Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Baysim! You did a fantastic job, looks really sharp . Makes me wanna build another......

Cheers
    Kurt

Comment

Working into the night with the Arocs and the excavator moving scale boulders mixed with loose dirt. Glad both units have lights!! My pic with the backup lights didn’t turn out but these backup lights are incredibly bright like the headlights and so backing when it’s completely dark is no issue. And it was a really dark night!

Comment

B8, TOO MUCH FUN!! Lookin' good, Sir. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Mercedes Benz Arocs speed numbers.
          got these off my GPS on smooth pavement making the passes in both directions.

1st gear: 3.1MPH = 43.4 scale mph.
          2nd gear: 5.5 MPH = 77.0 scale mph.
          3rd gear: 9.0 MPH = 126.0 scale mph.

When I do longer hauls using the sidewalk or road I will jump into 2nd gear and use throttle management. I always start in first gear especially with a load. I Never hit third gear with a load as it’s too fast and can cause overheating of the electrical system. But now and then I like to take it on the open road and open it up. Since this truck is so scale you really get the sense of the scale speed it’s going. Very fast!

My King Hauler is quite a bit faster and those numbers are posted over there on the king hauler page so check them out if you haven’t already. There’s few more pics over there too.

Comment

Alpha i know how you have been liking the photos of full scale next to Fun scale models. I was on a virtual train ride in Switzerland and noticed this construction equipment. This poor quality photo was taken off my tv but I still found it to be really cool.

Comment

New guy here, and a very amateur builder, have built a Grand Hauler, now attempting the AROCS 3348 tipper truck. Here is my question, can this truck be built using the electric actuator kit , without an MFC unit, and just use the toggle switch to raise and lower box manually. Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

Comment

Flexible absolutely. That would be no problem at all. You can use just the switch or use a open channel on your receiver depending on how many channels you have if using a three or more channel transmitter.

Comment

Flexible by the way excited to have you in the hobby and joining in the fun on hobbysquawk. Look forward to seeing some of your pics of your builds. Any more questions feel free to ask. There’s allot of talent in these forums. We all love helping other Hobbyist. By the way I’m loving my Arocs. It’s been a great and reliable truck so far. Hope yours treats you as well as mine has treated me.

Comment

Thank you Baysim80, this really helps

Comment

Thought I would update with some thoughts and share some video so you would know what to expect with the tamiya electric actuator for the tipper truck. It’s slow! Real slow. The Huina dump truck dumps faster. I checked the manual for the tipper mechanism and it states that full range operation should take approximately 50 sec. I timed it and it’s right on. If your patient it’s great and operation has been reliable even with what I would consider allot of use. I’ve included a video link so you can see it in operation yourself. It’s cleaner than hydraulic and easier installing. Still very happy with the equipment I have installed on this fabulous truck.

Comment

Hi, I’m a novice in this hobby can anyone tell me how much it cost to build a tamiya Arocs 4151 8x4 truck truck kit or similar including remote. Any advice is greatly appreciated . Thanks!!!

Comment

Masonjax hi there. Sorry for not getting to your question sooner. The cost will be up to what you want your truck to be. I know that’s kinda vague but I’ll explain. First off get yourself the right radio. Tamiya says to use their overpriced four channel radio but a $67 flysky i6 radio works better and is a fraction of the cost so that’s a huge savings there. To get it running you need the radio, esc. The motor comes with it. That’s the minimum. You can get an esc for about $30. Now if you want sound then you have options but none are cheap. You can get the MFC which is expensive but it’s a fantastic option that has great sound and lighting included. And don’t worry you can use the flysky no problem and utilize all the features of the MFC. I have both MFC units in different tamiya trucks and I love both. The MFC also has a built in esc so you don’t have to buy that in addition. So the MFC=esc,sound,lighting all in one package. So it’s expensive but in my opinion worth it. There are other options to explore as well that are more programmable for the sounds you may want but this is a very nice unit. Now of you want to have a working dump bed that’s additional as well. Tamiya has a lift system for the dumper and it’s as slow as molasses (50sec transition time from level to full rise) and is the easiest install as it’s made specific for their truck. This item is expensive no matter what option you choose. Your looking at $300 plus to make it dump. I’m currently working on going hydraulic dump on my 6x4 tamiya dumper but it’s a lot of work and I’m not finished yet. I had the electric tamiya lift and I’m almost wishing i would have stayed with that and just been patient while dumping.
                          I hope this info helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Comment

Working...
                          X