Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well she’s ready to stuff the bird. Got two great flights on the mechs today. She runs smooth and will even be smoother with the extra weight.
    8s was the magic number. Motor temp was 90f after 5 minutes of flight. I’m running with 45% head room, more than I like but esc was nice and cool too.

so now to put her in her new home.

Gravy

Comment

She’s done and ready to fly.

Gravy
      Attached Files

Comment

Sweet! +1

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
          She’s done and ready to fly.

Gravy
          Looking good!

Comment

I'm working on one of these right now myself. I have a question - the windows for the doors do not fit in the window opening - they are too big. What did you do to make yours fit other than just simply trimming them to fit. All of the other windows fit in the openings ok.

Comment

Didn’t get windows for my doors. Honestly I didn’t pay attention and just thought it didn’t come with them by design.
              now I need to decide if I want to buy the spare parts window or just leave them off.

Gravy

Comment

I'll try and get a couple pictures of those windows, they don't fit into the openings, the raised window portion that should sit down into the opening is too big. If they are all like that you might want to just save your money and not buy them. I think mine were all packaged together, but if you still have you box it came in check to see if they are in there.

I have mine ready for the first run of it with the mechanics installed. I was a great flying Trex 550 Dominator before I put it in the fuselage, so hopefully it still will be a great flying heli with just a new skin. lol

Leon

Comment

Yeah I’m not worried about not having them. I’ll leave them out for ventilation purposes.

hope your maiden goes good.

Gravy

Comment

Here is what they look like. Way too big. Think I'm going to leave them out as well for airflow.

Did you get to maiden yours yet?

Leon
                    Attached Files

Comment

No just finished it this weekend. Hope to this upcoming weekend. I’ve flown the mechanics already a bunch of times. It’s a 600n converted to electric while keeping the clutch. Has a nice start up. Like you posted, not expecting and issues, good helicopter with new skin.

Gravy

Comment

She flew. Had to adjust my pitch curve a tad but that was it. However I do need to work some more in the gear. Once I get that done she spend a bunch of time in the air.

Gravy

Comment

So last time I took her out to put her through the paces, the gear gave me nothing but issues. So I decided to do a whole gear overhauled. All three CF rods are changed out now with new steel rods. I still need to grind in some flats for the grub screws but on a dry test it’s now butter smooth. Second I will make the gear ridged. No more shock spring. I decided to do this as I got some major ground resonance while the aircraft was in the spring range during both take off and landing. Also she just squats down to low when the gear compresses.

Hopefully this takes care of my LG issues.

Gravy
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi!

The landing gear maks also a lot of trouble in my 500 Airwolf. After a crash I made it a little more scale. The gear locked in both directions, so the servo is without
                            pressure. I builded in some ballrings and reinforcement for the axes.

Jens
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by liberoreiter View Post
                              Hi!

The landing gear maks also a lot of trouble in my 500 Airwolf. After a crash I made it a little more scale. The gear locked in both directions, so the servo is without
                              pressure. I builded in some ballrings and reinforcement for the axes.

Jens
                              Your rivets look pretty good! Did you free hand those, or perhaps used a rivet strip?

Comment

It's self-adhesive film , cutting by Laser 1,5 mm, distace 4x4 mm. I cut it in stripes how I need it.

Comment

Got her all back together and did a test hover and gear check Sunday. It could have ended very badly, but luck was smiling on my.
                                  Everything went smooth. Gut her started up and lift off nice and gently. Did a few gear up / gear down with no issues. Did some side to side and yaw left yaw right. All went smooth. About 3 minutes into this I thought about taking out for a run but finally decided on just set her down. As I was about 1” -2” off the deck, the motor just died. WTF! She set down all sweet and just finished coasting to a stop.
                                  Motor and ESC not even warm. Tried to restart it but she just stuttered. Took her back to the pit for closer inspection.
                                  one of the motor leads came out of the CC HV120.

So many things went through my head at this point.

so I made a lead lock. This should never happen again.

Gravy
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Dangit, Gravy! You are becoming my textbook reference for “Things That Can Break And Do”.

Comment

Lmao
                                      but at-least I can fix them.
                                      cobra get primer tomorrow by the way. I’ll post in that thread an update after it dries.

Gravy

Comment

Are you still active Gravy? I just came across your thread and have some question on your conversion pls

Comment

Yeah I'm still here. ask away I'll see what kind of answers I can give you. LOL

Gravy

Comment

Working...
                                          X