Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roban B206 Stars and Stripes 700 Size Helicopter Scale Conversion Kit

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban B206 Stars and Stripes 700 Size Helicopter Scale Conversion Kit

I've started on this B206 last Hangar Day, it's like a local one that has the record for most hours logged on a 206.

Here's the link for the kit, I'm using a stock T-Rex 700e mechanics and a Castle Talon 120A ESC.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4514.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	236986

I have opened up four new Robans and they have all been well packaged and arrived with no damage whatsoever.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4516.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.0 KB ID:	236987

Double thick cardboard and double boxes, all parts were well wrapped and taped in place through out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4517.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.8 KB ID:	236988

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4520.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.0 KB ID:	236990

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4518.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.6 KB ID:	236989

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.9 KB ID:	236991

The paint finish is absolutely gorgeous

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4589.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.3 KB ID:	236995

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4590.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	236992

I used a 2mm drill to start the holes for the skids and steps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4594.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	236994

I used these 3mm hex-heads and aluminum cups from the T-rex.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4595.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	236998

Nutserts to hold the vertical stab.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4596.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.1 KB ID:	236993

I'm using the Brain2 or Ikon2 (same thing just different 😎) and satellite receivers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4592.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.2 KB ID:	236996

Clearanced the frame adapter holes to 5mm for some wiggle room, again I used the 3mm hex-heads and cups from the T-rex.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4593.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	236997

More to follow...
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Following!

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Ryanmlt1 !
      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Looking nice already TiredIronGRB !

Comment

TiredIronGRB Subscribed!

The aluminum cups are a good idea, and I agree, the paintjob on this bird is really stunning! Many of Roban's models use two stage automotive paint, and this one's clear coat looks especially clean. I'm eager to see this bird in the sun where it will "pop" even more.

Where will you be mounting the satellites?
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I installed the tail boom in the fuselage first then dropped the frame in and hooked the boom back up, there's plenty of room to slide the mechanics forward enough to tighten the boom and put the servo arm back on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4606.JPG
Views:	987
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	238430

I made this magnetic hex-driver extension that really helps in tight spots.

Name:	IMG_4610.JPG
Views:	1010
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	238435

Mounted the FBL up top so it's easily accessible, usually one satellite towards the top of the fuselage and one on the very bottom.

Name:	IMG_4624.JPG
Views:	1020
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	238434

Installed the horizontals using a 6mm wood dowel and E6000 (Goop) adhesive.

Name:	IMG_4626.JPG
Views:	966
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	238432

Trimmed out for the tail rotor and installed the stiff wire skid, I'll put a black rubber hose over it to keep from impaling myself .

Name:	IMG_4627.JPG
Views:	981
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	238431

Name:	IMG_4633.JPG
Views:	951
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	238433

Installed the wire cutters and started buttoning up the fuselage.

Name:	IMG_4635.JPG
Views:	974
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	238429

Name:	IMG_4636.JPG
Views:	955
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	238427

Name:	IMG_4639.JPG
Views:	1006
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	238426

Name:	IMG_4640.JPG
Views:	971
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	238428

Installed the windshield (fit was perfect) and opted for some tinted styrene on top, I'll wait on the side windows.

Name:	IMG_4642.JPG
Views:	977
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	238425

Name:	IMG_4645.JPG
Views:	988
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	238422

Name:	IMG_4646.JPG
Views:	992
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	238421

Name:	IMG_4652.JPG
Views:	1038
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	238420

She's one sleek looking bird and the paint is beautiful, I can't wait to get it out on a sunny day.

Name:	IMG_4655.JPG
Views:	1019
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	238423

Name:	IMG_4659.JPG
Views:	1087
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	238424
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

She looks great in the real world. Much better than with a white background shot! Can't wait to see her outside with some nice sunlight on her (Let there be light!)

Comment

Looks awesome. A couple of questions. Do the the mechanics sit out (height wise) enough, I have seem some other builds where spacers were added for a more scale look, making the swashplate sit higher up? I have seen a few where the head is very close to the body Do you think mounting the mechanics directly to the wood will be okay for vibrations or would it be better to adde some rubber between the wood and mechanics? Im really interested to see how the batteries will mount with CG and the maiden!

Comment

Those rubber footed scissor clamps are so handy! I need some of those! My plastic clamps don't have the reach.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanmlt1 View Post
                    Looks awesome. A couple of questions. Do the the mechanics sit out (height wise) enough, I have seem some other builds where spacers were added for a more scale look, making the swashplate sit higher up? I have seen a few where the head is very close to the body Do you think mounting the mechanics directly to the wood will be okay for vibrations or would it be better to add some rubber between the wood and mechanics? I'm really interested to see how the batteries will mount with CG and the maiden!
                    I think about 4mm under the supplied adapter bracket will be all you could raise it, I have some hard rubber spacers I may try. I plan to run two Admiral 6S 5000 in the frame towards the front, if I go with an interior I'll mount them outside the frame one on each side.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                      Those rubber footed scissor clamps are so handy! I need some of those! My plastic clamps don't have the reach.
                      Clamps
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Thanks for posting this thread. It's been a great reference so far.

I just started my Roban JetRanger with a stock Trex 700E. Fuse has been sitting in the box for too many months and now I'm getting around to it. Got the kit organized tonight and the skids installed. Planning on adding a light kit too. I chose the "News" scheme but won't be adding the decals. Going to keep it as a Texas bird.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for sharing the pictures
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Made a bit of progress on the JetRanger tonight. Fitted the tailboom and made a few brackets for support towards the top. Also in the process of 3D printing battery trays to mount on the sides of the mechanics.

Comment

hi
                              The aluminum cups are a good idea, and I agree, the paintjob on this bird is really stunning! Many of Roban's models use two stage automotive paint, and this one's clear coat looks especially clean. I'm eager to see this bird in the sun where it will "pop" even more.
                              thanks

Comment

hi
                                I just started my Roban JetRanger with a stock Trex 700E. Fuse has been sitting in the box for too many months and now I'm getting around to it. Got the kit organized tonight and the skids installed. Planning on adding a light kit too.
                                thanks

Comment

Originally posted by daisydank View Post
                                  hi
                                  thanks
                                  carry on good work

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                    ok i provide you rubber footed scissor

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                      I've started on this B206 last Hangar Day, it's like a local one that has the record for most hours logged on a 206.

Here's the link for the kit, I'm using a stock T-Rex 700e mechanics and a Castle Talon 120A ESC.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4514.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	236986

I have opened up four new Robans and they have all been well packaged and arrived with no damage whatsoever.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4516.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.0 KB ID:	236987

Double thick cardboard and double boxes, all parts were well wrapped and taped in place through out.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4517.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.8 KB ID:	236988

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4520.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.0 KB ID:	236990

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4518.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.6 KB ID:	236989

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4534.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.9 KB ID:	236991

The paint finish is absolutely gorgeous

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4589.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.3 KB ID:	236995

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4590.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	236992

I used a 2mm drill to start the holes for the skids and steps.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4594.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	236994

I used these 3mm hex-heads and aluminum cups from the T-rex.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4595.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	236998

Nutserts to hold the vertical stab.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4596.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.1 KB ID:	236993

I'm using the Brain2 or Ikon2 (same thing just different 😎) and satellite receivers.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4592.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.2 KB ID:	236996

Clearanced the frame adapter holes to 5mm for some wiggle room, again I used the 3mm hex-heads and cups from the T-rex.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4593.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	236997

More to follow...
                                      its really amazing.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                        X