Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a crash when I went from inverted to upright. The belt slipped and it crashed to the ground with no power. The belt is very loose, I had this happen before. The belt drive mechanism needs to be improved.

Comment

I replaced the feathering shaft in my 450. I didn't find a thrust bearing. Does it have thrust bearings?

Comment

I have seen these advertised as V2 450 and V2 450L. Is there a difference? What does the "L" stand for?

Comment

Where can I get information on if/how to fit a scale body to my FW450. I looked at YouTube videos for this 'copter but didn't see anything of that nature.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Have you tried the "return home" yet? I'm wondering if it knows where "home" is without the compass calibration. I take it that it does the "position hold" well?
            If the compass wasn't calibrated it wouldn't hold position and would likely start circling and crash. I know because my Hubsan Zino drone compass lost it's calibration and the drone circled out of control and flew away into the next neighborhood where it was destroyed when it hit a tree and fell into someone's back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
              Nice! I guess the calibration procedure is for "just in case". I use the Bigaole Return to Home module in all my sailplanes and never have I had to do any GPS calibration on them. They just secure the satellites and simply works.
              Magnetic north varies slightly by location, depending on where the 'copter compass was calibrated before you got it will determine how accurately it will hold it's position and/or RTH. Ideally if you are flying x number of miles away from the location where the compass was previously calibrated you should re-calibrate the compass. The value of 'x' may be unknown by you or you may not be able to accurately ascertain if it's compatible with your location so ROT when in doubt always calibrate a new drone/heli/compass to your home location before attempting to fly with the GPS turned on.

Comment

Thanks for the info, however, it's been a while now and Motion (or any other trust worthy sellers) never got any stock since I was first interested in this. I don't trust the sellers that has these in the Asian markets. Now, with some of the "iffy" reports, I've moved on and this is off the table.

Comment

They just got the FW450 back in stock a week ago. I ordered one and got it yesterday!

Comment

There are two TIMERS on the transmitter display panel. How do they work?

Comment

It is VERY HARD to find details on setup of the displays for the RX and TX on the transmitter. They don't read properly.😡 Is there a "technical" representative to correspond with or is this the best avenue to find information?

Comment

Originally posted by iFLY_RC Vic View Post
                        It is VERY HARD to find details on setup of the displays for the RX and TX on the transmitter. They don't read properly.😡 Is there a "technical" representative to correspond with or is this the best avenue to find information?
                        There are some details on the RX and TX displays in the FS-i6S User Manual for the transmitter. Not much technical info available on this forum.

Comment

Hello - I have read that if I fly the FW450 at another location than the last flight that I should re-calibrate the compass. If I have green light in the H1 am I good or must I recalibrate ?
                          TIA - Alan

Comment

Anyone know where I can order the same size lipo battery that came stock in the 450L v2?
                            or a replacement size that fits?

Comment

Originally posted by Hasselbrook View Post
                              Anyone know where I can order the same size lipo battery that came stock in the 450L v2?
                              Likely there are few people on this forum that have this helicopter. That's probably why nobody responded to your other thread. I don't have this heli but if nobody else answers, here's what you can do. First, you have this heli, right? So, you have the stock battery, yes? If not, go to this product's webpage on MotionRC and look up what information they have on it. Motion recommends a certain battery for it. They recommend "Admiral 4S 2200mAh with XT60 connector". Now look up that battery on Motion's site and take note of the weight and dimensions of that battery. If you have the stock battery, you can weigh it and measure it. Now go to Motion and look at all their batteries in that cell count and see what is the biggest you can put in that heli and still make it work. You also have the heli, so you can measure the size of the battery compartment to give you the absolute largest that will fit in that space. The other consideration is the weight and how close is that battery to the CG. If you go too heavy, the heli will have a hard time balancing when flying. Even with the gyro and GPS, it can only do so much with too much weight.

Comment

Don't know why my post posted twice
                                ​​

Comment

Well, actually everything that xviper said is spot on and you'll find Flywing LiPos that were packaged with the RTF FW450 v2 on AliPress or Ebay, but there prices are high. You would do better to measure the stock BT-52WH 3500mAh 35c Lipo and verify its dimensions of 93mm x 43mm x33mm (LxHxW) and the weight of 275g / 9.5oz. The battery bay has good height and length to accommodate many battery dimensions however; be mindful of the width because you need to account for a velcro strap "if you plan to wrap" one around the battery. I purchased 4 battery mounting clips FL440 and will order some SOCOKIN 4S 2200mAh 50C Batteries with XT60 Plug. Dimensions are; 102mm x 32mm x 34.5mm (L x W x H). I can buy 3 of these for the price of one of those stock LiPos. So, read what xviper wrote a few times, do some research, and remember "Google" is your friend...... hope this helps. Regards - Simages
                                  ​​

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thank you
                                      Your welcome and post back what find and purchase. Might help others.....

Comment

Originally posted by Simages View Post
                                        Don't know why my post posted twice
                                        ​​
                                        It's almost happened to me several times. It's happened to a few others as well. Since the forum went to a newer revision, there is a significant lag time in anything that happens - like loading a new page, results from a new search or just posting a reply or new thread. It almost appears as though the site needs to wake up when you click on something, so one tends to click it again, hence 2 of everything.

Comment

Anyone know how or if I can reverse the male plug on the tail of the 450 v2?
                                          Mine is installed in reverse and won't fit into the female plug in the copter??
                                          Last edited by Hasselbrook; Nov 28, 2022, 11:34 AM. Reason: SP

Comment

Working...
                                          X