X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoenixTech 600ESP

I ordered two of these PhoenixTech 600ESP kits. Will MotionRC be carrying spare parts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PhoenixTech_600ESP.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	279256

I have a support ticket open to MRC from Monday asking that very question. I’ll post their reply when I hear back. I specifically asked if they planned to stock the 3rd main shaft bearing block.

Comment

MRC responded to my inquiry & stated they do plan to stock Phoenixtech 500/600/700 ESP parts but don’t have a delivery date yet. Hope that info helped.

Comment

To follow up on Phoenixtech 600 ESP parts: Due to the wider frame spacing of the PT 600 ESP vs the Align 600 ESP the Align 600N (Nitro) main shaft bearing block is a direct drop in fit for the optional Phoenixtech 3rd (lower) bearing block, which has proven to be impossible to find in the U.S. so far. I gambled & ordered a pair of the Aligns (HN6068T) from AMain & even the mounting ears/holes fit without filing. I also replaced those Freddy Kruger tail blades with something more respectable for a man of my golden years.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E8A95AF5-3285-45EB-B390-058A9E501433.jpeg
Views:	815
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	280178Click image for larger version

Name:	37AD1A83-DD71-4A01-99B4-487969D74964.jpeg
Views:	968
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	280179

Comment

Ridgerunner, were your main & autorotate gears straight? Mine are warped & wobble noticeably. From reading J.Salt’s review of the PT 600ESP seems to be a hit-or-miss issue with these helis. Was hoping the warp wouldn’t really be a problem but when I finally spooled it up yesterday discovered lots of vibration in the head. I ordered new Align 600 gears last night.

Comment

I haven't assembled mine yet so can't yet say anything about the gear roundness. I've recently purchased four PT600ESP kits and two Roban 600 MD-500 fuses. Sure would like to hear from Motion about their plans for spare parts support or not.

I'm also very interested in obtaining several of the optional lower bearing block assemblies (which use bearings having a 9mm I.D. - the main shaft is 10mm at the top but 9mm on the bottom.)

Comment

I couldn’t locate a 9x19x5mm bearing to replace the 10x19x5mm one in the Align bearing block I bought so I tried several things. My solution is a 6x10x6mm self lubricating bronze bushing drilled out to 9mm then JB Weld(ed) in the bearing. A flanged bushing would probably work also. I’ve read some folks have reamed the bearing block out to 20mm for easy to find 9x20x5mm bearings also.

Comment

Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                  I haven't assembled mine yet so can't yet say anything about the gear roundness. I've recently purchased four PT600ESP kits and two Roban 600 MD-500 fuses. Sure would like to hear from Motion about their plans for spare parts support or not.

I'm also very interested in obtaining several of the optional lower bearing block assemblies (which use bearings having a 9mm I.D. - the main shaft is 10mm at the top but 9mm on the bottom.)
                  The part you need for the lower bearing block is this: https://www.amainhobbies.com/align-b...nhn6011/p14733. I added one to my Chaos 600 that currently is in my 600 UH-1N. I can't seem to find them online, but I was able to score one at my LHS.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                    The part you need for the lower bearing block is this: https://www.amainhobbies.com/align-b...nhn6011/p14733. I added one to my Chaos 600 that currently is in my 600 UH-1N. I can't seem to find them online, but I was able to score one at my LHS.
                    Not sure if that one has the, (unique to PhoenixTech 600ESP), 54 mm frame spacing?

Comment

Not sure if that one has the, (unique to PhoenixTech 600ESP), 54 mm frame spacing?
                      I believe that it fit in mine without any spacers. I'd have to pull out the mechs to check for sure though.

Comment

More than a month and.... Crickets!

Comment

I just picked one up recently from Motion. Not sure when I'll start the build...got too many things on the bench. But will post when I start.

Comment

Once again... Does MotionRC plan to offer spare parts for the PhoenixTech 600ESP?

Would someone at MRC please reply? If the answer is simply: "No", or "We don't know yet", I'm Ok with that. But no answer at all is just plain rude (and is starting to piss me off).

Its been nearly two months.

Comment

I submitted a review about 2 months ago and it hasn't been published. Not sure whats going on

Comment

More than two months and still no answer!

James? Alpha? Anyone at MRC?

Comment

Hey ridgerunner - just happened to see this this morning. I will check but always contact CS if you want to try and get a quicker answer. Impossible to read every thread.

Looking at the product page though, we don't even have a spare parts tab. But I will try to find out an answer

Comment

We are in the process of bringing in the Phoenixtech Line of ESP Helicopters that will include all the necessary spare parts to complete a conversion kit from 450 size up to 700 size. It will take roughly 2 months or so before they arrive. Any questions please call Motion RC's Helicopter Tech Support or ask for me - Ed 224-633-9090.

Comment

In reference, That will include the third bearing block and pinion gears as well for the Phoenixtech 600 ESP.

Comment

Thank you. Note that I'm not impatient (just the opposite). I'm good with waiting a few months - (that's why I ordered a couple extra spare kits... just in case).

In the meantime, need to go build some of my other kits gathering dust in my: "pile-O-kits"... (DH Venom 2, FL B-24, FW P-51, FW AL-37, RotorScale MD500, Huey, Oxy 2/3/4max, Logo 550SX V2, Henseleit TDF, and a half dozen Tarot 450 Sports.)

Thanks again for (finally) responding.
                                        Jeff Roberson in Austin, UT

Comment

Working...
                                        X