Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Your only a day away.

😂

Gravy

Comment

I got my decals. So gloss coat and right side done. Tomorrow I’ll do left side. Let them sit a day or two and then mat coat. After that dries I can finish it up.
      this one is coming out great.

Almost can’t tell it was wrecked.

Gravy
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
        I got my decals. So gloss coat and right side done. Tomorrow I’ll do left side. Let them sit a day or two and then mat coat. After that dries I can finish it up.
        this one is coming out great.

Almost can’t tell it was wrecked.

Gravy
        Oooooh, I see you got my Cobra almost ready for me to pick up, looks awesome with the decals and new paint job.....

Comment

Can’t wait to see the finished mat coat. Great work!

Comment

Got the left side done tonight. You night will be the dull coat. If all goes good she’ll be installed by end of next weekend.

Gravy
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow that looks good, soon to be mine one day...

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                Wow that looks good, soon to be mine one day...
                😡

Comment

Find out what day Gravy plans to miracle those mechanics back in the fuse, then show up 15 min after he starts. He’ll thank you for taking it off his hands.🤔

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                    Find out what day Gravy plans to miracle those mechanics back in the fuse, then show up 15 min after he starts. He’ll thank you for taking it off his hands.🤔

I have been giving him a bad time about taking his Cobra (his pride and joy) off his hands ever since I seen his first flight with it, and after seeing the crash and then the rebuild, he has done a great job on the rebuild, so I have come to the conclusion that I won't be getting it anytime soon, so Gravy, you can rest now that I won't be sneaking over there and stealing your Cobra.......

Comment

we’ll see if that’s the case this time. Iz havez an Ideaz. If all goes as I plan it should be easy peezy.

Gravy

Comment

Things left to do.
                        secure front mechanics into ply bed. Secure cockpit into canopy. Wire connect lighting to rx. Trim little bit of fuse at tail control arm. Fly.

it did go in much easier this time. Only a few curse words used.
                        si this time I drilled and taped a screw hole in both the horizontal and vertical parts of the tail riser set. This allowed me to shave off the locking plastic nob inside that keeps it all from twisting freely so inserting the tubes would be easy.
                        by doing this I was able to slide the mechanics in without the tail riser and add it in through the back. Then to lock it in place I simple add the new locking screw. This worked out great. The same was done for the riser tube. Took all of 5 minutes, the second time.
                        the first time I found out that the new control balls I added on the triangular control rod transitioner were sticking out to far. So I had to pull the whole tail riser setup out to fix that.

She should be ready to fly this weekend. DCORSAIR I’m looking at you. Time to get our Apaches together for a play date, you also need to hydrate as you’ll be drooling over MY cobra. 😜

Gravy
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just awesome Gravy, your turning out some nice scalers....

Comment

Great work, Gravy....DC’s tongue about to slap his brains out.😂

Comment

Looks excellent, nice work!

Comment

Great work, Gravy....DC’s tongue about to slap his brains out.😂
                                Yep, but he won't let me get to close to that Cobra, I will just have to get me one and build it myself.............

Comment

Vibrations gone, now to change to two blade tail for more scale accuracy and better control.

so I also found these two gems on the AH-1W 4 bladed test bed.

I think AH-1Wx sounds better.

Gravy
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Great news. Looks awesome too.

Comment

Thanks, DCORSAIR helped me get it sorted today. It’s good to have a helicopter buddy to do a buddy check for you now and then. He did seam to get a little to touch feely, but I kept a close eye on him.

Gravy

Comment

Oh let DC cop a feel....I’m sure he’ll respect her in the morning. 😉

Comment

Put a bow on her gentlemen, she’s done. Got a great flight out of her today. She handlers beautifully.
                                          now to start the Blackhawk.

Gravy

Comment

Working...
                                          X