X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Roban 700 AH-64D Apache

Well I picked up a Grey Apache for a price I could not turn down.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200412_104350.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.2 KB ID:	249458

End goal but not as weathered and Im leaving the exhaust straight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	82833_1535904268.jpg
Views:	1255
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	249472
    Attached Files

Started pulling sensors off the heli that is not normally found on newer Domestic D models. Adding parts from Fine Scale Modela and My own 3D printed items.

Name:	20200413_165126.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	249464

Name:	20200413_165131.jpg
Views:	972
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	249465

Comment

Name:	20200413_184358.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	249469Click image for larger version

Name:	20200415_184648.jpg
Views:	994
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	249471

Name:	20200413_165141.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	249470

Comment

looking nice! subscribed 👍
        i got the green one and loved this beast! already hovered and adjusted so everything is running smooth. now im going to add details from fine scale modela and then going to paint it, but im still looking for the correct color...

Comment

There really is not a correct color camo green unless the just rolled it out the paint shop. Closes I could find is rustoleum camo green 2x. I backed it with dark grey 2x primer. It looks very close to the real color. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200419_165115.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	250338Click image for larger version

Name:	20200419_164830.jpg
Views:	1040
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	250339

Comment

I have model masters helo green showing up today. I’m waiting to see how close a color match it is to robans factory paint.

looking good, what did you use to glue the pylons onto the wings? I know Rcjetdude filled the wings with foam and used gorilla glue. I was just thinking of cleaning up the pylon and wing pylon area and gorilla glue epoxing it together. Buddy though foamtac might b better.

Gravy

Comment

Bvm hysol for the rocket pods. The hellfire rack are on hold until I figure out how I want to paint them. But I'll probably just hysol those on too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                I have model masters helo green showing up today. I’m waiting to see how close a color match it is to robans factory paint.

looking good, what did you use to glue the pylons onto the wings? I know Rcjetdude filled the wings with foam and used gorilla glue. I was just thinking of cleaning up the pylon and wing pylon area and gorilla glue epoxing it together. Buddy though foamtac might b better.

Gravy
                The US Army Helo Drab is a little darker than the stock paint that came on mine.

Comment

Yeah. I just got the paint and looks like I’m going to have to do a full repaint. Oh well I gues I can do some weathering now.

Gravy
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                    Yeah. I just got the paint and looks like I’m going to have to do a full repaint. Oh well I gues I can do some weathering now.

Gravy
                    Thats what I did before the camo paint job. It looked good when finished.

Comment

Im thinking to try helo drab, cause i want the heli more darker than the stock green, with some shades on it and little weathering... that will look nice, but im moving my home, so im grounded right now

Comment

Name:	20200420_210707.jpg
Views:	1045
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	250453Click image for larger version

Name:	20200420_210652.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	250454

Comment

That color is much darker in real life. The inside lighting does weird stuff to colors. It's why they say weather under inside light. It wont be as bright in natural light.

Comment

Looks good to me! Glad to see somebody else has a work area like me!! lol... 6-17 Cav... I see SNAKE EYE in one of their FB pictures

Comment

Snake Eye won out over Tyron Biggums and Meat Tornado.

I'm getting ready to shoot a matte clear and then possibly chalk pastel wash and another coat of clear today.

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicFrawg View Post
                                Snake Eye won out over Tyron Biggums and Meat Tornado.

I'm getting ready to shoot a matte clear and then possibly chalk pastel wash and another coat of clear today.
                                IDK... would've been pretty tough to not go with Tyron Biggums lol

Comment

It would not fit lol

Comment

Today is the day.

Name:	20200425_105919.jpg
Views:	1205
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	251345Click image for larger version

Name:	20200425_105904.jpg
Views:	1196
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	251346Click image for larger version

Name:	20200425_105954.jpg
Views:	1146
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	251347Click image for larger version

Name:	20200425_110007.jpg
Views:	1134
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	251348

Comment

It looks stellar to me, AtomicFrawg ! ! By the time you're reading this, how did it go?
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicFrawg View Post
                                        Today is the day.
                                        AF, If I have not yet welcomed you here, Welcome To Hobby Squawk! Great looking Apache. Congrats and Good Luck, today. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                        X