal arms and sprockets so it cost a lot more but it was worth it. I drive it alot and enjoy it. The merkava I had to make all new arms for it as they kept breaking. I could go on and on but I have threads over on RCU about each tank.
                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

This Porsche Tiger kit is mostly plastic. It is similar to a Tamiya kit with lower quality mold and poor instruction. It had many nuts, bolts and screws for the running gears similar to Tamiya. I use plastic cement to attach parts together. I put the TK26 board inside. It runs fine today. The testing video clip was loaded in our SoCal RC Tank Club page on FB.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4938.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.7 KB ID:	400318

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4939.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.4 KB ID:	400320

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4892.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.0 KB ID:	400319

Comment

Working...
                        X