Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official RotorScale MD500E Police Blue 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce our release of the RotorScale MD500E Police Blue 450 Size Helicopter. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this scale 450 helicopter.

Product Page: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...helicopter-pnp

Introducing RotorScale’s new lineup for sport scale PNP helicopters! At Motion RC, we believe there is more to RC helicopters than 3D acrobatic flying, so we’re excited to bring together scale realism and modern stabilization software in an economical, user-friendly package.

With the quality of Roban fiberglass fuselages the RotorScale 450 PNP Helicopter Series seeks to bring scale helicopter flying within the reach of pilots with basic collective pitch flight experience who are looking to move upward toward larger scale 500-800 size helicopters.

Using a 6S 1100-1500mAh battery, fly for 5-6 minutes while exploring the flight envelope of this sport scale stabilized helicopter. The durable fiberglass bodies are finished in automotive paint and clearcoat for durability, and feature sharp panel lines, rivets, and other surface details.

Digital servos provide precise and responsive action, and breakaway landing gear plates help divert damage during hard landings away from major frame components. If ever required, the internal frame can be completely removed from the body in a few minutes with eight screws. Fully backed by Motion RC’s world renowned service, a complete line of spare parts is available to keep you flying.

INCLUDES:
    • RotorScale MD500E Police Blue 450 Size Helicopter - PNP
    REQUIRES:PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    B
    Class / Size 450
    Power Type Electric
    Rotor Type Collective Pitch
    Body Material Fiberglass
    Overall Size (L x W x H) 750 x 180 x 250mm
    Empty Weight (w/o Battery) 980g
    Main Rotor Diameter 740mm
    Main Rotor Blade Length 325mm
    Tail Rotor Diameter 162mm
    Tail Rotor Blade Length 61mm
    Tail Drive Type Belt
    Cyclic Servos eMax ES09MD metal gear
    Tail Servo eMax ES9258 metal gear
    Power System 450L-1800kV Brushless Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 50A Brushless with XT60 connector
    Recommended Battery 6S 22.2V 1100 - 1500 mAh LiPo with XT60 Connector
    Required Radio 6 Channel
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    Click image for larger version  Name:	mastera_6aea6321-d163-46b7-84f2-9a399ff79f79_1024x1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	156475
    Attached Files
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

You gotta love the power egg. Sweet!
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Per the Official RotorScale UH-1A Medic Green 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread, It appears MRC has been at the mercy of manufacturing issues and this may or may not happen. No fault of MRC, Per another thread, someone spoke to MRC recently and was told that they have been shelved for the forseeable future due to some issues with the manufacturer. It's certain a bummer but that's life. We can only hope this eventually surfaces. Despite some of the negative comments in the aforementioned thread, MRC is by far one of the best in the business and they back up their products. Though the marketing may have been a bit premature, I still would much rather they didn't release anything until all was kosher. Thanks for all you do to make this hobby most enjoyable MRC.

Comment

OK, so I just had a chat with someone from MRC support online about this. He said the reason for the holdup on these is they would not all perform the same so they have been held back until the new parts arrive for the factory to do an upgrade. They just want the customer to get a good product. He says they will eventually become available but no ETA at this time. To buy something else now or not to buy....that is the question. lol

Comment

Okay folks, the official RotorScale 450 Instruction Manual is now available on the support page of this model or click here for a direct link. Keep in mind this is a working document so check back regularly for any updated information that may be added. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Now available?
            Ordered!

Comment

Hi I have the same helicopter but I having problems set up the wiring can some make a video please

Comment

Just ordered one. have gasser helis looking for an electric. Ordered this one because of loyalty to MRC. Great company and absolutely Love James B from our first fly in.
                I pray this is up to the same quality as freewing products. Customer service is awesome, in particular Andrew. He is the best if things go sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by “Tool man” View Post
                  Just ordered one. have gasser helis looking for an electric. Ordered this one because of loyalty to MRC. Great company and absolutely Love James B from our first fly in.
                  I pray this is up to the same quality as freewing products. Customer service is awesome, in particular Andrew. He is the best if things go sideways.
                  Welcome to Squawk Tool Man! This is James and I appreciate the sentiment, we talking about the Jolly Good Fly-In? Trying to figure out just who you are

Comment

I had two great flights with mine today. Mine is a built up from the A-109 that I destroyed and bought the MD599E fuse to put the A-109 mechanics into.
                    I switched out the two blade head with a five blade head and went from 6s to 4s to get my head speed down. I’m running a microbeast.
                    Once in both flights today the motor shut off for a very brief second during flight. First time I was just flying strait and easy. I herd it and it picked up right away. Only got a slight dip. Second time I was in full high speed bank. I almost lost it as it dropped very fast. I was able to save it and immediately landed and shut her down. I think it might be the Stick ESC, I might switch to a hobbywing.

I do love this helicopter and it looks really good in the air.

gravy

Comment

What headspeed are you running?

Comment

From using a head speed calculator only, I’m around 1800.

gravy

Comment

looks awesome. This is exactly what I want to do. Looks awesome!

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                          I had two great flights with mine today. Mine is a built up from the A-109 that I destroyed and bought the MD599E fuse to put the A-109 mechanics into.
                          I switched out the two blade head with a five blade head and went from 6s to 4s to get my head speed down. I’m running a microbeast.
                          Once in both flights today the motor shut off for a very brief second during flight. First time I was just flying strait and easy. I herd it and it picked up right away. Only got a slight dip. Second time I was in full high speed bank. I almost lost it as it dropped very fast. I was able to save it and immediately landed and shut her down. I think it might be the Stick ESC, I might switch to a hobbywing.

I do love this helicopter and it looks really good in the air.

gravy

Comment

So my cut out issues all gone. I put in a talon 35 and gave her a couple flights today. She was solid even in the wind. I’m running 1575rpm for idle up and 1800 for flight. I love the slow start.

gravy

Comment

Good job. In your bird, when running as you said - 1575 RPM for idle. What is that in your radio throttle setting? 50% or? I think you mentioned that about 80% for flight was what you are using. That should make things nice and docile for scale flying. Looks like you have the tweaks completed for your five head setup - SWEET!

Comment

The talon ESC is programmed as such.
                                30% throttle =1575 rpms
                                70% throttle =1800 rpms
                                100% throttle =1900 rpms

my transmitter is programmed with throttle out put on a 3 position switch.
                                down = 0 (throttle lock)
                                mid = 30%
                                up = 70%

gravy

Comment

Thanks Gravy. Its nice to have some numbers to work with.

Comment

Curious - Any of you guys using a Futaba TX and RX? I think I have everything setup correctly but when I connect the battery (recommended Admiral 22.2v, 30C, 1100mAh), I get a constant beep every second. Normally this would tell me that it needs to be bound/linked...they are. I am using the Tarot ZYX S2 FBL controller. When the Tarot powers up, the lights on the controller blink a few times then they all go out (no steady blue). I am thinking I might have a bad ESC. Perhaps a bad motor? But the motor seems so reliable. The motor "bumps", but I get nothing beyond that. No servo movement at all. Any thoughts from anyone? I take it this is not a common thing for this heli. Wondering what stupid mistake(s) I have made in setup.

Comment

Throw the zyx in the trash. Mine did the same thing. I could never get it initialized.

Comment

Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                                        Throw the zyx in the trash. Mine did the same thing. I could never get it initialized.
                                        I am beginning to think the trash is a good place. Will call MRC and see if they can help (sure they can, even if it is toss it in the trash...lol). I can get the ZYX to connect via the computer but everything seems to be wrong. This sucker is blowing my poor little mind which is not hard to do :)

Talked with Ed at MRC today and after going through several checks and diagnostics it seems the Tarot ZYX is hit and miss (sometimes it would boot correctly - other times not). Not going to risk it and will be switching to a Microbeast. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the help guys. It was a frustrating time when I KNEW my connections were all correct. This is my first scale heli. Flown a number of booms in the past and looking forward to seeing this one fly and working on the total scale look and feel.
                                        Last edited by Larry D; Feb 21, 2020, 01:17 PM. Reason: Update:

Comment

Working...
                                        X